Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? (1330 Views)

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" / He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take? / Sad-Looking Bride Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Husband, Now Looks Happy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Zakkyoz: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Our wedding is just a week old and we were admonished today in my church to engage in a 'spiritual exercise' of 21-day prayer and fasting starting from tomorrow.
Should we quit the honeymoon with its attendant activities and concentrate on the prayer and fasting? Can honeymoon and prayer and fasting go pari passu?
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by taylor88(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
The kind wey dey hungry una for this country as if u hv not being wanking her on credit till date

Don't go and mix konji with holiness

Abeg my client wan pay me on 23rd before una use fvck annoy God

Oga fuckernizer wait abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Noloss(f): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
Well, it depends on the decision of both of you. It is good to embark on spiritual exercise. Amos 3:3 says it all.
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Jochabed(f): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
You quiting it,has to be a mutual agreement with your spouse. If you will be breaking at 6, then normal husband/wife relationship can continue.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by TiffanyJ(f): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Oga, God is after two things from us
1. Our heart
2.our faith
She is your wife sir. You can fast in the day if you wish and then catch fun in the evenings. It's not about fasting, your heart while fasting matters to God.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Zakkyoz: 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
Jochabed:
You quiting it,has to be a mutual agreement with your spouse. If you will be breaking at 6, then normal husband/wife relationship can continue.

OK. thanks
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by madridguy(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
Continue with your honeymoon bro.

Happy married life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Zakkyoz: 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
TiffanyJ:
Oga, God is after two things from us
1. Our heart
2.our faith
She is your wife sir. You can fast in the day if you wish and then catch fun in the evenings. It's not about fasting, your heart while fasting matters to God.

hmmmmmmm! it is well!

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Zakkyoz: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
madridguy:
Continue with your honey bro.

Happy married life.

My brother, it is not easy to pause on certain things one has longed for before marriage. I am still weighing a lot of options
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Evablizin(f): 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
cheesy

OP i support my 3 sisters above me,follow their advice.
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Zakkyoz: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
taylor88:
Don't go and mix konji with holiness

That fvck that's hungering u is it not the one u have been fvcking on credit for long

No go do wetin u go do God go vex come

Abeg my client wan pay me on 23rd

Oga fuckernizer wait abeg

haba Oga! who told you I have been doing it on credit?
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by madridguy(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bros God Almighty will understand you on this. Enjoy your new bride very well and join the fasting when you resume back to work.

Zakkyoz:

My brother, it is not easy to pause on certain things one has longed for before marriage. I am still weighing a lot of options

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bro fasting starts tomorrow and ur on honeymoon..if its me oh i don't see anything wrong with procreation when fasting...it could be done after you break for the day or if you can skip it till after the 21 days just make sure ur wife consents to it... Its my new dawn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Acidosis(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
What exactly do you want to achieve with the 21-day fasting?

To earn more money than Dangote?

Most of you are merely fasting because your pastor told you to do so. You lots don't follow the bible, just rhetoric declarations from your clergy.

Rule No. 1.

Fasting can be done at anytime of the year.. it is not a ritual or January festival.

Rule No. 2.

Fast whenever YOU want.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Acidosis(m): 10:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by dahmie2013: 7:45am On Jan 08, 2018
Matt 6:33 Bro, seek God first. Do u want a life time of honeymoon? Then seek God first.
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by jokepearl(f): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
dahmie2013:
Matt 6:33 Bro, seek God first. Do u want a life time of honeymoon? Then seek God first.

Who told you honeymooning is not seeking God.

@Op
Deuteronomy 24:5
If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married.

Sure this is self explanatory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by Heebah: 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Kai! I dunno where we r heading to in this country o,d way we carry religion on top of our head,we spse don become angels by now. Hian! Guy,wen u break ur fast copulate with ur wife,its also an act of worship. Haba!
Re: Should I Quit The Honeymoon Or Forego The 21-day Fasting? by DonOms(m): 7:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
jokepearl:

Who told you honeymooning is not seeking God.

@Op
Deuteronomy 24:5
If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married.

Sure this is self explanatory.

@zakkyoz, this advice by jokepearl is all you need. See, don't be carried away by all these religious activities that God sometimes doesn't even appreciate (Read Isaiah 58).

Pastors make their church members go on 21-days fasting but there aren't 21-days outreach where the poor are fed or the sick are taken care of or the prisoners are visited. Don't get me wrong, fasting is good but is that enough reason to fail in your primary duty as a newly-wed man? Even soldiers that just wed do not go to war so as to enjoy their wife and you're saying you want to skip honeymoon. I'm sure you won't be on the 'moon' for 24hrs in a day, so fast till 12PM and be on the 'moon' for the rest of the day. I'm sure God won't punish you for that so why should you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Is Happy To Speak With His Italian Daughter After 12 Years / Your Greatest Mistake Will Be To Ever Confide In Your Wife / Fear Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.