Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,257 members, 7,811,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" (22136 Views)

I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / Women Who Don't Submit To Their Husbands Can't Have Lasting Marriage-Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband

'I want to keep biblical femininity alive.'

A tradwife who 'submits' to her husband has hit back at trolls accusing her of being 'immature' for staying at home to 'heal her body for pregnancy.'

Aria Lewis, who grew in the Christian state of North Carolina, had a 'very promising, very busy career' as a wedding photographer but decided to quit to become a homemaker after tying the knot.

The 22-year-old, who was homeschooled as a child, now regularly posts content to TikTok where she boasts more than 17,000 followers.Aria previously revealed that being a 'traditional wife' involves submitting to your husband, having lots of children and teaching them at home.

But she has insisted that it is 'not a trend' and instead 'is something women have been since the beginning of time.'

'In the last hundred years with the feminist movement what used to be normal is now worthless and ridiculed.'

She said: 'Sometimes, working is the best decision for your family, and sometimes staying home is the best decision'

'You and your husband have to make that decision yourselves.

'But for goodness sakes, I cannot tell you the number of people who think I'm immature for staying home and running my side hustles homesteading, tending to my home and healing my body for pregnancy.'

Aria, who believes she was 'born in the wrong century,' tied the knot with husband Andrew when she was 18 and he was 24 - which is when they shared their first kiss.

The couple now run a homestead and don't own a TV as she attempts to 'keep biblical femininity alive.'

Source

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by MS247: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
cool

I hope the Man pays her reasonable allowance outside upkeep

You must make full house wife very very happy

Go to Gulf countries like Qatar and see how many house maid they get for their wife, their wife shop all evening for big brands, LV , Gucci Prada

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by mariahAngel(f): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
She should just say she's not ambitious.
I mean, she's a (wedding) photographer that doesn't even require much time and energy.

Boredom is waiting for her around the corner.
Only she should not turnaround to blame the man later.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by benuejosh: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
You did nothing bad.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by GanagiBitrus: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Everybody with their priorities.
For some it is family first, while for others it is Career 1st.

But there are actually some jobs that are strictly not for married women eg Offshore Jobs that you spend up to 4wks Offshore.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by David278: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Interesting

1 Like

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by chiefolododo(m): 3:09pm On Nov 08, 2023
Good/bad
Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by cococandy(f): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Full Story

Biblical femininity you say?
So what’s this?

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by Jeon(f): 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
Congratulations.

8 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by TimiRume(f): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2023
cococandy:

Biblical femininity you say?
So what’s this?

Which book, chapter and verse please

2 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by DDIA: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jeon:
Congratulations.

How is your cousin/husband and how are your children doing?

Hope they ate today? grin
Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by Jeon(f): 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
DDIA:

How is your cousin/husband and how are your children doing?

Hope they ate today? grin

You're back again ,with another moniker?
Wish they could l*ck you 4ev*r in dat pr*s*n,if it wasn't one of your made up tales .

7 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by DDIA: 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jeon:

You're back again ,with another moniker?
Wish they could l*ck you 4ev*r in dat pr*s*n,if it wasn't one of your made up tales .
Sorry darling grin, you are mistaking me for someone else.

Please how are your children doing in the north? grin
Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by Jeon(f): 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
DDIA:
Sorry darling grin, you are mistaking me for someone else.
Please how are your children doing in the north? grin
You are going to choke on your blood sooner than you thought.

7 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by cococandy(f): 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2023
people just use the Bible to justify whatever little scheme they got going on.
Men are required to provide and women are extolled to be industrious. It seems the Bible is in support of husbands and wives who work together?

Or….you can do whatever works for your family and leave the Bible out of it

Working Women in the Bible

The Bible mentions women who worked in commercial trade (Prov. 31:16a, 24; Acts 16:14), in agriculture (Josh. 15:17-19; Ruth 2:8; Prov. 31:16b), as millers (Exod. 11:5; Matt. 24:41), as shepherds (Gen. 29:9; Exod. 2:16), as artisans, especially in textiles (Exod. 26:1 NIV; Tobit 2:11ff NRSV; Acts 18:3), as perfumers and cooks (1 Sam. 8:13), as midwives (Exod. 1:15ff), as nurses (Gen. 35:8; Exod. 2:7; 2 Sam. 4:4; 1 Kings 1:4), as domestic servants (Acts 12:13, etc), and as professional mourners (Jer. 9:17). Women could also be patrons (Acts 16:40; Rom. 16:1-2), leaders (Judg. ch 4-5; 2 Sam. 20:16) and ruling queens (1 Kings 10:1ff; Acts 8:27). One Bible woman even built towns (1 Chron. 7:24). Many women, and men, worked from home, yet the Bible nowhere criticizes women who worked outside the home in the public sphere

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by cococandy(f): 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2023
TimiRume:
Which book, chapter and verse please

Hi. See my last post. smiley

2 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Biblical Feminity? God's curse on women as a result of the sins of Adam and Eve is regarded as biblical feminity. undecided
16 Then God said to the woman, “I will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain. You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”[a]
17 Then God said to the man, “I commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
19 You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.”
20 Adam[c] named his wife Eve.[d] He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.
21 The Lord God used animal skins and made some clothes for the man and his wife. Then he put the clothes on them.
22 The Lord God said, “Look, the man has become like us—he knows about good and evil. And now the man might take the fruit from the tree of life. If the man eats that fruit, he will live forever.”
23 So the Lord God forced the man out of the Garden of Eden to work the ground he was made from.
24 God forced the man to leave the garden. Then he put Cherub angels and a sword of fire at the entrance to the garden to protect it. The sword flashed around and around, guarding the way to the tree of life. - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24
Churchianism really does strip people of ability to reason. undecided

1 Like

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by DDIA: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jeon:

You are going to choke on your blood sooner than you thought.

I wish to order suya for a party I am going to host soon.

Can your husband make suya for me from a whole cow I bought in at most 3 days?

You guys can keep all the kayan chiki as payment.

I think that one alone can be able to serve as your protein source for at least 3 months considering it's just you him and the children. cool

Inform him and get back to me. cool
Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by FalseProphet1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
mariahAngel:
She should just say she's not ambitious.
I mean, she's a (wedding) photographer that doesn't even require much time and energy.

Boredom is waiting for her around the corner.
Only she should not turnaround to blame the man later.
Ada quit your job and come and submit to me and I'll make you happy. smiley

1 Like

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by Jeon(f): 4:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
DDIA:

I wish to order suya for a party I am going to host soon.

Can your husband make suya for me from a whole cow I bought in at most 3 days?

You guys can keep all the kayan chiki as payment.

I think that one alone can be able to serve as your protein source for at least 3 months considering it's just you him and the children. cool

Inform him and get back to me. cool
That really touched you for spending time to write these. Don't worry they will send you back to kirikiri again.

8 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by DDIA: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
Jeon:

That really touched you for spending time to write these. Don't worry they will send you back to kirikiri again.
You sound depressed. What happened in the house again or is it just mood swings?

Or are you pregnant again? grin

1 Like

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by TimiRume(f): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2023
cococandy:

Hi. See my last post. smiley
Okay seen. I liked the way you put it before(it was clearer), I only needed the Bible reference for each of them. Appreciate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by mariahAngel(f): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Ada quit your job and come and submit to me and I'll make you happy. smiley

Onye amuma-ugha, you cannot afford my happiness. smiley

3 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by jeromestarks: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
If you can't do this as a woman, you do not deserve love.
If you can not leave your job for your husband, your husband should leave you for your job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by efficiencie(m): 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Full Story

Only do this if your man is a husband indeed. If you married a beast, submission can become oppression...and leaving your job does not necessarily signify submission rather following your husband's lead and loyalty to him are the hallmarks of submission.

7 Likes

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by doggedfighter(f): 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
What's biblical feminity?

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by Mindlog: 1:01am On Nov 09, 2023
jeromestarks:
If you can't do this as a woman, you do not deserve love.
If you can not leave your job for your husband, your husband should leave you for your job.

A paedophile dishing out marital advice, what a wonderful world!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by socialmediaman: 5:03am On Nov 09, 2023
Re: "I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" by CooldipoMPS: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2023
grin

Beta wife!

wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marrying A Feminist / Akwa Ibom Girl Abandoned By Family And Left To Die, Rescued (Photo) / Think Before You Send Your Kids Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.