Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death (3136 Views)

Troops Recover 1304 Livestock,arrest 15 Cattle Rustlers & Kill Many Bandits(pics / Buhari’s Liaison Officer, Nura Rimi, Sent On Diplomatic Posting To UAE / Kano's Ex-Gov Alhaji Abubakarr Rimi Dies After Armed Robbery Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by ichommy(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2010
Fifteen suspects have been arrested by the police in connection with Sunday’s armed robbery attack which led to the death of a former governor of old Kano State, Alhaji Abubakar Rimi.

In a statement, the Force Public Relations Officer, Mr Emmanuel Ojukwu, said in Abuja on Thursday that the suspects were currently being interrogated, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

“The Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ogbonna Onovo, on April 8, 2010 paid a condolence visit to the family of late Abubakar Rimi, the government and the entire people of Kano State.

“At the emir’s palace, the IGP was received by Wambai Kano, where he appreciated the enormous contribution of late Rimi to the development of Nigeria’s democracy and his commitment to emancipation of the poor,” the statement said.

It said Onovo expressed regret over the circumstances that led to the death of the former governor and promised that the culprits would be brought to justice.

The statement added that the IG said that 15 persons had been arrested in connection with the attack and were undergoing interrogation.

“The emir pledged support and cooperation of the emirate, district and ward heads to the police in whatever capacity the police may require‘‘ to find the culprits, it added.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100409574775
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by leahdee(f): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2010
Na wah for Nigeria oh!I really tire dem, today Lagos, tomorrow Jos, after Kano, really shame for this kind acts and afraid to be a citizen.
Am really proud to be a Cameroonian, rare to find cases like dis.
All the same, we keep on praying for this nation, we are all Africans and above all, human beings.
God will help us, Peace to Kano cry cry cry shocked shocked sad sad
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by chidichris(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2010
only 15 suspects in a country of over 150 million ppl? no, that is too poor. we shld be looking at about 15 million ppl arrested at least to represent 10% of our population.
all the same, i trust nigerian police. they will soon get the killer as they did in the case of bola ige and other great nigerians who died on similar circumstances in the past.
very soon, the nigerian police will arrest goat and cow assassins suspected to be behind the killing of rimi.
by the way, we were told that the man died in the hospital because of neglegence and lack of equipment so if anyone must be arrested in this death, i think it is the govt who has refused to provide for us of which rimi is also a suspect.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by marvix(m): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2010
This our police, how do they just arrest pple wen u hav a high profile case, like they knew where they were. I don't c anythin reportable in arrestin 15 pple, did they investigate, did d other witnesses 2 d crime describe d thieves, does d police have a database of armed robbers across d country, cos this smacks of just randomly pickin pple nd interogate, they shld giv evidence because arestin pple is not d issue convictin d real criminals is d real issue.

@Chidichris, if there was negligence @ d hospital, why not call 4 d arrest of d Medical Director or the Doc on duty, or who is directly responsible instead of lashin out @ govt as though govt were an individual.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by seguntijan(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
Since Rimi is a reputable person investigation will be going on till the suspect is gotten, but how many people have go to heaven through what happen to Rimi? is there any investigation on it?For this country to move forward we dont need to look at status any more lets focus on all citizen not the politician only
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by peacettw: 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
I'm sorry but isn't it no longer shock or something that killed the man? Those thieves were merciful enough not to go medieval on him, and here we are arresting "suspects". He chose to travel in the middle of the night where every Tom, D.i.c.k and Harry knows is dangerous. True to type, he came face to face with the expected danger and was spared. His death was simply due to the inability of his already weakened body to withstand stress. One doesn't go about arresting people who delivered bad news to receipients who died on hearing it as a result of shock! Let's get real! Prosecute those suspects on charges of armed robbery with no intent to kill if found guilty n not on murder just because it's Rimi.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by onyeokwuak(f): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
It might not be far from the truth if i say that the 15 suspects might be 15 innocent people who are ignorant of such.Or they could be 15 suspects of other crimes committed elswhere paraded by police as suspect of the case in question so as to play to the Gallery. ''Nigerian Police, Den of highest level of corruption'' . I have always said that unless Nigerian police do the right, thing, democracy in Nigeri cannot strive.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by chidichris(m): 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Chidichris, if there was negligence @ d hospital, why not call 4 d arrest of d Medical Director or the Doc on duty, or who is directly responsible instead of lashin out @ govt as though govt were an individual.

@marvix,
what u read under my id was what i had to contribute but if that is not comfortable with u, u can use the same road rimi used.
is it new that medical facilities in nigeria are as sick as patients in critical conditions.
a report attached to the driver of the late rimi had it that there was no strecther to carry his matser when they get to the hospital.
some deaths here are avoidable and rimi was part of the system(govt) that refused to provide these facilities when they had the opportunity to do so with the intention of flying to saudi arabia and germany whenever headache strucks but what a day?
the real killers of rimi from that report is the govt that has refused to make medical fecilities available to the ppl hence the need for govt to be arrested for neglegence.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by afanda(m): 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
I hope d Police solve this one!
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by ireneann: 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2010
15 innocent Nigerians who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time lipsrsealed

were there no checkpoints on the road that Rimi was robbed? or maybe the police had info that the robbers will operate and therefore made themselves scarce
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Mcaudrey: 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
Yes, thats all they are good at- making arrests.
Arresting innocent citizens who were probably walking by or sitting in front of their house.
The police is your friend in deed

quote author=ireneann link=topic=427583.msg5859585#msg5859585 date=1270813005]
15 innocent Nigerians who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time lipsrsealed

were there no checkpoints on the road that Rimi was robbed? or maybe the police had info that the robbers will operate and therefore made themselves scarce
[quote][/quote]

You are right my brother, who doesn't know the Nigerian police.
When PHC was still hot and some guys were shooting at Rumuola, the police guys around abandoned their hilux and ran with me into the Rumuola Nepa office, imagine that
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by seguntijan(m): 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
Some politicians travelling on a bus had an accident on a deserted field, the owner of d field gave them a mass burial afterwards.During investigation the man was asked if he checked for any survivals b4 burying the victims and he replied, You know all this politicians now, some of them actually said they were alive but I thought they were lying.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by nomoreface: 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2010
leahdee:

Na wah for Nigeria oh!I really tire dem, today Lagos, tomorrow Jos, after Kano, really shame for this kind acts and afraid to be a citizen.
Am really proud to be a Cameroonian, rare to find cases like dis.
   All the same, we keep on praying for this nation, we are all Africans and above all, human beings.
         God will help us, Peace to Kano cry cry cry shocked shocked sad sad

What do you mean?

",  today Lagos, tomorrow Jos, after Kano, really shame for this kind acts , "

are you trying to say there are no robbery cases in Cameroon? You are afraid to be a citizen? Then go back to Cameroon where u have one loon ruling since 1982.
in case you don't know I AM VERY VERY PROUD THAT I"M A NIGERIAN!
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
I laff makossally
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by azorjiu(m): 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2010
Didn't this happen last year?

Police in Nigeria are holding a goat on suspicion of attempted armed robbery.

Vigilantes seized the black and white goat, saying it was an armed robber who had used black magic to transform himself into an animal to escape after trying to steal a Mazda 323.

'The group of vigilante men came to report that while they were on patrol they saw some hoodlums attempting to rob a car. They pursued them.

'However one of them escaped while the other turned into a goat,'  Kwara state police spokesman Tunde Mohammed said.
'We cannot confirm the story, but the goat is in our custody.

'We cannot base our information on something mystical. It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat,' he said.
Belief in witchcraft is widespread in parts of Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation.
Residents came to the police station to see the goat, photographed in one national newspaper on its knees next to a pile of straw.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1127012/Police-arrest-goat-accused-armed-robbery.html

Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by marvix(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
@chidichris ok go ahead nd arrest d govt nd pls charge dem 2 court within 24hrs, and d offence is negligence so its bailable. Mayb we rily shld ask who is govt, then we can go ahead and arrest him/her.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by sley4life(m): 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2010
our police officers are not doing their job. They are lazy axxxx
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
sley4life:

our police officers are not doing their job. They are lazy axxxx

How do u expect someone that is hungry and carrying fake weapons compared to what criminals are using to be able to act and do something.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by dickson5: 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2010

learnt the wife was assassinated some years back, suspects were arrested , interrogated and released.so what else is new in Nigeria where the price of one's life cost averagely 20kobo cry
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
dickson5:

learnt the wife was assassinated some years back, suspects were arrested , interrogated and released.so what else is new in Nigeria where the price of one's life cost averagely 20kobo cry

It is the cost of playing politics, but they need to do more to get all the criminals that are doing this stuff.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by AroOkigbo(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
15 "poor" suspects in the hands of NIGERIAN POLICE. They will surely accept they killed Rimi. It happened to the rat, after passing thru NP brutality, accepted it was a rabbit!
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2010
Aro Okigbo:

15 "poor" suspects in the hands of NIGERIAN POLICE. They will surely accept they killed Rimi. It happened to the rat, after passing thru NP brutality, accepted it was a rabbit!

Nigerian style
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by maskuraid(m): 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2010
niegrian police go everly arrest somebodi when put under pressure.whats debatable is if they are the real criminals.NPF too gbasky joo,just arrest sombodi sharp sharp arrange weapons for dem side and force them to 'confess'.

CASE CLOSED!
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^ Yes oh
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Kennyblues(m): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
what do you expect from men in black, how would they be appraised if no arrest was made, LOL
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by TewMuch: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Since the police are being all investigative, what about the killers of Bola Ige and Dele Giwa? So many murders unsolved. Because it doesnt have to do with the political madness or god father's they are so quick to find the criminals. I didnt know they were this capable. Now they should investigate further and bring assasinator and their sponsors to book. angry
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2010
TewMuch:

Since the police are being all investigative, what about the killers of Bola Ige and Dele Giwa? So many murders unsolved. Because it doesnt have to do with the political madness or god father's they are so quick to find the criminals. I didnt know they were this capable. Now they should investigate further and bring assasinator and their sponsors to book. angry

Do u actually blv that the killers are the arrested folks?
Then, you would blv anything
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by sulad82i(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
Those police pple sometimes jump into conclusion. I've seen a situation when one guy beat a police man in Ikorodu. His other members came back to the area and beat the hell out of everybody in the area. They target male guys and even take some to jail.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by Fhemmmy: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2010
sulad82i:

Those police pple sometimes jump into conclusion. I've seen a situation when one guy beat a police man in Ikorodu. His other members came back to the area and beat the hell out of everybody in the area. They target male guys and even take some to jail.

That is cos they are in uniform and cos they have the guns with them, tell them to drop the weapon and fight like a man, they will run like a man chased by a ghost
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by mamagee3(f): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
That's good news, now they should look deeper into the case to make sure they have the right killers. . .
and then proceed to take them to the court of law to face justice.
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by bobokelly(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
useless police, they would arrest an Innocent , as a suspects, idiot police
Re: Police Arrest 15 Over Rimi’s Death by ichommy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2010
NIGERIA POLICE I cry cry cry cry cry cry FOR THEM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawmaker Defects To Buhari’s New Party ! / Election Violence: Open Letters To President Jonathan And General Buhari / 8 Serious Mistakes That President Buhari Has Made So Far In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.