Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

‘iya Awon Boys!’ A Moral Narration by Taiwo Oladimeji Balogun (biadefola.com.ng) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ‘iya Awon Boys!’ A Moral Narration by Taiwo Oladimeji Balogun (biadefola.com.ng) (821 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘iya Awon Boys!’ A Moral Narration by Taiwo Oladimeji Balogun (biadefola.com.ng) by BiadeFolar(m): 2:47am On Jan 09, 2018
I can barely remember exactly my age when my mum narrated how our room was unsuccessfully burgled one thick dark night.
Certainly, it was an aged story: I was at phallic stage when it happened and had a retell of it as I grow older. But the moral lesson remains a profound one.
She had a roadside shop which availed her to serve as kitchen to many drivers, workers, and students who plied the bustling area. She would leave home before the first cock crows; surely before the enviro is greeted with the piercing early routine call-to-prayer announcement – a marker of Southwest everyday life. But not until my twin brother and I had been bathed by her.
Drivers sought credit from her many times; for free meal while in few times paid less than their bills. This uncommonly privileges not only make her to have a huge customer base, but to be famous among the drivers with the unceremonious title of ‘Iya Awon Boys’ (Mother of all boys).
The street is often so blessed with many characters which include questionable, shady persons. Like many other characters, they engaged in all activities; and got the big heart of my mum as she couldn’t distinguish the wolves from the sheep. After thought, I’m pleased with her ignorance that rewards.
The wooden double window with rotting barbwire was all that shielded the room from reach from outside; the bed was close to the window. Her rationale for mounting the bed nearer to window was to breathe the oxygen before it was corrupted.
A cracking sound was noticed by the window; she took a while for her to know that she had night visitor(s). Her voice succeeded when her body failed. The trembling pitch that the voice produced only saved us, not the next neighbour who was unhinderedly robbed.
She woke up, prepared the foods and dash off to her shop as if nothing trembling as manifested. She could substitute her awaiting customer appetites, and ultimately her expectant profit, for fear that gripped her some hours ago.
She nearly never served a fourth meal request, when she was approached by unsuspecting man who greeted, briefly apologized for disturbing her sleep, as he plainly said: ‘Your room wasn’t our target, neither did we knew you reside there (in the building).
He left shouting, ‘Iya Awon Boys’ with energetic and compelling voice suspected to had been amplified and corrosived by frequent intake of hard substance – marijuana might be a prime suspect.
His face wasn’t bright to be seen and/or remembered, but reason that deterred him was registered for consolidation.
Re: ‘iya Awon Boys!’ A Moral Narration by Taiwo Oladimeji Balogun (biadefola.com.ng) by Uthman2senior: 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please I use God beg you, where can I get the completed Nabeelah story?
Re: ‘iya Awon Boys!’ A Moral Narration by Taiwo Oladimeji Balogun (biadefola.com.ng) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2018
Uthman2senior:
Please I use God beg you, where can I get the completed Nabeelah story?

Sir, you have to follow it bit by bit... I'm promoting my blog with the stories I drop here.
To follow Nabeelah check www.biadefola.com.ng update drops except on weekends. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Indomie Heroes Of Nigeria, 2019 Edition / A New Love Story (18+) / OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir pt. 2 (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.