Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC (14380 Views)

“Only 25 Varsities Have All Full Courses Accreditation,” Says NUC [See List] / Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Universities says NUC / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by Timekeeper: 5:28am On Jan 09, 2018
Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission ( NUC ), Prof. Adamu Abubakar Abdulrasheed on Monday said that reports showing ratings of universities in Nigeria by NUC are fake.
Abdulrasheed said that NUC had not conducted no such exercise for many years now .
The NUC boss stated this while fielding questions from journalists after 2018 budget defence session with the senate committee on Tertiary Education and TETFUND .
He said that NUC has just constituted a high powered committee headed by the erstwhile Executive Secretary, Professor Peter Okebukola to advise the Commission on the ranking of Nigeria universities.
He noted that a group of people would use social media to publish fake ‘ranking of Nigerian Universities.
He said, “The NUC has constituted a high powered committee to reposition Nigerian Universities.’
“They include prominent academics to help produce good, quality post graduate studies.”
“The Committee which is chaired by former Executive Secretary, Professor Peter Okebukola will help to review our curriculum for Nigeria Universities.’
“NUC has not ranked any University for several years. The Committee will advise us on ranking of Universities because we have not done that for several years”, he explained .
He added that the NUC has drafted a document that will reduce academic period for PhDs to a minimum of three years.
He also disclosed that Universities in Nigeria were being positioned to ensure that PhD holders would be retained after graduation, saying, other African Universities have expressed their readiness to cooperate with Nigeria.

http://thenationonlineng.net/university-ratings-years-fake-says-nuc/amp/

3 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 09, 2018
I knew it cos the so-called rankings had high variance and standard deviations.

Why we thrive in publishing false information is what I can't grab.

Federal universities rock anyhow Sha...

12 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by simplemach(m): 7:11am On Jan 09, 2018
The only thing I believe in this country now is the one that happen in my presence.

Jeez, lies everywhere......

I won't be surprised to wake up one day and be told that the sun that has been shining for the past two years is fake

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 09, 2018
Oya, give us the original rating and not Buhari Rating.

I think it's better NUC posts the ratings and it's basis on their official website either monthly or quarterly

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by ebujany(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2018
So all this 1st position the conheads have been dragging has been fake......

Conheads and dragging

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by veacea: 7:12am On Jan 09, 2018
Na wa ooooooo
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by Libkid(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2018
there was a country.lies everywhere!
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by Chivasex: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
Is there anything in Nigeria that isn't really fake, even including this present government

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
How does that concern university graduates? We don't give a bleep about the ratings.. na ratings go make guys get job after graduation. Whole lot of BS.

3 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by AntiWailer: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
Useless people.
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by otabuko(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
Probitas Doctrina please

2 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by FerrytimCharis: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
So if they have not been ranking. Who is?
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by cutestphysically(f): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
Everything about Nigeria is fake. Even the air we breathe.
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by samijay8(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
And some had already shouted over the fake rating
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by nairaman66(m): 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
Nigeria is useless to the core! The garbage in this country is too much!!
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by bqlekan(m): 7:14am On Jan 09, 2018
Tooor! Na now them know? They will soon tell us our certificates are fake and all we've been thought don't exist.

1 Like

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by SalamRushdie: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2018
Nigerian Federal and state universities are not universities but rather compounds for producing half baked graduates and at most times derail their destinies instead of helping to build it.

1 Like

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by darling4real1: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2018
We dont need to be told!!!! Just start ranking them now

1 Like

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by BruncleZuma: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by thefunclubenterprise(m): 7:15am On Jan 09, 2018
Always knew they were fake, crafted by one idiot in his cubicle using an outdated PC with I better pass my neighbour generator. tongue

And we were killing ourselves arguing and using them as defence in those good old university days.
I remember when uniben was ranked first my friends in other schools had it hot from me, especially UI. My defence went down when uniben became 7th one time, and from that day it was fake to me (don't call me bias) grin

9 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by eshietIntrepid(m): 7:17am On Jan 09, 2018
Then do come up with the real NUC rating if not the fake ones will keep coming up. Most of the illegal activities is make possible owing to govt dullness.

NUC has not conducted universities rating for years now ,yet! you people kept quiet for this long.

1 Like

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:17am On Jan 09, 2018
Imagine covenant university being rated more than many prestigious universities.
If only these peddlers know how these things are done, they will know that it will take covenant and co many years of doing the right things to get to that.

UNN has never gone below the third position yet I kept seeing 7th from these fools.
Mumu dem gang

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by ebujany(m): 7:19am On Jan 09, 2018
grin

University of Ibadan Nairaland students will be like

2 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by darkid1(m): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Imagine covenant university being rated more than many prestigious universities.
If only these peddlers know how these things are done, they will know that it will take covenant and co many years of doing the right things to get to that.

UNN has never gone below the third position yet I kept seeing 7th from these fools.
Mumu dem gang

Not again.

You do know there is the webometric ranking every year right...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by triple996(m): 7:25am On Jan 09, 2018
Nawawoo
Dis country self
So all d rating r fake
Chaii!!! !!
And u r proud to say it
We r backward nt just as a country
Bt even psychologically
Nigeria needs to evolve

1 Share

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by talk2emma: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2018
This is laughable
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by uglyafonja: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2018
Afonjas and fake statistics....... I always know that all this statistics Afonjas are producing here are all fake...

Afonjas and fake statistics....... I always know that all this statistics Afonjas are producing here are all fake...

7 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by ajbabs(m): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2018
Whoa!
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by ipodstinks: 7:30am On Jan 09, 2018
ebujany:
So all this 1st position the conheads have been dragging has been fake......

Conheads and dragging
Dopemu

2 Likes

Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 09, 2018
angryFuvk Buhari, fuvk Nigeria education system, bleep Nigeria as a whole angryFuvk Buhari, fuvk Nigeria education system, bleep Nigeria as a whole
Re: University Ratings Over The Years Are Fake, Says NUC by ipodstinks: 7:36am On Jan 09, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Nigerian Federal and state universities are not universities but rather compounds for producing half baked graduates and at most times derail their destinies instead of helping to build it.
All these private university student sha. So you that is full baked, you no get shame and you keep posting on half baked public school site. Go sit down one side.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Covenant University Stipulates Negative Test To Pregnancy, Hiv As Precondition / Top Five Reasons Why Students Miss Out Of Scholarship Opportunities / 100 Best Secondary Schools In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.