Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money (55294 Views)

Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Nigerian Man Without Legs Works As Driver (video) / Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by BumbleBee2ice(f): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2018
mmsen:
He's a solicitor, not a doctor.

Learn to read OP.

And this is not thread worthy.
It will be very healthy 4 u if u take strongly to your own advice of learning to read well undecided

U see ursef tongue

6 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by blackbeau1(f): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
You'd hardly find part time menial jobs here. Plus in Nigeria, our mentality is that menial jobs aren't meant for the educated . As an educated person , if you engage in menial jobs, the kind of insult you'll receive sha.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by OlowoB(m): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
At least he'll learn to prepare intercontinental dishes and might find passion in being a chef later...

He is a kitchen assistant, he washes plates and cleans the kitchen. He does not cook food.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
It's well
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Pringlez: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
Egein:
OP says the guy is doctor, the guy himself says he's a lawyer who did odd jobs during his LLM.
OP, why are you confused?

You should rather stop confusing yourself & others and learn to read better too. This is 2018!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by OlowoB(m): 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2018
proudly9ja:
Only temporary. Probably earns minimum wage - £7.20/hour. Once he's done with studies and able to practise, all the past will be part of his story

Minimum wage is 7.5 now
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by baddosky1: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
If he comes back home and starts building a mansion in his village, the children of the fallen angel Odudulucifer will say he is into drugs! The same UK that their kinsmen perpetrate scams like Health Insurance Scam, Housing Insurance scam, Credit Card Phishing, Fake marriage scam etc.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
OlowoB:

He is a kitchen assistant, he washes plates and cleans the kitchen. He does not cook food.
See as dem package the position...
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
To a hustler, no shame in a legal job even if it's being a cleaner, it's just another stream of getting that paper.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by stagger: 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Egein:
OP says the guy is doctor, the guy himself says he's a lawyer who did odd jobs during his LLM.
OP, why are you confused?

You are the one who is confused or just cannot read.

OP is talking about Obinna Ebirim(a doctor), and someone called Nkesi Okandu replied to the story by saying that she is a solicitor and did something similar. Why are you confusing both? Learn to read fine print. It will help you.

9 Likes

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by tonytony208(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
dainformant:
A Nigerian Medical Doctor and Public Health Enthusiast, Obinna Ebirim, has revealed how he has taken a part-time job as a kitchen assistant in the United Kingdom just to make some extra bucks. According to the former personal Assistant to Commissioner of Health in Imo state, he did this despite his qualification because he is yet to practice his profession in the UK as he's currently doing his Master's programme at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland...

Below is what the University Of Port-Harcourt graduate shared on his social media page;

The picture & story they won’t share on #SocialMedia about studying in the U.K.: If you are unqualified to practice your profession here or not on scholarship like me, then you might have to take up a Part time Kitchen Assistant job intermittently, like I did today, to add some extra quid to your pocket.

The funniest part of the job today, was when the boss in the kitchen consulted me to explain why you don’t take antibiotics for common cold (although it’s not a common cold here like in Nigeria). After I moved the stuff on the viral pathology, he asked me, “boy what are you doing here” and I answered, “I’m not licensed to practice medicine in the U.K.”. #DignityOfLabour #Humble #BeingReal..

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/nigerian-doctor-reveals-what-he-does-to-make-extra-cash-in-the-uk.html

Looks like bloffers are also blind these days. Is it a doctor or lawyer?
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
sexbomb:
Since when Lawyer turn doctor
It’s too early in 2018 for confusion
Dat's another commenter and she talked of been a cleaner not a kitchen assistant
Look closely @ dat dp dats a female pic
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
smiley
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by thunderbabs: 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
Buhari, u see ur lyf outside... Mama Shirley give him license now, he go match brake for dia ni... Doctors earn very well dia unlike buhari's state... Mtchewww

Una go con dey shout brain drain for AIT and Channelstv... If i hear pekem on brain drain again ehn
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
stagger:

You are the one who is confused or just cannot read.

OP is talking about Obinna Ebirim(a doctor), and someone called Nkesi Okandu replied that she is a solicitor. Why are you confusing both?
Honestly I don tire explaining embarassed

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by mustafa006: 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
wait. is he wearing a white nylon back is the first pic
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by greenprince(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
BumbleBee2ice:

Honestly I don tire explaining embarassed

And they all sounded sure and convincing like they really knew what they read. grin
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by BanevsJoker(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
thunderbabs:
Buhari, u see ur lyf outside... Mama Shirley give him license now, he go match brake for dia ni... Doctors earn very well dia unlike buhari's state... Mtchewww

Una go con dey shout brain drain for AIT and Channelstv... If i hear pekem on brain drain again ehn
I'm sure you're Yoruba. Your accent made you confuse Charlie for Shirley. Mama Charlie, Mama Prince Charles. Lol.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by thunderbabs: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
BanevsJoker:

I'm sure you're Yoruba. Your accent made you confuse Charlie for Shirley. Mama Charlie, Mama Prince Charles. Lol.

Woreva!!! D fact is you xstood me. Dtz most important.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Abhiolar(f): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
uzoclinton:
cool.... He's my brother... Proud Igbo boy
Association Of Flat Headed Cocain Dealer Group Of Company.. Igbo No Get Future
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by nemynely(m): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
Keeping it real bro. Your hustle will soon pay off. I admire your humility and frankness.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
greenprince:

And they all sounded sure and convincing like they really knew what they read. grin
Some pple sef undecided
I'm sure most didn't read dat long epistle, they probably read d topic then jumped on the solicitor's part so they concluded dat d Op is d confused one cheesy
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by safarigirl(f): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
mmsen:

Learn to read OP.

take your own advise

He is a doctor. If you read the body of the write-up, you would see where he mentioned that his boss asked about antibiotics

The solicitor guy in the image was just some random commenter corroborating his story.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by nemynely(m): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
mmsen:

Learn to read OP.

And you sincerely think "viral pathology" stuff is more related to law than to medicine. Too early in the day to be high on rum.
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by nextstep(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
abdeiz:
You're a doctor in the UK, what do you need extra cash for?

He isn't licensed yet, so he can't work as a doctor. He can do other kinds of jobs that don't require a license until he completes his further study, applies to practice, and is approved.

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by phineas: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
This young man is not very wise.I have observed his activities on social media for some time now (you can't help but notice him) I have noticed he is unguarded in his utterances and what he reveals.this is another example

This is not wise for many reasons the first been he has lowered his career worth at negotiations with this simple post.

1.Why should I pay you so much when you were clearly struggling to survive last year,or give you a high position your salary history must not be that high

2.The first thing I see when I Google your name as my potential staff is this picture and image.thats not good for any brand

3.This is what is called demystifying oneself publicly.

You only put up such posts after you have been established in the industry and known for excellence not before

but like I said young man unguarded in his public comportment

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Burgerlomo: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
Thumbs up 4 you jawe Obinna don't mind the pretends cool
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by nextstep(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
phineas:

1.Why should I pay you so much when you were clearly struggling to survive last year,or give you a high position your salary history must not be that high.

"Because I wasn't licensed to practice medicine last year while I was completing my studies. Now I'm fully qualified, and also have years of experience in medicine and in public policy. I also observed things during my stint in the food service industry that will inform how I can help improve health and sanitation awareness in that sector".

How do you like that? I try shay? grin

But I agree with your post on keeping a low profile...
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by phineas: 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
nextstep:

"Because I wasn't licensed to practice medicine last year while I was completing my studies. Now I'm fully qualified, and also have years of experience in medicine and in public policy. I also observed things during my stint in the food service industry that will inform how I can help improve health and sanitation awareness in that sector".

How do you like that? I try shay? grin

But I agree with your post on keeping a low profile...

unfortunately people rarely get the platform to defend themselves against first impressions.Other candidates more professional and deemed ready for the position will be contacted instead

Eventually he or she will get team lead after time and effort speaks clearly but this post is an example of impressions that can delay the process
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by boyjo: 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
Would you be willing to work as a cleaner in Nigeria?
Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Nukilia: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
Amarabae:
A doctor trained and educated in Europe are different from the ones we have here.
They are miles ahead due to the educational system and government supported field for practice.
Even their professionalism are top notch.
So a Nigerian medical graduate should not think that he /she will go there and fit in immediately.

Tell me more grin I think we have the best med grads here undecided

1 Like

Re: Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money by Amarabae(f): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
Nukilia:

Tell me more grin I think we have the best med grads here undecided
best?
Lol don't make me laugh please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Little Boy Working As A Mason At A Building Site (Photos) / Police Summon Officer Carrying Female VIP's Food In A Viral Video / Pictures Of Tonia Somaga (Lagos State Blue Line Train Driver)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.