Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

Can An Igbo Catholic Man Weds In Bride's ( Yoruba) Pentecostal Church? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can An Igbo Catholic Man Weds In Bride's ( Yoruba) Pentecostal Church? (610 Views)

Nigerian Activist Reacts As Teenage Couple Weds In Benue (Photos) / Lady In Wheelchair Weds In Abuja. Her Bridal Train Also In Wheelchairs (Photos) / Man Weds Tall Lady That Turned Him Down 7yrs Ago Because Of His Height (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can An Igbo Catholic Man Weds In Bride's ( Yoruba) Pentecostal Church? by MYSELF2018: 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
Good afternoon to you all, Please I need your advice.
I love everything about this guy and it is almost leading to the altar but a problem is about separating us. My Man is an Igbo man and a Roman Catholic, I am a Yoruba lady attending a pentecostal church. My Man is saying that he can't go to other church for his wedding and it must be in his catholic catholic church, He says their tradition in Igbo land forbid them from doing wedding in the brides church, whereas Yoruba tradition says that the wedding must hold in my Father's church not the groom's church as to give honour to my parents.
My man also said that he won't be recognized as a Catholic if he should go and do his wedding in pentecostal church. I have been having mixed feelings ever since this issue started. Please I need your input and advice.
Thanks
Re: Can An Igbo Catholic Man Weds In Bride's ( Yoruba) Pentecostal Church? by Kimcutie: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
The Bible says "A man must leave his father and mother and join his wife and both of them shall become one flesh"

The wedding should hold in the man's church, after all catholic weddings is more civilized.
Re: Can An Igbo Catholic Man Weds In Bride's ( Yoruba) Pentecostal Church? by elgramz: 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
E no concern me
Re: Can An Igbo Catholic Man Weds In Bride's ( Yoruba) Pentecostal Church? by Squirrel01: 9:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
Respect his decision.

(1) (Reply)

OMG: See What A Romancelander Was Caught Doing! / “after Prayers, I Would Masturbate & Watch Blue Film” — Kenyan Church Leader / Maths Teacher Weds His 17 Year Old Blood Sister In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.