Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism (1437 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / What Does Islam Say About Atheism? (part 1) / The Truth About Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2018
Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/isaac_newton_753054

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by JesusPeople: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2018
A fool says . . .
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2018
Who cares about what he has to say about atheism not all inventors are atheists.
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by HeyCorleone(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2018
The reason there'd continue to be atheists is because any sane mind can read that Christianity, most of it, is nothing more than men enslaving the minds of the people for their own benefits.

Freeze just started the #FreeTheSheeple thing. We're criticizing him. He's pointing out defects in the Church. We're calling him the Antichrist. He's only trying to free our minds.

And another thing is Christianity is conflicting. There is more disagreements among denominations than agreements. If it's truly one God we serve, why all these many doctrines and beliefs?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by tartar9(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2018
How about what Isaac Newton has to say about the philosophers stone grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by hakeem4(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:
A fool says . . .
there is a god
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Uyi168: 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
tartar9:
How about what Isaac Newton has to say about the philosophers stone grin
..lol

1 Like

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
Only deluded ppl think dey are smart by being atheists.. End time children grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by An2elect2(f): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
Statsocial:
Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance.

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/isaac_newton_753054

Lalasticlala
False practice of Christianity gives rise to atheism. And the last time I checked you are a strong defender of false teachers, false hope and thievery in Christianity. I'd rather that people are atheists than shameless idolaters who have exchanged the Glory of God for cheap material gains.

You do more harm to Christianity than millions of atheists. Don't be afraid of what you have created. The only difference btw a false Christian and an atheist is that the atheist is more likely to retain common sense a bit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
An2elect2:
False practice of Christianity gives rise to atheism. And the last time I checked you are a strong defender false teachers, false hope and thievery in Christianity. I'd rather that people are atheists than shameless idolaters who have exchanged the Glory of God for cheap material gains.

You do more harm to Christianity than millions of atheists. Don't be afraid of what you have created. The only difference btw a false Christian and an atheist is that the atheist is more likely to retain common sense a bit.
atheism is a product of man's depravity. Even before the advent of Christianity atheism has been in existence. King David referred to atheists in the book of Psalms as fools who av said there is no God...
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
atheism is a product of man's depravity. Even before the advent of Christianity atheism has been in existence. King David referred to atheists in the book of Psalms as fools who av said there is no God...

Is man really totally depraved?
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by An2elect2(f): 1:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
Psalm 14:1 Nope I use to think David was referring to atheists. David was referring to hypocrites who say there is God but live as though there is none...that's why the fool says it in his heart and not in the open. In the open he acts as "righteous" as everyone but in the secret chambers of his heart, he has no fear or thought of God. He does whatever he likes, interprets everything to his interest because "God does not matter" . In other words the right interpretation of that perfectly fits the false Christians and Pastors.

Atheists were false believers who got tired of the whole charade.

2 Likes

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by hakeem4(m): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
atheism is a product of man's depravity. Even before the advent of Christianity atheism has been in existence. King David referred to atheists in the book of Psalms as fools who av said there is God...
corrected

a man is born as an atheist until his society start telling him about god
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by DangotePikin: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
Posts like this will never make front page. Nairaland is an Atheist forum.

1 Like

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Is man really totally depraved?
a man without the knowledge of God is totally depraved..
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
An2elect2:
Psalm 14:1 Nope I use to think David was referring to atheists. David was referring to hypocrites who say there is God but live as though there is none...that's why the fool says it in his heart and not in the open. In the open he acts as "righteous" as everyone but in the secret chambers of his heart, he has no fear or thought of God. He does whatever he likes, interprets everything to his interest because "God does not matter" . In other words the right interpretation of that perfectly fits the false Christians and Pastors.

Atheists were false believers who got tired of the whole charade.
nope.. Atheist are simply those who do not believe that their is God as opposed to Theist.. Even an idolater is not an Atheist cos he believes there is a God somewhere.

If a man says deep in his heart dat there is no God but acts as though he is religious, dat man is still an Atheist.. It takes d inner conviction in d existence of God to be a Theist
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
An2elect2:
False practice of Christianity gives rise to atheism. And the last time I checked you are a strong defender of false teachers, false hope and thievery in Christianity. I'd rather that people are atheists than shameless idolaters who have exchanged the Glory of God for cheap material gains.

Christianity is a call to follow Jesus and not Christians. You can't claim before God that you chose Atheism because one Christian somewhere derailed you and expect that to be legitimate. I have been offended and have seen hypocrisy in Christian Circles and I may turn my back against that fellowship but I won't turn my back against Jesus.

Paul and the early church faced all sorts of challenges even from fellow Christians but that was no reason to turn their backs on them.
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by urahara(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:
A fool says . . .

.......there is no flying spaghetti monster
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by danvon(m): 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
nope.. Atheist are simply those who do not believe that their is God as opposed to Theist.. Even an idolater is not an Atheist cos he believes there is a God somewhere.

If a man says deep in his heart dat there is no God but acts as though he is religious, dat man is still an Atheist.. It takes d inner conviction in d existence of God to be a Theist
You've heard the saying "action speak louder than words".if he acts like a theist he is a theist
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
hakeem4:
corrected

a man is born as an atheist until his society start telling him about god
A man is born as non Muslim, non christian, non Buddhist until his society teaches him about that religion. But don't confuse non religiosity for atheism- It takes society to find religion not theism.

Believe me even Atheism is taught-when a child ask who made the world and you tell him no one-then you have taught him Atheism. It would take actual research to show what a Child born without Atheist or Theist influence would grow into. But I believe the moment a child gains self consciousness and begins to question how nature came to be-how come he has a pen!s and a woman a vag!na, how nature seems so interconnected and organized even though complex he may very well by himself believe that there is an invisible force(Theism) which controls nature or fall into Agnosticism.

Cc Salvation101
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
You've heard the saying "action speak louder than words".if he acts like a theist he is a theist
still not true... So if i act like an American, does dat make me an American? Society may constrain a man to act as who he is not.. There are atheists in Islamic countries who just av to blend with society. Same way there are alot of ppl born into religious homes who had to pretend to be who dey were not..
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by danvon(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
still not true... So if i act like an American, does dat make me an American? Society may constrain a man to act as who he is not.. There are atheists in Islamic countries who just av to blend with society. Same way there are alot of ppl born into religious homes who had to pretend to be who dey were not..
what's the point of pretending? how will people know you're an atheis? how will it change the confused deluded theist? Will the Muslims be where they are today if they pretended in order to blend? Honestly action speaks louder than words if atheist act like theist then they shouldn't bother complaining about religion, it's hypocrisy
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
what's the point of pretending? how will people know you're an atheis? how will it change the confused deluded theist? Will the Muslims be where they are today if they pretended in order to blend? Honestly action speaks louder than words if atheist act like theist then they shouldn't bother complaining about religion, it's hypocrisy
how many people do u see owning up to being Lgbt in our society? Dey are who dey are but try to blend into society except d society itself gives dem d avenue to express their personality freely.. Don't be surprised dat many nairaland atheists are from very strong religious homes and dey are totally seen differently offline dan d way we see them here
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by An2elect2(f): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:

Whatever terminologies you use. David was not referring to our common atheists, he was referring to hypocrites. If you want to call them atheists at heart but theist in profession, it still doesn't change the fact that David was referring to false believers who say they are for God but have no place for Him in their hearts
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by An2elect2(f): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2018
Statsocial:

Christianity is a call to follow Jesus and not Christians. You can't claim before God that you chose Atheism because one Christian somewhere derailed you and expect that to be legitimate. I have been offended and have seen hypocrisy in Christian Circles and I may turn my back against that fellowship but I won't turn my back against Jesus.

Paul and the early church faced all sorts of challenges even from fellow Christians but that was no reason to turn their backs on them.

Atheists were not born so. They started off as false believers like many of the people you defend. Some were even "Pastors" and "teachers" before they got tired of the whole thing. Their faith was built on false hope and promises. They had simple mental faith but not saving faith. It was just a matter of time. Can't you see that it is very easy to abandon Christianity in this age because of all the errors that have piled up because you defenders of wolves would descend on anyone that dared to question errors and false gospels. It was because of people like you that lies thrived. No one was suppose to call out errors or strange doctrines or behaviours. We were supposed to live it to God even when the Bible said we should judge righteously.

Today instead of pastors who would guide the flock, we have wolves fleecing the sheep.

Instead of the gospel of the cross that saves men we have false gospels based on merit and prosperity. Why won't people mock Christianity? Why won't atheists be everywhere? Your so called pastors were in a better position to preach the gospel that saves but they are busy robbing people of everything even their souls.

Atheists are not saved. They were lied to. Now they've turned against you.

You want them to come back as false Christians. What difference when they are doomed anyway like your jet flying pastor$$

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
An2elect2:
Atheists were not born so. They started off as false believers like many of the people you defend. Some were even "Pastors" and "teachers" before they got tired of the whole thing. Their faith was built on false hope and promises. They had simple mental faith but not saving faith. It was just a matter of time. Can't you see that it is very easy to abandon Christianity in this age because of all the errors that have piled up because you defenders of wolves would descend on anyone that dared to question errors and false gospels. It was because of people like you that lies thrived. No one was suppose to call out errors or strange doctrines or behaviours. We were supposed to live it to God even when the Bible said we should judge righteously.

Today instead of pastors who would guide the flock, we have wolves fleecing the sheep.

Instead of the gospel of the cross that saves men we have false gospels based on merit and prosperity. Why won't people mock Christianity? Why won't atheists be everywhere? Your so called pastors were in a better position to preach the gospel that saves but they are busy robbing people of everything even their souls.

You want them to come back as false Christians. What difference when they are doomed anyway like your jet flying pastor$$

hmm really tough...

God bless

1 Like

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by MuttleyLaff: 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
An2elect2 is bold
"Obirin bi Okunrin"
Taking no prisoners

1 Like

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
An2elect2:

I do not defend any false pastor.... Name any false pastor you think I defend and tell me why you think they are false pastors...
I've said it again and I would say it again, your faith is yours to contend with, you can't blame anyone for back sliding or falling out of faith. Despite many offense many Christians have stayed in faith so you can't use the fault of others as excuse for your faithlessness. If you don't like a particular church then go to the one you like.

There are catholics today who would never worship at a Pentecostal church and there are Pentecostals who wouldn't visit catholic either-they have their preferences and they stuck with it. If a Church grieves you then leave and stop whining and stop looking for someone to blame.

1 Like

Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by 4kings: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Isaac Newton was also wrong about theory of gravity... *just saying* lipsrsealed
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by adoyi8: 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
of course a man born in Europe in the middle ages will believe in God but I tell you it will be difficult to mention an English scientist today that is a theist.
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by hakeem4(m): 5:40am On Jan 11, 2018
Statsocial:

A man is born as non Muslim, non christian, non Buddhist until his society teaches him about that religion. But don't confuse non religiosity for atheism- It takes society to find religion not theism.

Believe me even Atheism is taught-when a child ask who made the world and you tell him no one-then you have taught him Atheism. It would take actual research to show what a Child born without Atheist or Theist influence would grow into. [s]But I believe the moment a child gains self consciousness and begins to question how nature came to be-how come he has a pen!s and a woman a vag!na, how nature seems so interconnected and organized even though complex he may very well by himself believe that there is an invisible force(Theism) which controls nature or fall into Agnosticism.[/s]

Cc Salvation101
. Let’s take this example, if you have a young child and you seclude him, when you bring him out and ask him How the world came about answer would be he doesn’t know until people around him now start putting their opinions into his mind
Re: What Sir Isaac Newton Has To Say About Atheism by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2018
hakeem4:
. Let’s take this example, if you have a young child and you seclude him, when you bring him out and ask him How the world came about answer would be he doesn’t know until people around him now start putting their opinions into his mind
Yes I said so... That is Agnosticism(skepticism or doubt about a deity) not Atheism. Nobody is really born an Atheist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous / No Better Than The Atheists. / Forgiveness After Immoral Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.