Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy (23166 Views)

Adele Finally Addresses Her Divorce From Simon Konecki With Savage Post / Oprah Winfrey Finally Addresses Her Mother's Death / "I Am Taken" - Caroline Danjuma Addresses Her Toasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by tiredoflife(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nonsense
She didn't reach out to the bride
Just designer and stylist
Make the woman sue her
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by IYANGBALI: 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
You see how borrow borrow take disgrace you for public

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by safarigirl(f): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
TheHistorian:
Did I just read "Lawyer"?
yea nah, in case tuw bride plans to join her in any law suit as a defendant, make she protect her head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Delightbaby(f): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nawa ooooo. Imaging what the bride must have gone through.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by edgeP(m): 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2018
Richardabbey:
undecided We Go Dash Dis Afonja To Igbo

Na Their Way Fit Her

Stealing And Embezzlement
ur head dey pain u? mercy no be afonja, ask ur ancestors dem go tell u, awon omo irankiran
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by ngwababe(f): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
edidiongmichael:
So are you returning the dress...yes or no?
She go don do am tey tey na,na her own before? lol
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Jaytecq(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
cescky:
angry

Shame on you...

After how many days..only to give out professional apology

Wev seen how wicked your heart is...you didn't show any remorse by going on a picture posting spree and kept numb..who knows perhaps you deserve the pummeling Oga gave you.

so its her fault?
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by alhajisocrates: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
metroblogger:
Actress ,Mercy Aigbe was embroiled in controversy over this red dress she wore for her 40th birthday shoot .

The dress was originally meant for a bride but the designer ended up giving it to Mercy and gave the bride another as a replacement.
Mercy wrote

I have followed events as they unfold following a particular dress I wore for a photoshoot. First, I must say that I sincerely sympathise with the bride as this situation is painful, unfortunate and regrettably avoidable. I hired and paid Seun @styledbyseun for the photoshoot as a stylist and got four dresses for the shoot. Seun and I were unaware that one of the dresses was meant for someone else. I am embarrassed that the designer was not professional enough in handling events leading to this moment. It is also painful that a bride is made to go through what the bride has been made to go through. I have reached out to both the stylist and designer (whom I have never met nor HIRED directly) to express my displeasure. I have instructed my lawyer to look into this and see how best to approach this from a legal point of view without festering an already open wound. Thanks.

http://www.metronaija.ng/mercy-aigbe-addresses-birthday-dress-controversy/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

THIS LADY JUST WON MY HEART.

YARINYA ARE YOU DIVORCED OR STILL SEFERATED BA?

IF DIBORCED FLEASE I WILL LIKE YOU TO B MY 3RD WIFE....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by cescky(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jaytecq:

so its her fault?

No Sir/Ma

But a show of timely remorse would have been very respectful and dignifying

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Jaytecq(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
tiredoflife:
Nonsense
She didn't reach out to the bride
Just designer and stylist
Make the woman sue her

sue her for wat?
did she stole the dress from her?

i do not see Mercy's fault in all this, the Designer shuld be d one to be sued

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Jaytecq(m): 12:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
cescky:

No Sir/Ma

But a show of timely remorse would have been very respectful and dignifying

yea... agreed,
but looking it from a Nigerian perspective, if she had responded wen the whole thing was on fire, A lot will say she cooked it up with the designer.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Richardabbey(m): 12:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
edgeP:
ur head dey pain u? mercy no be afonja, ask ur ancestors dem go tell u, awon omo irankiran
U Dey Craze , Weyrey
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by newoffer: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
U borrow someone's cloth n u wan end an with grammar.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by fatymore(f): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
She can't write that post.. Lols
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by agarawu23(m): 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Some ladies cant make do with the little things they have and this has been one of the problem with ladies. They are their own enemies.

Just to show the world and make other ladies start looking for that design, u went ahead to borrow a dress that's isn't yours despite your richies. Big shame embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by cescky(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jaytecq:

yea... agreed,
but looking it from a Nigerian perspective, if she had responded wen the whole thing was on fire, A lot will say she cooked it up with the designer.

My Brother you can't leave your life by what people said or Wil say...or less you will never live

Amongst all the options she had speaking up on time was the best option....and she ignored it...it little people that would have held her ransom for speaking up...it would have shown integrity and dignity, that am innocent ooo so I can boldly come out to say So....that being said I believe she colluded with the so called Tailor, because people have said it isn't her first time for such

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Uyeye(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
Response professionally scripted and absolves her of any blame!
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by sisisioge: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2018
Good publicity o, bad publicity o, all na publicity. Let's keep this baby in the limelight jare...her eyes don see tire grin grin
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
sorry mamah, its because ur money pass the bride own grin grin
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by showghan(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
Madam pack ur face joor

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Lipscomb(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
By the time you guys start paddle your canoe I pray time not pass then what concern you about someone dress? Its her life not your life for God sake? I'm not give damn about someone dress.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by pcicero(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
After all these explanations, I know some aproko people will still call her 'borrow pose'.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by mrajims(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Aunty mercy, the borrow pose celebrity. Must you borrow cloths upandan before u can show yourself? Why can your use the few you have in your wardrobe. fake life everywhere. Disgusting
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by totorimi: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
So that's how they get all this red carpet dresses they wear.

They hire people's clothes but this one went sour. They live fake lives trying to look larger than life.

If the bold bride had not exposed this one now nobody would have known that it's another person's clothes she and the tailor conspired together to use.

The bride should sue the stylist let whoever the stylist is come and tell the court what happened. I know they will be trying to settle her but she must use them as scape goats so never again will so called celebrity go a usurp another's clothes for publicity stunt.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by phemmyfour: 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2018
cescky:
angry

Shame on you...

After how many days..only to give out professional apology

Wev seen how wicked your heart is...you didn't show any remorse by going on a picture posting spree and kept numb..who knows perhaps you deserve the pummeling Oga gave you.

you lack understanding.... She didn't work with the fashion designer directly.

Abi you wan make I talk am for pidgin
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by phemmyfour: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jaytecq:

sue her for wat?
did she stole steal the dress from her?

i do not see Mercy's fault in all this, the Designer shuld be d one to be sued
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by newslifeop: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Harrynight(m): 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
so they actually do lives a fake lifestyle

borowed, hired dresses upandan
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Yommy247(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
TheHistorian:
Did I just read "Lawyer"?
Uhm uhm... it's loyal
Re: Mercy Aigbe Addresses Her Birthday Dress Controversy by Yommy247(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
DearPeople:
Dear Ladies,

Mercy Aigbe does not really have sense. This is not the time she is being dragged over fashion issues. Don't be like her angry
Dear Ladies

Dearpeople does not really have sense. This in not the first time he/she has been displaying his/her stupidity on public forums. Don't listen to his/her advice. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija's Mercy Eke Brags As Her Fans Surprise Her With Val Gifts / Girl Show Pictures Of Her B*O*O*B*S And Toto In Public / Yul Edochie Congratulates Governor Willie Obiano On His Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.