Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank (6567 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by whatalife: 6:57am On Apr 10, 2010
Sinners in Christ Embassy
•Steal millions of naira in church’s bank
By CHIOMA IGBOKWE
•Miriam and Mabel
• Photo: The Sun Publishing
Living index

Saturday, April 10, 2010
•Miriam and Mabel
Living index

The bid by Christ Embassy, one of the popular Pentecostal churches in the country, to help its members inculcate the culture of saving and thrift is now becoming a thing of sorrow, as sinful members of the church have done something that has turned the house of God into a den of thieves.

In a bid to be among those who testify in church over speedy progress, four members of the church engaged in fraudulent activities in the microfinance bank, popularly known as ‘Parralex,’ established in the church’s premises in Lagos. These bad eggs have systematically diverted over N60 million into two dedicated personal accounts and shared it among themselves.

The bubble, however, recently burst for them, as operatives of the Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, Lagos swooped on them. They are now cooling their heels in detention, awaiting trial. Among those arrested are Chinelo Ezeagwuna, Essien Mabel Ufonabasi, Keneyinboh Miriam Eneyi, Orie Nwakego Felicia and Bassey Bassey Charles.

On the facts of the case, Commissioner of Police, SFU, Moses Saba, told Saturday Sun that the suspects conspired and opened several accounts with the bank, using fake names. He said that the leader of the group, Chinelo, sold the idea to her colleagues, who joined.

According to the police chief, the fraudulent accounts bore the names, Akinsola Yinka and Akinsola Favour, which were used to divert about N60million. What the fraudsters did was to always debit the bank’s general ledger and transfer same sum of money to the various fraudulent accounts. This evil action started in 2008 and continued until last February when the fraud was uncovered, the CP said.
On how the fraud was detected, CP Moses stated that an external auditor was called in to audit the bank’s account and discovered that money was missing. He said that the suspects were confronted and they confessed to the crime.

When Saturday Sun spoke with the suspects, they showed remorse and revealed why they went into the evil act.

Chinelo on how it started
Chinelo, 21, told Saturday Sun that she wanted to be among those who cued into the prophecy of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. According to her, the pastor always talked about speedy prosperity propelled by making the use of available opportunities.

She said: “It’s all about prosperity, increase in speed. That is what Pastor Chris taught us in church. That is my own interpretation of what I did. My mind convinced me to toe that path, since I have been seeing all kinds of fraudulent people in the church, and know how they get rich. I thought that if actually they got rich through all these means, I could also get rich doing what I did.”
Chinelo explained that she got the inspiration through the fat accounts of their former Managing Director, Pastor Foluke.

According to her: “Our madam sent Miriam to check her balance, using the ATM machine. She came back and told me that she saw N4million each in two of her accounts. I wondered why my madam, whose salary is N62, 000 a month, should have such an amount in her account. I remembered that she had been telling me to transfer money from accounts. She also collected money from me when I was handling cash in the bulk unit, saying she was doing investment. I now realized what she had been doing with all the money she asked me to withdraw and give her. I never knew what it was all about, but when I checked I got answer. I told Miriam of my plans and she agreed.

“We opened accounts and transferred money into them and thereafter shared it among ourselves. When Mabel discovered what we were doing, I also advised her to join us or die as a pauper, since we were being paid N25,000 a month. She agreed and we continued withdrawing till the fraud was discovered.”

Chinelo, a Guidance and Counselling graduate, revealed that such fraud has been going on undetected because the bank is not well structured. Also, she said that none of the staff had banking experience.
The lady said: “The bank is not well-structured. They do not have any professional running the bank. We run the bank ourselves. Our madam, who is about 32 years, does not have any working experience.

We all started the bank together in November 2008. We were employed through a memo sent to our pastors that they needed hands at the bank. We did not go for any banking training. The madam of the bank does not know anything about banking. We read books to learn about banking.
“I got the job as a volunteer staff of Christ Embassy and my primary assignment was to work in the bank. By that time, we were not even given a licence by CBN to start running the bank. I have confessed and asked God to forgive me and I believe He has. My parents are aware, as they asked me to come and report myself and confess everything that I have done.”

Miriam’s story
Miriam, 24, who claimed to have repented from her sins, pleaded with Pastor Chris to forgive them. “I know that I am an embarrassment to the GO and he will be ashamed of me right now. I am begging God now for forgiveness and I know that I am wrong. Pastor Chris, wherever you are, if you are seeing me, I am sorry, but if we had everything in place in the bank, people wouldn’t have gone this far.”

Miriam, who is a Geography graduate, told Saturday Sun that when she saw the account of her boss she wondered where she got all that money.
She said: “I have been working with the microfinance bank since 2008 and cannot boast of N100, 000. When I checked the balance of my boss, my mind told me to do what to I did. I sold the idea to Chinelo. We opened two accounts and transferred money to them.

“It was the devil and greed that pushed me into this act. My family is not poor at all. I still blame myself; that is why I can come out boldly to confess what I did. I have admitted my wrong and I am suffering from it.”

Mabel’s bombshell
Mabel blamed Pastor Foluke for her involvement in the act. According to her, the former bank manager never treated her well.

She said: “I will blame Pastor Foluke, who never showed me love ever since I was transferred to the bank from the healing school. If she had been nice to me I would have reported to her when I noticed the loophole. Any little thing she would burst out and hit me. Part of the reason I did not tell her was that she was capable of roping me into that problem. I wasn’t part of the deal initially, but when I noticed it and confronted them, I had no choice but to join them, since they got the inspiration from Pastor Foluke

“If they are just discovering this, that means their financial reports had been faulty all along. Sometime CBN and auditors came. I don’t know what they audited if since they did not detect such little irregularities. The most pathetic situation is that I did not use the money for any particular investment. I have been with Christ Embassy for the past nine years. I am sorry because I have a conscience. I want to use this opportunity to tell Pastor Chris that we are sorry. We are his children and he remains our father. He should please find a place in his heart to forgive us.”

Felicia denies involvement
Felicia, the cashier in the bank, denied involvement in the act. She insisted that her boss, Foluke, included her name because she is an Igbo woman.
According to her, “I am not a staff of the bank. We are just there. For three years, there was no training, including for the MD. We are even more educated than her. We were the ones that taught her the job. I am not involved in the fraud. They just accused me because they felt that I am from another tribe. They just want to indict me. It is her sister, Moji, who opened the account and has been posting money for her. Moji admitted that she is the one. How can you open account without the necessary things, like identity card, signature?

“If the Madam Foluke claims that she knows nothing about this, then the report she is sending to CBN is not correct. How can she claim to be making profit of N100million while some of these things are happening in the bank? Any time CBN came, she would carry the cashbook and give Moji to hide. The auditor came and has been asking for the cashbook. She would be changing figures. They always bought new cashbooks for this. I am the one they send to submit the monthly report to CBN.”

Bassey gave the clincher
Bassey, a deacon in the church, got himself into trouble when he decided to heed the advice of a pastor in the church to withdraw money through a fraudulent account. The pastor told him that it was not a big deal, as the bank’s MD was involved.

Bassey said: “In one of the events at Oregun, I met one of my customers, who happened to be a pastor in the church. He saw me greeting Foluke and asked whether I knew her. I told him yes. Pastor Jude told me she was the MD of the bank and did all kinds of dubious business deal with her sister. He said that Foluke used to send the sister to collect money for her. There was a time she withdrew N20million and paid into her account.

“The only regret I have is that I have embarrassed Pastor Chris and the church of Christ. I feel so embarrassed, judging from my position in the church. I pray that the pastor will find a place in his heart to forgive me. Pastor Chris has a message that blesses people. It is just that people they have put in place to manage the church are not the right people. They are fraudsters.”
When contacted, one of the bank’s managers, who identified himself as Emmanuel, told Saturday Sun on phone that he was aware that such an incident happened but did not have the details.
“You need to talk to those in authority. I have heard of the incident, but I do not know the details. Most especially, I am not in the position to talk to the press,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/apr/10/living-10-04-2010-003.htm
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2010
First of all, which Mabel? Hope say no be our very own oh?
whatalife:

Sinners in Christ Embassy
•Steal millions of naira in church’s bank
By CHIOMA IGBOKWE
•Miriam and Mabel
Living index

Saturday, April 10, 2010
•Miriam and Mabel
Living index

The bid by Christ Embassy, one of the popular Pentecostal churches in the country, to help its members inculcate the culture of saving and thrift is now becoming a thing of sorrow, as sinful members of the church have done something that has turned the house of God into a den of thieves.

In a bid to be among those who testify in church over speedy progress, four members of the church engaged in fraudulent activities in the microfinance bank, popularly known as ‘Parralex,’ established in the church’s premises in Lagos. These bad eggs have systematically diverted over N60 million into two dedicated personal accounts and shared it among themselves.

The bubble, however, recently burst for them, as operatives of the Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, Lagos swooped on them. They are now cooling their heels in detention, awaiting trial. Among those arrested are Chinelo Ezeagwuna, Essien Mabel Ufonabasi, Keneyinboh Miriam Eneyi, Orie Nwakego Felicia and Bassey Bassey Charles.

On the facts of the case, Commissioner of Police, SFU, Moses Saba, told Saturday Sun that the suspects conspired and opened several accounts with the bank, using fake names. He said that the leader of the group, Chinelo, sold the idea to her colleagues, who joined.

According to the police chief, the fraudulent accounts bore the names, Akinsola Yinka and Akinsola Favour, which were used to divert about N60million. What the fraudsters did was to always debit the bank’s general ledger and transfer same sum of money to the various fraudulent accounts. This evil action started in 2008 and continued until last February when the fraud was uncovered, the CP said.
On how the fraud was detected, CP Moses stated that an external auditor was called in to audit the bank’s account and discovered that money was missing. He said that the suspects were confronted and they confessed to the crime.

When Saturday Sun spoke with the suspects, they showed remorse and revealed why they went into the evil act.

Chinelo on how it started
Chinelo, 21, told Saturday Sun that she wanted to be among those who cued into the prophecy of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. According to her, the pastor always talked about speedy prosperity propelled by making the use of available opportunities.

S[b]he said: “It’s all about prosperity, increase in speed. That is what Pastor Chris taught us in church. That is my own interpretation of what I did. My mind convinced me to toe that path, since I have been seeing all kinds of fraudulent people in the church, and know how they get rich. I thought that if actually they got rich through all these means, I could also get rich doing what I did.”
Chinelo explained that she got the inspiration through the fat accounts of their former Managing Director, Pastor Foluke.

According to her: “Our madam sent Miriam to check her balance, using the ATM machine. She came back and told me that she saw N4million each in two of her accounts. I wondered why my madam, whose salary is N62, 000 a month, should have such an amount in her account. I remembered that she had been telling me to transfer money from accounts. She also collected money from me when I was handling cash in the bulk unit, saying she was doing investment. I now realized what she had been doing with all the money she asked me to withdraw and give her. I never knew what it was all about, but when I checked I got answer. I told Miriam of my plans and she agreed.

“We opened accounts and transferred money into them and thereafter shared it among ourselves. When Mabel discovered what we were doing, I also advised her to join us or die as a pauper, since we were being paid N25,000 a month. She agreed and we continued withdrawing till the fraud was discovered.”

Chinelo, a Guidance and Counselling graduate, revealed that such fraud has been going on undetected because the bank is not well structured. Also, she said that none of the staff had banking experience.
The lady said: “The bank is not well-structured. They do not have any professional running the bank. We run the bank ourselves. Our madam, who is about 32 years, does not have any working experience.

We all started the bank together in November 2008. We were employed through a memo sent to our pastors that they needed hands at the bank. We did not go for any banking training. The madam of the bank does not know anything about banking. We read books to learn about banking.
“I got the job as a volunteer staff of Christ Embassy and my primary assignment was to work in the bank. By that time, we were not even given a licence by CBN to start running the bank. I have confessed and asked God to forgive me and I believe He has. My parents are aware, as they asked me to come and[/b] report myself and confess everything that I have done.”

Miriam’s story
Miriam, 24, who claimed to have repented from her sins, pleaded with Pastor Chris to forgive them. “I know that I am an embarrassment to the GO and he will be ashamed of me right now. I am begging God now for forgiveness and I know that I am wrong. Pastor Chris, wherever you are, if you are seeing me, I am sorry, but if we had everything in place in the bank, people wouldn’t have gone this far.”

Miriam, who is a Geography graduate, told Saturday Sun that when she saw the account of her boss she wondered where she got all that money.
She said: “I have been working with the microfinance bank since 2008 and cannot boast of N100, 000. When I checked the balance of my boss, my mind told me to do what to I did. I sold the idea to Chinelo. We opened two accounts and transferred money to them.

“It was the devil and greed that pushed me into this act. My family is not poor at all. I still blame myself; that is why I can come out boldly to confess what I did. I have admitted my wrong and I am suffering from it.”

Mabel’s bombshell
Mabel blamed Pastor Foluke for her involvement in the act. According to her, the former bank manager never treated her well.

She said: “I will blame Pastor Foluke, who never showed me love ever since I was transferred to the bank from the healing school. If she had been nice to me I would have reported to her when I noticed the loophole. Any little thing she would burst out and hit me. Part of the reason I did not tell her was that she was capable of roping me into that problem. I wasn’t part of the deal initially, but when I noticed it and confronted them, I had no choice but to join them, since they got the inspiration from Pastor Foluke

“If they are just discovering this, that means their financial reports had been faulty all along. Sometime CBN and auditors came. I don’t know what they audited if since they did not detect such little irregularities. The most pathetic situation is that I did not use the money for any particular investment. I have been with Christ Embassy for the past nine years. I am sorry because I have a conscience. I want to use this opportunity to tell Pastor Chris that we are sorry. We are his children and he remains our father. He should please find a place in his heart to forgive us.”

Felicia denies involvement
Felicia, the cashier in the bank, denied involvement in the act. She insisted that her boss, Foluke, included her name because she is an Igbo woman.
According to her, “I am not a staff of the bank. We are just there. For three years, there was no training, including for the MD. We are even more educated than her. We were the ones that taught her the job. I am not involved in the fraud. They just accused me because they felt that I am from another tribe. They just want to indict me. It is her sister, Moji, who opened the account and has been posting money for her. Moji admitted that she is the one. How can you open account without the necessary things, like identity card, signature?

“If the Madam Foluke claims that she knows nothing about this, then the report she is sending to CBN is not correct. How can she claim to be making profit of N100million while some of these things are happening in the bank? Any time CBN came, she would carry the cashbook and give Moji to hide. The auditor came and has been asking for the cashbook. She would be changing figures. They always bought new cashbooks for this. I am the one they send to submit the monthly report to CBN.”

Bassey gave the clincher
Bassey, a deacon in the church, got himself into trouble when he decided to heed the advice of a pastor in the church to withdraw money through a fraudulent account. The pastor told him that it was not a big deal, as the bank’s MD was involved.

Bassey said: “In one of the events at Oregun, I met one of my customers, who happened to be a pastor in the church. He saw me greeting Foluke and asked whether I knew her. I told him yes. Pastor Jude told me she was the MD of the bank and did all kinds of dubious business deal with her sister. He said that Foluke used to send the sister to collect money for her. There was a time she withdrew N20million and paid into her account.

“The only regret I have is that I have embarrassed Pastor Chris and the church of Christ. I feel so embarrassed, judging from my position in the church. I pray that the pastor will find a place in his heart to forgive me. Pastor Chris has a message that blesses people. It is just that people they have put in place to manage the church are not the right people. They are fraudsters.”
When contacted, one of the bank’s managers, who identified himself as Emmanuel, told Saturday Sun on phone that he was aware that such an incident happened but did not have the details.
“You need to talk to those in authority. I have heard of the incident, but I do not know the details. Most especially, I am not in the position to talk to the press,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/apr/10/living-10-04-2010-003.htm

Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by noetic16(m): 10:31am On Apr 10, 2010
pastor Chris and his get rich quick gospel grin grin
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by KunleOshob(m): 10:47am On Apr 10, 2010
The annoying thing is that most of the criminals are apologizing to pastor chris instead of blaming him. Are they not aware that it is the twisted get rich quick gospel that the con man has been preaching to them that pushes most of his church members to engage in illicit and criminal activities. [ i am even made to understand that most of the prostitues in Ikeja are attend CEC]. What is the church's business in setting up a micro finance bank in the first instance maybe Oyaks was planning to steal the money himself before his greedy apostles helped themselves to it probably based on the teachings he imparted to them. Personally i think oyakhilome should be held accountable for this fraud as he is in the business of breeding criminals.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by aletheia(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2010
Our Lord said it all:
Mat 7:15-23 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Here is evidence of the sort of fruit borne by the false gospel of prosperity.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by KunleOshob(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2010
@Alethia
You just hit the nail on the head with that very apt scripture you posted it is only a corrupt tree [oyakhilome] that would bring out evil fruits [chinelo,miriam, mabell, foluke and several other CEC adherents]. By their fruits we surely shall know them.

PS: I wonder were they all are now, cat got their tongue or they are too ashamed of their pastor to comment. Normally the likes of mabell would have been ranting all over the place wrtting thrash to defend her god [oyakhilome]
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by abrahym(m): 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2010
I never like the church in my hood
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Joagbaje(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2010
KunleOshob:

The annoying thing is that most of the criminals are apologizing to pastor chris instead of blaming him. Are they not aware that it is the twisted get rich quick gospel that the con man has been preaching to them that pushes most of his church members to engage in illicit and criminal activities. [ i am even made to understand that most of the prostitues in Ikeja are attend CEC]. What is the church's business in setting up a micro finance bank in the first instance maybe Oyaks was planning to steal the money himself before his greedy apostles helped themselves to it probably based on the teachings he imparted to them. Personally i think oyakhilome should be held accountable for this fraud as he is in the business of breeding criminals.

You need to start listening to him, you will know that he Will not encourage criminalities. One of the things he emphasised early this year is that the year will not favour a man with criminal tendencies. He said doors of prosperity will shut against people with such character. He said some people didnt know that some doors have been shut against them already by criminality. He even went as far as saying that if you have supplies to do in a contract, minimise the gain , dont inflate the amount beyond proportion. You should get to hear his teachings yourself than all these hearsays of yours. Pastor Christ is a balance teacher. And can never condone criminality. If he teach on prosperity , its only because its scriptural.Paul and Jesus taught on prosperity too. So will you blame Jesus for the criminality of judas? .
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Enigma(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2010
@Joagbaje

When one chap stole money from his employers some years ago to buy generator etc for CEC, what was Oyakhilome's response after the news broke?
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Enigma(m): 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2010
Pastor Joagbaje

You suddenly got shy? Perhaps the below might jog your memory?

In March 2002, Lawrence Agada, an assistant pastor who was a cashier with the Lagos Sheraton Hotels and Towers, donated cash and gifts totaling N39 million to the church. Agada's donations were in installments. He bought a 2S0KVA generator valued at N4.4 million, and another 27KVA generator for NI.5 million, which he donated to a satellite branch of the church. Before then, he had given N6 million for the refurbishment of the branch, as well as N1 million for the purchase of plastic seats for the headquarters. Agada also contributed N1million to the success of a mega¬ crusade tagged Night of Bliss.

His parish pastor, who had no money for a trip to Australia, was given N400, 000. In appreciation, Oyakhilome wrote Agada: "May God, who gives seed to the sower and bread for eating, multiply your seeds in Jesus name." Rather than receive God's blessings, Agada became a guest of the police when his employers discovered that he had stolen from them to give to the church.

Agada's employers also insisted that Oyakhilome should refund the money. But the church issued a statement admitting that Agada made donations, but refused to make a refund. A year later, Gbenga Kehinde, another member, donated to the church in similar circumstances. Then an assistant manager with Eko International Bank, Kehinde stole about N40 million from his employers and donated N 10 million to the church. That also became a messy affair.

Source

ETA also: Christ Embassy & Stolen N39m: A Question of Integrity
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by KunleOshob(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2010
Joagbaje:

You need to start listening to him, you will know that he Will not encourage criminalities. One of the things he emphasised early this year is that the year will not favour a man with criminal tendencies. He said doors of prosperity will shut against people with such character. He said some people didnt know that some doors have been shut against them already by criminality. He even went as far as saying that if you have supplies to do in a contract, minimise the gain , dont inflate the amount beyond proportion. You should get to hear his teachings yourself than all these hearsays of yours. Pastor Christ is a balance teacher. And can never condone criminality. If he teach on prosperity , its only because its scriptural.Paul and Jesus taught on prosperity too. So will you blame Jesus for the criminality of judas? .

Bros i have listened to enough of Oyakhilome's teachings to know what he preaches, his teachings are always polluting our airwaves and hardly can you watch any of our local channels without coming across some of his offensive teachings. Even you yourself is a testimony to oyakhilome's heretics going by some of the blasphemy you have posted on this forum. It is a known fact that CEC members are under psycological pressure to sow seeds into the "ministry" at all cost as a way of receiving god's blessings. This is what drives a lot of it's memebers into criminality. And pleeeeeeaaaaassssseee stop refering to Oyakhilome as "pastor christ" that is a sacriledge and oyakhilome does not even preach or practise the gospel of Christ talkless of being recognized by christ.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2010
Just yesterday we were talking of this at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-421491.128.html#msg5858159 AND https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-421491.128.html#msg5858159.

Na wa! grin cool grin

Lies have very very short legs and truth has suddenly caught up and overtaken it. As they say, you can't hide behind a finger. First SirJohn exposes the "Fooling Healing School", then South Africans get angry, then Erelu says she supplied the power and now this - I wonder what news the next few weeks will bring grin

@Kunle:

Have you forgotten that pastor christ comes before the true Christ in cec? so ra e O! You've been warned!
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Joagbaje(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ KunleOshob

KunleOshob:

Bros i have listen to enough of Oyakhilome's teachings to know what he preaches, his teachings are always polluting our airwaves and hardly can you watch any of our local channels without coming across some of his offensive teachings. Even you yourself is a testimony to oyakhilome's heretics going by some of the blasphemy you have posted on this forum. It is a known fact that CEC members are under psycological pressure to sow seeds into the "ministry" at all cost as a way of receiving god's blessings. This is what drives a lot of it's memebers into criminality. And pleeeeeeaaaaassssseee stop refering to Oyakhilome as "pastor christ" that is a sacriledge and oyakhilome does not even preach or practise the gospel of Christ talkless of being recognized by christ.

2 Cor. 4:3
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: [4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The fact that You dont understand the teaching doesnt mean they are wrong. Can you pin point any of your so called heresy teaching that you listen to , I,m not talking about your hearsay and exaggerated assumption. quote the message out , and analyse it by the word. Then you can score a good point.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2010
and by thier fruits we shall know them. God never lies, He cannot be mocked and shall reveal every lie and deception i his name. This is just the begining of the revelations
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by InesQor(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2010
Kai, the CEC poisons are killing people again! Na wa
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 1:38am On Apr 11, 2010
Some of you celebrating this news; the way you are going about your criticisms smacks of deep seated hatred for d person of Pastor Chris (i am writing this because of known consistencies in your vituperations on him); Even if he (Pastor Chris) were to be your enemy, and you being a Christian (that's if you are), didnt Christ Jesus say to love one another (including Pastor Chris)?

The news was about theft from d church treasury by members of d church, instead of condemning their action and praying for their forgiveness, you rather dwelt on pouring venomous vituperations on the person of Pastor Chris because of the very cheap claim by those culprits that the message made them to do it; Can anyone provide any specific message taught by Pastor Chris were he encouraged his members to go stealing

Now for you Christians that worship in d PERFECT CHURCH, I have this question for you:

Can you beyond reasonable doubt proclaim that the church were you worship is 100% free of those that steal, those that fornicate, those that lie, those that commit murder, those that covet, those that habor hatred against others, those that commit adultery, prostitutes, etc?

Can you vouch for every member of that your "perfect church", that every single one of them is obedient to every single dictates of d Word of God? Can you?

Enigma:

Pastor Joagbaje

Source

^^^Can you vouch for members of your church (that's if you have any church leaning) that none has ever stolen from his place of work or anywhere whatsover and dropped some of d spoils (irrespective of the amount) in d offerin pan of that your church? Can you stick out your neck and beat your chest to d very fact that no single member of your church has ever done that?

Beware my friends,,,,, beware how you poke your fingers in anothers eyelid to wipe d dust therein, whilst a plank of gum hanging over yours! Beware!!!!

The fact that news of atrocious acts of members in other churches (including yours) did not make it to d media (or to the village square) does not make those churches free of same, because every Christian (with a church leaning) is undergoing the process of perfection through the Word of God in these churches (Ephesians 4:11-15)!!! Therefore, it is hypocritical to be continually and ceaselessly pouring hateful venom on CEC - It is understood when this comes from unbelievers, but when it comes from supposed believers, it makes one wanny cry Remember the story of d adulterous woman

Every act that is contrary to d word of God is condemnable, but how we go about the condemnation is significant; Do we condemn in love or we condemn in hatred,enemity, rivalry?

Some people in a congregation stole and blamed it on the message they heard; did d message say go and steal? Their greed for quick wealth led them to do what they did and does not in any way invalidate the message and the existence of members that are obedient to d dictates of the Word of God in the same congregation!!!

I pray God to forgive those involved (I am never in doubt that He has already) in the act and admonish that they be forgiven also by the moG as that of necessity is what Christ Jesus preached; Forgiveness in all spheres no matter the offence!!!

Shalom to you and SHALOM TO JERUSALEM wink wink wink
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 2:35am On Apr 11, 2010
aisha2:

and by thier fruits we shall know them. God never lies, He cannot be mocked and shall reveal every lie and deception i his name. This is just the begining of the revelations

A man, Mr.A, stole N30,000.00 from the treasury of a local district of the Lions Club International; he was caught, arrested by the police, paraded and question by the media and the crime he commited was made known to all and sundry;

Another man, Mr.B, presiding over a larger district of the Lions Club perpetuated fraud by inflating a supplies contract (carried out by him) that saw him stealing N15,000,000.00 from the treasury of the Lions Club without being caught (he alone was aware of this fraud because of inflating d price of what was purchased).

Given these two men, Mr. A is known by his fellow man as a thief that stole some corporate money in sometime past and is thus regarded as one that is BEARING THE BAD FRUIT - this is a stigma on him, his fellow man has already condemned him and is perhaps unwilling to erase his view of Mr.A as one bearing a bad fruit - a thief;

Mr. B is never known by his fellow man to have stolen before, hence, he is regarded by his fellow man to be BEARING GOOD FRUITS, because to the best of his fellow man's absolute knowledge, Mr.B has never stolen before!!!!

Now, my good friends, the above story is an analogy of our error in judgement!!! God alone knew Mr.B stole, no man knew;
Who is a beta Judge? man or God?

In essence, that entity which in d sight of men is "holy and bearing good fruits (such as Mr.B)" would turn out to surprise all of us on the Lord's day!!!

So, dont be quick to pass judgement; check yourself first that you are without a single error, check your church first that she is without a single error; only then can you come out boldly and proclaim judgement on others!!!!

Bless you!!!
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 2:52am On Apr 11, 2010
@poster, it is a very cheap blackmail to label this topic as "SINNERS IN CHRIST EMBASSY" even if it appeared that way in the sun newspaper, can we be referred to that church were there is no single "SINNER?"

Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 6:01am On Apr 11, 2010
^^^ Lol

Gunnarz:

Would you have preferred the title to be "The Righteous men of CE have just stolen Millions in the Church's bank"?

Please read the title again. The OP just said some "who are sinners" commited a crime - do you believe they are not sinners? 

BTW, no-one says anyone is perfect but look at your Mr A and Mr B allegory - why is it so often that its CEC that we hear its members are stealing money and taking it to the church. It could be argued in fact, that they are stealing under "pressure" FOR CEC's benefit since they seemingly take it there always. Why do they take so much there if they stole it for themselves?

Please point to one instance involving "House on the Rock" or "Daystar" or Pastor Odukoya's church or Chris Okotis'e ministry or Deeper life or Global Harvest? Why is it always this one church whose pastor is accused of "fixing miracles", "having thieving acolytes", "having the loosest female congreagtion imaginable" etc? RCCG is much larger yet we've heard of relatively few controversies. Deeper life is much larger - how many have you heard? Or you would have us believe God decided to hide thieves in other places and expose only CEC criminals? 

Don't you realise a congregation is subliminal in understanding? Words have a power that transform or push us into a mindset and that is why the Bible warns us against evil company - because it corrupts. Listen non-stop to words that suggest theft and YOU WILL STEAL when it has sunk in deep enough. Did you notice the concept of "get it at all costs" posited by the criminals. Is this the first time you've heard that in relation to CE?

Finally, NOBODY is celebrating this insult to the Lord we all call upon. Rather, it is disheartening but truth must be said else we are offering support albeit tacitly. Our coming out to condemn this rubbish is a statement that this is not indicative of Christianity or do you believe it is? And it might make some acolytes run for safety before they too commit crime. And that will hurt the system which might be forced to change knowing they are exposed.

And that is Aisha2's point. Their fruit exposes them for who they are and this fruit DEFINITELY informs that this system IS NOT CHRISTIAN but financial, morally bankrupt and criminal to boot!
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Joagbaje(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2010
@ Enigma
Enigma:

Pastor Joagbaje

Source

I didnt go shy, I must have missed the post. Pastor Chris has no business to refund money, given by a person to God. Did he give the money to pastor Chris? Pastor Chris did not even know him. The issue of generator happened in another branch. What has it got to do with pastor Chris. There is lawin the land. If it has to do with pastor Chris, the law should have been invoked. He has no case to answer. If a thief flies to abuja by cha changi airline, will you ask the airline to pay back the ticket money. It is not a pastors busness to question people's sources of offerings but he will teach them truth about honesty and integrity. If i give something to God ,its between me and God. I could sell my car and give the money as i am led. The money was not meant for Pastor Chris , he was only a custodian and if the guy gave money for partnership as theyclaim, they should go to AIT, NTA, and all the TV stations where partnership money have been used to pay airtime. AIT director should be arrested . common guys we have law in the land. You guys are intelligent people but when it comes to the issue of pastor Chris and
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Enigma(m): 8:23am On Apr 11, 2010
@Joagbaje

1. You say that Oyakhilome did not know the guy! Why then did Oyakhilome write to the guy and prophesy to the guy and the guy's wife directly?

He also have a commendation letter from Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (which contain some prophecies) to show for all his "generosity". In the letter of commendation the Pastor acknowledged the donation of a generator said to be valued at over N4m. Among other things stated in the letter which was signed by Oyakhilome, it reads; "I trust you are both fine and experiencing the glory of God in a greater measure laughing your way through, " The prophecy therein says; "In your life, God will do mighty things. He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world can't but take notice of you, in Jesus' name. Amen".

2. You ask if the guy gave the money to Oyakhilome and why should Oyakhilome refund money given to "God"? Well, I am not surprised that the CEC "god" is happy to receive stolen money! And of course I give you that stolen money given to CEC "pastors" is money given to the CEC "god" though not to the Almighty God. Again, below are the things/money the guy donated to the CEC "god" through the "church", can you still say these were not gifts to Chris and his organisation?

In March 2002, Lawrence Agada, an assistant pastor who was a cashier with the Lagos Sheraton Hotels and Towers, donated cash and gifts totaling N39 million to the church. Agada's donations were in installments. He bought a 2S0KVA generator valued at N4.4 million, and another 27KVA generator for NI.5 million, which he donated to a satellite branch of the church. Before then, he had given N6 million for the refurbishment of the branch, as well as N1 million for the purchase of plastic seats for the headquarters. Agada also contributed N1million to the success of a mega¬ crusade tagged Night of Bliss.
  and

The Pastor of the Ifako branch of Christ Embassy confirmed that Lawrence Agada is their right hand man in the church. Everything Agada claimed he bought for the church and all the money he donated were confirmed to be true. Most of these things were found in the premises of both the headquarters and branch churches of Christ Embassy.

3. Regarding your other defences of Oyakhilome, I will simply indict you with the following points and questions from the article Christ Embassy & Stolen N39m: A Question of Integrity:

Despite all these, the overall leadership of the church is seeking to affirm the legitimacy and legality of all they received from Agada.

The issues arising from all these are both fundamental and weighty. It is not first a matter of legality but of morality and integrity.

What kind of Pastor will be collecting millions of Naira regularly from a church member (who is just a company cashier) without wanting to know how the member was getting the money?

What kind of gospel is the likes of Agada and his wife hearing that made them believe that God can ask them to be stealing to support his work?

A church that says (through her attorney) that it is not her business to know how members of her flock is doing their work in their various offices definitely gives herself away as an irresponsible church. A church that does not care about how her members come about large sum of money given as donation (which is far beyond the regular earnings of such members) is fraudulent. Such an organization can easily take blood money as donations even from armed robbers just to promote "God's work". Every God fearing person ought to be weary of such churches. I wonder how members of Christ Embassy will feel now knowing that some of the money used to power their programs, the generating plants and even chairs used in their services are bought from stolen money.

[size=14pt]What kind of spirit is really at work in Christ Embassy?[/size]
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by SirJohn(m): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin and the laugh goes on. I'll tell you guys a very funny experience of mine: sometime in may 2007, whilst still a member of CE, the church pastor prophesied that god was going to raise 1000 millonaires from our branch (thats like half of the church cos membership strength at that time was a little over 2000). coincidentally, during that period, there was fund raising for church reconstruction so everyone was encouraged to take advantage of the oppurtunity to key into the 'man of gods' prophesy. being a member of the Haven, we were told we had the right of the firstborn so we had all the advantage; I wasnt gonna let that opportunity slip by so I pledged and gave a whooping N100,000. That was big for me at that time cos I went broke afterwards.

Few weeks later, someone introduced me to a money making scheme that was sweeping across the southwest especially the city of Ibadan. I quickly showed interest since this may be that opportunity to become a millonaire. I cleared my bank account at that time and also got few friends and family members to be part of it, infact, I had to drive to Ibadan myself to be sure the whole thing was true. I invested over a million naira of both my money and other peoples money; to be frank, I belived this thing so much cos my first investment paid off.

During this time, my intention was to make money so that I could give BIG, I also wanted give my first 'Million' to Chris, that unfortunately is the dream of most CE members. to cut the long story short, the whole scheme was later discovered to be a ponzi scheme, I lost everything I invested; it was indeed a dark moment for me.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2010
^^^ Chei, SirJohn:

You too? You fell for WealthSolutions and co? You must have queued and queued befoe it became your turn and I remember you guys queueing drove me away from GTB, ring road to UBA grin Strange that of all the so many many people who fell for those ponzi schemes, every single one of them belongs to the WOF movement except for one alhaji who said he didn't mind throwing away the 200K if it was a scam.

I clearly remembered being "offered" the opportunity which being a manufacturer, I turned down seeing as it was obviously impossible to find any legal (and moral) business making such returns in such short periods. People like Dangote can make 25 Million a day NOW. It wasn't always like that and it took a while to build the structure that creates such wealth. BTW, Dangote does not pay tithes and first-fruit (at least not the CE way) cheesy. Yet, CE, WealthSolutions and Co promise such returns. I dare anyone to inform us of a moral and legal business where the kind of returns these offer are possible.

God does bless in amazing ways that can defy understanding but that is the exception rather than the rule AND it usually follows a wilderness experience where a covenant was made for such a blessing. I'm trying to imagine God suggesting a wilderness experience for a CE acolyte. They will kabash (unleash the rubbish they say is speaking in tongues) and attempt to bind the Almighty Himself telling Him "I cast you out in the name of pastor christ" tongue
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Zikkyy(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2010
SirJohn:

I lost everything I invested; it was indeed a dark moment for me.

Good for you SirJohn. Hope you are wiser now.
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Joagbaje(m): 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2010
wiser indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pastor Chris never encouraged all these quick money doubling business. He taught strictly against. it In the partners conference benin 2007. He asked what kind of business do they dowith depositors money to have such huge profit. He said even oil business could not have brought such turn over,
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by kaybently: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2010
na waoooooooooooo so wat do they preach in this christ embassy,? this is really getn funny am beginning to have 2nd thoughts about this ministry, pastor chris should be held reponsible for this, ce members should not even try and defend thier ministry on this one cos its clearly obvious that the members are misinterpreting the preaching of prosperity to mean fraud and theft, wat a pity
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Enigma(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2010
It will not be surprising if the fellow in the story in the thread linked below is also a member of CEC!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-412049.0.html#msg5871342

smiley
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2010
@nuclearboy, i understand your point about d frequency of occurences like this in CEC, but my assertion is that d fact that "petty stealing" in those other churches u listed did not reach d media (or leave the forewalls of the church) doesnt make them perfect! (They can only be perfect in d eyes of men)

The onus is not on me to prove dat things like this occur in other churches because one would be remiss and hypocritical to give a "clean bill of health" to any single church on planet earth, rather the onus is on the consistent critics of CEC to validate that it is not there in those other churches; and my illustration about Mr. A and B is a pointer to the fact that there is no one that can boldly declare that there exist a church were 100% of members are perfect; because that which was/is a secret known to only one man but unknown to other men is laid before God barefaced!!!

CEC definitely has her errors, and i am of the believe that what is happenin therein is a dimension of one of the seven churches that the Alpha and d Omega sent messages to thru John the Devine in the books of Revelations; specifically the Church in Laodicea (Rev 3:14-19), and i hope that the Pastors and leaders of d church would identify the manifestations of this dimension and sanction same with the solution profered by the Spirit in the said book Revelations.

Nonetheless, we as Christians (irrespective of denomination), connected to each other by the blood of the Lamb (joint heirs with Christ Jesus), ought to be careful in our criticisms ensuring that it is constructive (in love) but not destructive (in hatred, envy, rivalry, etc)!!!

Bless u!!! wink wink wink
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Gunnaz007: 12:27am On Apr 12, 2010
kay bently:

na waoooooooooooo so wat do they preach in this christ embassy,? this is really getn funny am beginning to have 2nd thoughts about this ministry, pastor chris should be held reponsible for this, ce members should not even try and defend thier ministry on this one cos its clearly obvious that the members are misinterpreting the preaching of prosperity to mean fraud and theft, wat a pity

The bolded statement is a clear case of falacy of false generalization; In the Catholic church, Bishops have been accused of sexually abusing children; does it therefore imply that all members and bishops of the catholic church are guilty of sexually abusing children?

The sisters involved in these act of theft did that based on their individual will, borne out of greed, and their claim that the message of increased speed or whatever by Pastor Chris is/was responsible for their actions, was a clever master stroke to whip up sentiments and sympathy from members of the public, especially those opposed to the prosperity gospel! Whereas there are members in that same church that have applied the same message in their lives using the narrow gate (the Word way), these ones chosed to mis-apply the message by using d wider gate that leads to destruction.

I am in no way holding brief for Pastor Chris, but the claim by these sisters is a clear and glaring example of a sinking man that is looking for what to drag down the ocean with him!
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by nuclearboy(m): 6:42am On Apr 12, 2010
@Gunnaz:

I am sad you see my posts this way (hatred, envy, slander) - I have nothing against any church or any person. My first stated observation EVER about CE on this forum was the uncouth vitriolic manner with which its members defended pastor chris whenever the church was mentioned. How would you wish I view this seeing as whenever Jesus, the HS or the Father was being insulted, these same people NEVER showed up (that was left for other Christians who follow Jesus only and with what we see posted here, are not acolytes to any human) - so where do these CE people's loyalties lay? You tell me.

Following this observation, post after post referred to CE - fraud, outright theft, staged miracles, immorality (one person even said all ikeja prostitutes are strong members) to the extent of international coverage. And the refrain is always the same - "We keep growing and making more money etc". What of the Biblical injunction that says wheat and chaff will grow together - did anyone ever remember that chaff/weeds grow faster than cash crops?

Its reprehensible to see supposed believers putting a man before God, quoting rhapsody rather than the Bible, defending their MOG instead of the Lord etc. And then we keep hearing these stories. sad sad sad I do not believe any church is perfect; far from it; none of us (especially me seeing as I know myself better than I know you) is perfect - ONLY God is true. Which means pastor chris is ALSO NOT true being just a man! But therein lies the issue - they refuse this or accept it with their mouths but not heart and as far as they're concerned, he comes first even against God. Jim Jones, Waco and every other cult ALL had this same characteristic - the members put the "MOG" first. NOTE THEY WERE MOG, NOT DEMONIC TILL THE DEATHS OCCURED!

My understanding of the scripture is simple - the early church had "ELDERS" who came together to pray for or counsel, not one Oga patapata. The Apostles did not see themselves as special compared to others - they felt they were servants and were humble, hard-working simple people who ministered to their churches as though their employers.

I do not say you should be poor to be a servant of God but prosperity at any cost is NOT the Gospel of Jesus. We have a Rhapsody thread here. Show me one entry that points to members "sharing" in the tribulations of those Satan hates and that Jesus suffered? Holiness? Separation from the world? Fasting? Wilderness experiences? etc?

Please do not jump to conclusions about my (and indeed such as Aletheia, KunleOshob, InesQor etc) motives - I just cannot get my head around this - we are co-heirs, it says! So why is pastor chris "different". Is it that he is on the same level with God and Jesus and they are below that? Or he is on the second level and they on the third level i.e following his level? Where's the scriptural support for that? AND why is it non-stop prosperity with people saying it drove them to steal or that they know many other fraudsters in the church like themselves? In conclusion, please take a look at this post and the poser created by the thread then you tell me what you think of the attitude shown - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-427974.99999.html#msg5865237
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by jessefly: 8:35am On Apr 12, 2010
'May pastor chris find it in his heart to forgive us' dats wat all were saying
why is it so, wat kind of god is pastor chris to these folks believe me once u get into dat church u get hypnotized n start looking unto pastor chris, why is it so
i belong to redeemed n i do not see adeboye like dat,
also remember wen dey fabricated a story dat some1 wanted to assasinate pastor chris days after a similar plot was unveiled on anoda man of God
i feel for all cec folks i feel for them sha God will deliver them
Re: Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank by Ganjaseed: 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2010
I hope the mabell mentioned here is not the same mabell advertising Rhapsody on NL? if she is, now you know why the thing be too dey sweet am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most / Spiritual Digest For The Day 17th Of August 2014 / How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.