Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? (4793 Views)

Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group / These Monikers Promoting Tribalism,ethnic Bigotry Should Stop Or Risk Been Ban / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 12:52am On Jan 11, 2018
OP I think you are wrong here with your assertion about Ndigbo, here in Onitsha we feel the Hausa community more than the Yorubas because the Yorubas are usually scared of competing.
Go to Main market and see the Hausas having full control of their section there but the Yorubas are nowhere to be found aside around some parks, doing mason jobs and their women selling Agbo jedijedi.
It's not the fault of the Igbos that the Yorubas can't compete here, the Hausas have already carved a niche for themselves and are respected here unlike the Yorubas who can't compete, maybe you should ask the Hausas how they did it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 12:58am On Jan 11, 2018
ipodstinks:
You are waiting for link abi, you go wait tire. The only link you will see is insult and i habe seen many from front page.
Come to Onitsha and see things yourself, the Yorubas here are always insecure unlike the Hausas who are more daring and I guess have a higher population here than the Yorubas. Virtually every street in Onitsha, you must meet a Hausa man doing his business but mostly concentrated around Fegge, Odoakpu quarters unlike the Yorubas who you hardly find around.

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 1:03am On Jan 11, 2018
Alariwo2:

Ok.. let's assume you tried.

Why do the Igbos enjoy hurling insults at Yorubas who give them free hand in Yorubaland. What Igbos can't allow others in Igboland due to some points you stated.

Igbos should be the most humble and respectful going by your logic, not rude and insultive to other tribes.
Have you ever bought land in the SW or tried buying in the SE? Were you given a different price because you are from the SW in both locations? Stop the silly stereotyping because I know you've never crossed the River Niger

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 1:04am On Jan 11, 2018
Alariwo2:

Don't mind them.
It's their trademark. Not a single link or name since.
Have you been to the east before?
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 11, 2018
Alariwo2:

Leave Fulanis and face the topic..

Why are Igbos not as welcoming and tolerating as others?

If every other tribe acts same way as Igbos, do you think you'll see business or trade to do?
if you have the money to compete for any elective position in the east nobody stops you even in your regions igbos spend their money for any dammed thing they do ,a poor man like you want a free position in East come even your rich relatives can't invest in East because they can't compete without government helping them.

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 1:06am On Jan 11, 2018
mesoprogress:

This thread is worthless. You can only make impact on a community you live. Igbos are extremely good in adaptation. There are many Hausas in Igboland - doing well - how many of them have bought lands in Igboland or taught theirchildren Igbo language? Yorubas hardly live in Igboland unless they are company workers or bankers . And they live like foreigners hardly integrating with host communities. You see them always running back to Western Nigeria at earliest opportunity

Don't blame Igbos, integration and popularity are the only things that can make you be politically relevant anywhere. Don't blame Igbos, blame yourself. I'm sure you're definitely not writing from Igboland and you want to come and lead them People you don't even know their culture? Na wa for you
Fact 100%

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 1:08am On Jan 11, 2018
Alariwo2:

Why should I be pained? An unknown group in far away canada chose to be fools by appointing an outsider to head them.

All that rubbish starts and ends in Canada.. so don't get too excited boy
You are the real bigot here

2 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Yyeske(m): 1:09am On Jan 11, 2018
Alaniyiokorausa:
if you have the money to compete for any elective position in the east nobody stops you even in your regions igbos spend their money for any dammed thing they do ,a poor man like you want a free position in East come even your rich relatives can't invest in East because they can't compete without government helping them.
Fact
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by FisifunKododada: 4:33am On Jan 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by nku5: 6:00am On Jan 11, 2018
LionDeLeo:
OP, what you are asking for is a future impossible tense.

Have you ever wondered why other tribes rarely talk about doing business in the east?

Try leave your village and see what is happening in the world.

This Xmas a yoruba okada man that has been in my village for years carried me to buy petrol during the scarcity and he is not the only okada man from SW there. Yoruba tailors sef are at least four I know personally in my hometown.Nobody disturbs them or reminds them they are foreigners. That is real sophistication grin

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by ratcock: 6:23am On Jan 11, 2018
No one is stopping yorubas from coming to alaigbo. I believe their problem is the fear of competition.

4 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 11, 2018
Thanks to my brothers and sisters,you guys have done well on this thread by beating the hateful child black and blue.

4 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by ba7man(m): 7:46am On Jan 11, 2018
Forget ethnic bigotry in the South East, we've got bigger issues with those killer herdsman. angry

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by ipodstinks: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2018
Alaniyiokorausa:
We saw that when hausa man contested in ebonyi.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by BankeSmalls(f): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2018
Yyeske:
Come to Onitsha and see things yourself, the Yorubas here are always insecure unlike the Hausas who are more daring and I guess have a higher population here than the Yorubas. Virtually every street in Onitsha, you must meet a Hausa man doing his business but mostly concentrated around Fegge, Odoakpu quarters unlike the Yorubas who you hardly find around.
laziness. You find them where they drink ogogoro
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by verydark: 8:45am On Jan 11, 2018
ArodeTsolaye:
Fulani dey massacre you and your zoogerian brothers but na Ibo be your problem.

Dust from Skull-mining activities must have blocked the arteries supplying your brain with oxygen. E pele!

here we go again.diverting from the topic.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by verydark: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2018
dignity33:

Beware of leuretta Onochie media outlet BMC on Nairaland they open alot of Username to operate and assemble there comments together to distract people from the topic against this evil Government by calling the author names like pigs, afonja, IPOB to create room for tribal media war within the tribes and make the topic useless.
Alariwo2 one of them

you no have suppose to get so much likes for this your statement.but here we are.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by verydark: 8:58am On Jan 11, 2018
PenisCaP:

Most U guys are hypocical and myopic..
Thats one the major problem of yorubas..
U tellinge there ar no saga or misunderstanding has neva happend un yoruba land before? undecided

Look.. im not into childish beef i say things the way they are..
Go to east in nnewi where they produce engine blocks of cars and motorcycles and thousands of ur brothers there.

Go to aba and see thousands of ur brothers and sisters learning how to design shoes and cloths.

Go to markets in east and see ur brothers and sister selling Yoruba herbs peacfully and laughing with everybody.

U ARE TOO BACKWARD... USE THIS NEWYEAR TO TRAVEL OUT ANDKNOW THINGS HAPPENING IN OTHERS PARTS... IT WILL HELP U ALOT.

i was not yet in east,but comments from some of you online make us think we are not welcomed their.

more igbos like you have to speak up and not allow only angry igbos to speak online.

you give us the feeling that you agree with angry igbos online when igbos like you say nothing.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by verydark: 9:46am On Jan 11, 2018
archangel1:
4) Igbos have comparative predominant population bloc in many states: because of the above fact, their chances
of getting political appointments and elective posts will be high in relation to other non indigenes co-residing with them in many states. Technically, their bloc votes can make a lot of impact in some states of the federation.In a similar factor, most objective administrators see them of enterprising and agents of developments both in rural and urban areas,hence the need to bring them nearer to government house for strategic and higher assignments. An investigation, will show you that the states that they are less are are among the poorest states( especially in bubbling business activities and internally generated revenues) in Nigeria. Eg. Zamfara and kebbi. In other words, if a particular ethnic group have the same population bloc and properties in the South East, they will equally have the same chances and impact.

well said.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by toolovely(m): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2018
sometimes, when some of these people that have never gone beyond the boundaries of their states talk, you see how myopic and useless they are.
please, come to SE states, i volunteer to take you round and will show you several yorubas that have settled, do their businesses without any hindrances or disturbance from anyone and some even married igbo ladies. even in my village the federal poly there retain so many corpers who served there. in umuahia, i know about !5 youth corpers who didn't go back after their service and are doing very well in their various businesses and are still doing till date.
there's no local govt in igbo land that you will not see clusters of hausas as they like living together. called amahausa. and no body is disturbing them for any reason. please, travel out. dont stay in your village and be displaying your ignorance

3 Likes

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by Alariwo2: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
Still yet to find any concrete answers to counter my points.

If you can't allow others hold leadership positions in your lands, then don't attempt such in other regions too.
Just live like normal people and leave politics for the indigenes.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by PenisCaP: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2018
verydark:

i was not yet in east,but comments from some of you online make us think we are not welcomed their.
more igbos like you have to speak up and not allow only angry igbos to speak online.
you give us the feeling that you agree with angry igbos online when igbos like you say nothing.

Well..
U ar talking about ANGRY IGBO YOUTHS
As if there are not ANGERY YORUBA YOUTHS.

Seriously i live in yoruba land and i can tell u sometimes i receive biased treatment when dealing with YORUBAS offline.
Not all of them tho.

So same thing is applicable to eveey tribe.
It points both ways.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by njoku10(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
I created a trend Ethnic Bigotry In South West in retaliation to the trend (When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End) but mine was deleted and the Yoruba guy ethnic trend tow and the Igbo still standing. with this numerous double standard nairaland will be shutting it self in the leg.

1 Like

Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by reality1010: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
Alariwo2:
It's no news that the igbos from south eastern part of Nigeria are found in every corner of the country.

They live freely and give birth as they like in other regions without getting stigmatized. Their kids grow up among other ethnic groups and contest for leadership positions in any community they find themselves.

South East on the other hand is a "no go area" for other ethnic groups as you won't get the free hand to do whatever you like.

A yoruba or Hausa man cannot become ward councillor.

When are we going to see Nairaland topics like.. Igbo group appoints a Yoruba/ Hausa man president?
I don't think I've ever come across such.
Point of corrections igbos don't live freely outside igboland. In Yorubaland igbos r taxed on every investment.Also their children pay for school fees even with Yoruba tribalism of "omo ibo".Three ibos contest for elective posts because they pay their taxes to d govt of the land.Now,have ever ask why you people love looting and stealing omo ibo properties?From Idumota to mushin, to Ikeja etc.Even if baba Ayo should slap u Alariwo,ur retaliation will end up in looting Igbo's properties.Finally,there r Yorubas in SouthEast but the beauty is that no one loots their properties.
Re: When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? by reality1010: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
Alariwo2:
Still yet to find any concrete answers to counter my points.

If you can't allow others hold leadership positions in your lands, then don't attempt such in other regions too.
Just live like normal people and leave politics for the indigenes.
Point of corrections igbos don't live freely outside igboland. In Yorubaland igbos r taxed on every investment.Also their children pay for school fees even with Yoruba tribalism of "omo ibo".Three ibos contest for elective posts because they pay their taxes to d govt of the land.Now,have ever ask why you people love looting and stealing omo ibo properties?From Idumota to mushin, to Ikeja etc.Even if baba Ayo should slap u Alariwo,ur retaliation will end up in looting Igbo's properties.Finally,there r Yorubas in SouthEast but the

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alhaji Rafiu Tinubu Is Dead (Former Head of Service in Lagos State) / Tafa Balogun Serves Jail Term, Regains Freedom / 1999 Constitution: FG Plans 50 Sections For Amendment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.