Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration (2049 Views)

Pls Where Can I Buy Rj45 Clips And Lan Cables in Bulk???? / Anybody With Glo Internet Configuration Setting For Non-glo Modem / Right Order Wiring Ethernet Cable With Rj45 Plugs: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by scantee(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2010
Hi gurus in the house.
please i need a help, my friend told me to help him and configure his two desktop computer using Ethernet cable without hub. which means i will use RJ45 but i have forgotten the configuration, that is how to configure the two heads and the IP STATISTICS to be input-ed.
i will be grateful for any help.
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by scantee(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2010
please gurus am still waiting for ur helps
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by DualCore1: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2010
one of the computers will be the server, that's the one with the internet connection. the other one will be the client. Enable internet connection on the Network Adapter of the server which will set its IP to 192.168.0.1. Connect the other computer using a cross network cable and that one will get an IP automatically.

P.S: I cant remember too well whether its a cross network cable u use for this thing. Heck its been like 3 years i did this last.
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by DualCore1: 5:57pm On Apr 10, 2010
Ok, just confirmed. Its a cross-over network cable.

Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by scantee(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2010
@dualcore

thanks very much for your help. the connection i want to do i Lan, just ordinal local area connection, which i guess two of the system need different IP statistic. my major problem now is how to configure the two head.

For Example. Here is the configuration i guess either if it will work.

Head A

Brown + Brown-White
Green + Blue-White
Blue + Green-White
Orange + Orange-White

Head B

Orange + Orange-White
Blue + Green-White
Green + Blue-White
Brown + Brown-White

i don't really know if this configuration is going to work, please i will like you review it for me.

thanks a lot
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by DualCore1: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2010
scantee:

Head A

Brown + Brown-White
Green + Blue-White
Blue + Green-White
Orange + Orange-White

Head B

Orange + Orange-White
Blue + Green-White
Green + Blue-White
Brown + Brown-White

I'm hungry like mad and have no time to eat so I can't really burn brain juice comprehending your connection pattern. I dont have a liking for networking. Its not like programming or hardware where what you see is what you get. Google "sharing internet connection between two computers". That should help. Note, both computers cannot have static IPs, it wont work. The one with the internet connection will have a static ip of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet of something like 0.255.255.255 or so (i cant say if its correct) the other one has to be set to automatic, it will choose an IP by itself.
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by Djcn: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2010
Just use the diagram posted by dual core as a guide, u've got 8 wires, on your Head A note ur connectors 1,2,3 and 6 and ensure they correspond to 3,6,1,2. Lets look at ur ex
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by macomrades(m): 2:41am On Apr 11, 2010
Look, simply follow the diagram above. u have eight wires, arrange one end of the cable as u see on the left, then arrange the other end as is shown on the right. Remember to hold the rj45 connector with the pins showing on top while inserting the wires then make sure that they go all the way to the end before crimping them. For the network settings, assign static ips to both computers e.g 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2 and put them on the same subnet 255.0.0.0. If you just want to share/move/copy files, put them on the same workgroup & restart both systems. You can now drag and drop files into the shared folders which can be accessed from the other machine(if u cant see the shared folder, u can temporarily disable the firewall on both machines). For internet connection sharing, u need to enable it thru the network adapter properties of the 'server' then use the 'server' ip as the default gatway of the client. Everything should now work. Just follow he steps one at a time. Cheers.
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by sheriffman(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2010
@ poster this is what I use for cross cabling

@one end u will arrange the cables in this order

WHITE ORANGE
ORANGE
WHITE GREEN
BLUE
WHITE BLUE
GREEN
WHITE BROWN
BROWN

@ the other end of the cable use

WHITE GREEN
GREEN
WHITE ORANGE
BLUE
WHITE BLUE
ORANGE
WHITE BROWN
BROWN

GUD LUK
Re: Rj45 Crossover Cabel Configuration by scantee(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2010
Dual Core:

I'm hungry like mad and have no time to eat [/b]so I can't really burn brain juice comprehending your connection pattern. I dont have a liking for networking. Its not like programming or hardware where what you see is what you get. Google "sharing internet connection between two computers". That should help. Note, both computers cannot have static IPs, it wont work. [b]The one with the internet connection will have a static ip Both the computer has no internet connection is just for Local Area Connection of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet of something like 0.255.255.255 or so (i cant say if its correct) the other one has to be set to automatic, it will choose an IP by itself.

lol. thanx man for your assistance, i have gotten some helps through google.

sheriffman:

@ poster this is what I use for cross cabling

@one end u will arrange the cables in this order

WHITE ORANGE
ORANGE
WHITE GREEN
BLUE
WHITE BLUE
GREEN
WHITE BROWN
BROWN

@ the other end of the cable use

WHITE GREEN
GREEN
WHITE ORANGE
BLUE
WHITE BLUE
ORANGE
WHITE BROWN
BROWN

GUD LUK

thanx man i

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Windows Vista (formerly "Longhorn") / My Internet Connection Is Now Very Slow, How Do I Improve Its' Speed? / Has Anyone Used Dell Inspiron 1545? Please Post Your Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.