Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help (42006 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by frubben(m): 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
1.2billion @ that time is a huge money oooooo. chai!!

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Sleekydee(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
his condition is really terrible, I remember last yr when I was installing prepaid meter at VGC, he always just walks ard the estate. all u need do to get his attention was chant " Jesus dey here" he did reply like 10times "he dey"

I felt rili sad, u labour for ur country n ur fellow country man still dupes u, ur country ignores u for almost a decade.

begs a big question.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Xisnin(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:
Omo na wa

Village ppu,una weydone

Come on shut up. Can't you read?
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by adetes: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
NFF should to his aid
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ymstar(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
that is why i don't joke with my prayer life in any position i see myself. Enjoying life to the fullest just know that you will come across some bad time if ur standing with God is awful ehn.......na d end be dat o

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Tecno66: 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
419 do the guy but why police no help am track the fools? Moreover, him no just put anything for ground pass cash? Collapse bank wound Okocha too na but the guy bounce like ball continue him life. God punish 419 them.
Zanas:
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has suffered a relapse of the emotional disorder that bugged him six years ago after he was defrauded by a clergy man and some fake oil businessmen, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Oruma, also the Golden Eaglets’ 1993 FIFA U-17 World Cup winning captain, was lured into a fake oil business in December 2012 in which he invested a whopping sum of N1.2billion without proper consultation after retiring from football.‎ And he consequently lost the investment.

“Wilson (Oruma) hasn’t really recovered from the emotional disorder which he suffered after he was duped,” his bossom friend Emakpor Dibofun revealed.

“He has been to several places in search of a lasting solution, but it gets worse after a bit of improvement.”

A former Nigeria international and former Chairman of Lagos State Football Association, Waidi Akanni, also added that plans by Oruma’s ex teammates to help resuscitate him to normal life is ongoing.

“We have contacted some of his colleagues whom he played with during his days at the national team and there have been positive news regarding what we are trying to do,”Akanni told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“But nothing more I can discuss publicly just yet, but he needs help.

“We just pray all goes well, so we can help him out of this precarious situation.”

Oruma featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, Oruma starred for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired at the age of 33 on November 26, 2010.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oruma-suffers-relapse-e%E2%80%8Emotional-disorder-ex-teammates-rally-support/?app=browser_card&uc_param_str=dnfrpfbivesvchmtsscpgimibtbmntniladsnwkt&opt=list_auto&uc_biz_str=action%3Abase.openwindow%7Cparam%3AS.object%3Dinfoflow%3BS.token%3D1002%3BS.scene%3D1002%3Bl.channel%3D10069901%3Bend&entry=browser&entry1=card&entry2=list&reco_id=47cd0831-066f-434c-ae78-f35d0e19cfda

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by miqos02(m): 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
hmmm
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Ten06(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abi na the juju when his mama worship dey worry am?
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Coldfeets: 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
bart10:
He scored a nice goal against Paraguay at France ‘98

He missed a very cool penalty against Senegal in Mali 2002 African Nations Cup.

I almost died that very day.

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Uyeye(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
What a wicked world..... May the fraudsters know mo peace!

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by talk2emma: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
God will see you true bro
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by atilla(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
I wonder if he has a wife and children? And where his extended family would be now. They need to rally on social media and his old teammates.

This is really too sad

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Zanas:
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has suffered a relapse of the emotional disorder that bugged him six years ago after he was defrauded by a clergy man and some fake oil businessmen, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Oruma, also the Golden Eaglets’ 1993 FIFA U-17 World Cup winning captain, was lured into a fake oil business in December 2012 in which he invested a whopping sum of N1.2billion without proper consultation after retiring from football.‎ And he consequently lost the investment.

“Wilson (Oruma) hasn’t really recovered from the emotional disorder which he suffered after he was duped,” his bossom friend Emakpor Dibofun revealed.

“He has been to several places in search of a lasting solution, but it gets worse after a bit of improvement.”

A former Nigeria international and former Chairman of Lagos State Football Association, Waidi Akanni, also added that plans by Oruma’s ex teammates to help resuscitate him to normal life is ongoing.

“We have contacted some of his colleagues whom he played with during his days at the national team and there have been positive news regarding what we are trying to do,”Akanni told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“But nothing more I can discuss publicly just yet, but he needs help.

“We just pray all goes well, so we can help him out of this precarious situation.”

Oruma featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, Oruma starred for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired at the age of 33 on November 26, 2010.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oruma-suffers-relapse-e%E2%80%8Emotional-disorder-ex-teammates-rally-support/?app=browser_card&uc_param_str=dnfrpfbivesvchmtsscpgimibtbmntniladsnwkt&opt=list_auto&uc_biz_str=action%3Abase.openwindow%7Cparam%3AS.object%3Dinfoflow%3BS.token%3D1002%3BS.scene%3D1002%3Bl.channel%3D10069901%3Bend&entry=browser&entry1=card&entry2=list&reco_id=47cd0831-066f-434c-ae78-f35d0e19cfda
the sheeples will call diz a divine temptation and even liken him to job...Yea u heard me right....If not why are the sheeples quitecuz diz was not freezewhy aren't they attacking the oruma and op for having the guts to reveal a clergy kleptomania defrauded a one time sheeple...Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by klax(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oh oh why do somebody did this to this guy why? This is very unfair despite his naiveness as a result of over trusting people put him in these mess.

Such huge amount gone just like that? Hhmm..this is why I hate anything yahoo or G crap with passion. It doesn't matter how it happen ed either through clergyman or non clergy man yahoo is yahoo I have no pity on these guys at all now see how they messed Oruma up.

Pls whoever know how to reach him kindly drop it here I would like to reach him personally pls.

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Artistree: 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Queenext:
NAwa,I wonder how scammer sleep at night,knowing that they have sow seed of sorrow in another man's life.

Get well soon,bro
My thoughts exactly, my chest hurts reading his story. How do the scammers feel now, seeing him in this state?

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
he invested unwisely , illiteracy is a disease
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
I don't remember the year it was but I was young and there was a football tournament. Nigeria was playing against a team I cannot remember now and Oruma was great. We won and I remember how I and other occupants of my old street danced all night, back and forth to his father's house down the street, in warri, chanting 'Wilson Oruma'.

It saddens me to see him so.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ebujany(m): 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
Wow...shocking
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by wink2015(m): 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
I hope his condition do not deteriorate to the UGLY SITUATION that we all saw in the late Super Eagle Skipper, Rashidi Yekini.

Although Unlike Wilson Oruma whose issue is centred on financial upheavals, Yekini had mental health problems. ( somehow spiritual ) - home trouble, village problem according to our LOCAL PALANCES here in Nigeria and Africa.

My thought and prayer goes to him and his immediate family and I wish him quick recovery and the annointing of the touch of the Good Lord for 2018.

Footballers do not have it easily in life.

We know of the Austin Okocha ( Jay Jay ) who lost his big time Uk SAVINGS in the Saraki infamous bank, Societe General.

We know of the big loss suffered by Daniel Amokachi "THE BULL" in the Indonesia stock exchange where he bought shares and the stock exchange in Indonesia went down.

We know of Julius Aghaowa ( popularly known for his acrobatic display ) after scoring superb goals, who was tied down by long term contract in the Ukraine that he could not move to western europe to enter profitable clubs.

We know of Etim Esin whose International football career in Belgium sank to a close when he was accused of raping Belgium girls.

Their stories is endless but I think footballers need some level of education and God's grace to carry through successfully.

Life is full of risk and it cuts across people of all background both professional and non professional.

10 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by sekavbasil: 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
I met him at Victoria Garden City (VGC) shopping mall few months ago and we spoke for some minutes and he was telling me about Jesus. He is now a born again christian

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by mcgaius: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oh! no wonder he behaves the way he do whenever i meet him during lunch at Mega chicken Lekki.Eh ya,he is such a guy with good sense of humor and always shouting "I love you Jesus" which is his slogan.

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by infohenry(m): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
His pastor Cum Shell contractor brother Willanson is painting warri red with state of art automobiles. I don't get it.
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by sinisters(m): 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thunder mixed with fire and brimstone fall on all those who duped this guy of all hai sweat .

They will never know peace in Jesus name. I pray God 'll restore all he has lost too

4 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ikorodureporta: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
Pippu wicked sha
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Meritocracy: 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
All those putting data bonanza and those testify are all fraudsters, they are working together. Nairalander should beware not to fall Mugun.

5 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by AuroraB(f): 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
deco22:
How can you be defrauded of 1.2 billion naira and remain the same.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Funny but not funny embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ufuosman(m): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
let thy healing power of thy Lord come upon him

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by AngelicBeing: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
wink2015:
I hope his condition do not deteriorate to the UGLY SITUATION that we all saw in the late Super Eagle Skipper, Rashidi Yekini.

Although Unlike Wilson Oruma whose issue is centred on financial upheavals, Yekini had mental health problems. ( somehow spiritual ) - home trouble, village problem according to our LOCAL PALANCES here in Nigeria and Africa.

I thought and prayer goes to him and I wish him quick recovery and the annointing of the touch of the Good Lord for 2018.

Footballers do not have it easily in life.

We know of the Austin Okocha ( Jay Jay ) who lost his big time Uk SAVINGS in the Saraki infamous bank, Societe General.

We know of the big loss suffered by Daniel Amokachi "THE BULL" in the Indonesia stock exchange where he bought shares and the stock exchange in Indonesia went down.

We know of Julius Aghaowa ( popularly known for his acrobatic display ) after scoring superb goals, who was tied down by long term contract in the Ukraine that he could not move to western europe to enter profitable clubs.

We know of Etim Esin whose International football career in Belgium sank to a close when he was accussed of raping Belgium girls.

Their stories is endless.
sad

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ikorodureporta: 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
How many pippu watchd him & kanu @ Japan'93 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by semyman: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
perverts won't see the hand of the yahoo.boyz in suite in these now. Using the bible and the licence of jesus is lord to dupe people serially

5 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by churchee: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
If this guy retired from football and decided to live a lavish life on 1.2 billion, people will say he's a fool.
Now he tries to invest and he's duped.

What kind of LIFE is this?

7 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by poweredcom(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
1.2 billa no be small bread oo

the man go don suffer a lot for womanhands.....especially even families.....

imagine ....oil business..no be sure biz to put money o so many bad people there.....na bear bear biz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Statue Of Mohammed Salah Unveiled In Egypt (Photo) / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Celebrate Copa Del Rey Trophy Win (Photos,Video) / Kylian Mbappe: PSG Accepts Al Hilal's £259m For Wantaway French Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.