Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help (42004 Views)

‘I'm Perfectly Fine,’ Wilson Oruma Debunks Ill Health Rumour (Video, Photos) / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by HAH: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
Footballers should get financial advisors that will give them direction, or they can invest with asset managers, sadly most of them didn't go far in school the only thing they know is football and the life cycle of footballer's career is short.

I wish Oruma well, a boy of my age bracket I followed with nostalgia from 1993, may God be with you and you shall overcome

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by fridaraku: 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
this is serious, my God, Wilson Oruma ke, Oh God have mercy and help him
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by brodalikeme(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is pathetic. He should gather himself together , sell any valuable property he has and get a coaching job.

The old saying still stands, the down fall of a man is not the end of his life. When you are alive in a hole you crawl your way out.

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by kingthreat(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
Sleekydee:
his condition is really terrible, I remember last yr when I was installing prepaid meter at VGC, he always just walks ard the estate. all u need do to get his attention was chant " Jesus dey here" he did reply like 10times "he dey"

I felt rili sad, u labour for ur country n ur fellow country man still dupes u, ur country ignores u for almost a decade.

begs a big question.

Its not about his country. His country did the best for him. But bloody scammers ripped him off. So tragic

4 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by olmoRoc: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:
Omo na wa

Village ppu,una weydone

Village people? His father had a very big shrine in Warri (igbe shrine), which was usually parked full with worshippers.

4 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ebk10(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Goddammit oruma with the braids shocked NFF should do something ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Akolawole(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
deco22:
How can you be defrauded of 1.2 billion naira and remain the same.

That's exaggeration though !

The money he make in those days cannot be as much as that but should be enough to make him comfortable for life.
Captain fantastico of Japan 1993.

3 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Akolawole(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
HAH:
Footballers should get financial advisors that will give them direction, or they can invest with asset managers, sadly most of them didn't go far in school the only thing they know is football and the life cycle of footballer's career is short.

Agreed.

They live as if there is no tomorrow
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Trust no one,no true friend

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by 321A4(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:
Omo na wa

Village ppu,una wey
which village people. Na G boys
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by oluwaahmed: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
That is why I keep telling my working class peeps, that any person who comes to you with a biz idea dat seems good, just wanna take advantage of the fact that your job doesn't give u time to investigate. His whole money so sad
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by ksbusari(m): 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
y r these pple so dumb.
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Veetee(m): 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
Queenext:
NAwa,I wonder how scammer sleep at night,knowing that they have sow seed of sorrow in another man's life.

Get well soon,bro

This is what usually happens to those white folks yahoo boys scam of huge sums
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Sagay212: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Maybe he should never have come back to Nigeria. The guy has been really messed up. I always pity him anytime I see him. Too bad.
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Bhella5(m): 5:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Who does that sef, investing all ur life savings on a business u had no idea about. Which school did he go? I also thought he is a warri boy. I feel for him sha. Beware of some so called MOG. They are wolves in a sheep's coat.
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by akigbemaru: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
Zanas:
Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma, has suffered a relapse of the emotional disorder that bugged him six years ago after he was defrauded by a clergy man and some fake oil businessmen, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Oruma, also the Golden Eaglets’ 1993 FIFA U-17 World Cup winning captain, was lured into a fake oil business in December 2012 in which he invested a whopping sum of N1.2billion without proper consultation after retiring from football.‎ And he consequently lost the investment.

“Wilson (Oruma) hasn’t really recovered from the emotional disorder which he suffered after he was duped,” his bossom friend Emakpor Dibofun revealed.

“He has been to several places in search of a lasting solution, but it gets worse after a bit of improvement.”

A former Nigeria international and former Chairman of Lagos State Football Association, Waidi Akanni, also added that plans by Oruma’s ex teammates to help resuscitate him to normal life is ongoing.

“We have contacted some of his colleagues whom he played with during his days at the national team and there have been positive news regarding what we are trying to do,”Akanni told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“But nothing more I can discuss publicly just yet, but he needs help.

“We just pray all goes well, so we can help him out of this precarious situation.”

Oruma featured for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, Oruma starred for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired at the age of 33 on November 26, 2010.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oruma-suffers-relapse-e%E2%80%8Emotional-disorder-ex-teammates-rally-support/?app=browser_card&uc_param_str=dnfrpfbivesvchmtsscpgimibtbmntniladsnwkt&opt=list_auto&uc_biz_str=action%3Abase.openwindow%7Cparam%3AS.object%3Dinfoflow%3BS.token%3D1002%3BS.scene%3D1002%3Bl.channel%3D10069901%3Bend&entry=browser&entry1=card&entry2=list&reco_id=47cd0831-066f-434c-ae78-f35d0e19cfda
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by profmallor: 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
Those who dupe people of their hard earned money often include a bit of black magic to delude the victim. I pray he recovers financially, emotionally and spiritually in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by MrOlai: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
What a wicked world!

embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by des4ella(m): 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2018
One of my favorite attacking midfielder in super eagles..I remembered how we trekked from Emenbrien street, okumagba avenue down to warri/sapele road in jubilation because you( Oruma) was part of the victorious dream team Atlanta 96. May God heal u and restore all that u have lost.....I hope say your papa igbe(jazz) matter no follow for wetin dey do u?.

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Sanctus1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
i.2 billion ..chai....me only 100k go put me for coma sef...its really terrible

2 Likes

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
I feel for dis guy ooooo...
Used to expect the transition from Okocha To Oruma To Obodo Back den....
How a pastor take scam Warri boy get sontin under oooo...
May God heal him tho....

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by room089: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oh! Lord God, please don't allow what is bigger than us to come our way!

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by DSoj(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
The pastor no get name?
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Trexnemesis(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
E no go beta for 419 people.

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by learnedman(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
Chuoiii!! Naija! fake Pastor,Fake oil business,fake politicians,fake change etc etc, haa N1.2 b ? that must be his entire life savings,from Prince to pauper? May God help him,Nigeria jagajaga,everything scatter scatter.......
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by OyinO: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
elyte89:
Omo na wa

Village ppu,una weydone

Brainwashed NOLLYWOOD MENTALITY
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
A fool and his money are easily parted.

Abeg, good riddance!

1 Like

Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by 400billionman: 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
Megatrix:
Na wa o, I remember when this guy retire from football, e talk say e wan enter ministry so na the pastors dem dupe am last last

U mean they prophesy give am ?
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by billyG(m): 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2018
na kolomental dey giv sweet name like dis emotional kini,okocha was duped of his savings in saraki's bank may jah help him.
Re: Wilson Oruma Suffers Relapse Of Emotional Disorder, Ex Teammates Call For Help by evy800(f): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
Vinstel:
The NFF should come to his aid. I know he's from the same area with Amaju pinnick, he should be aware of this nah
Amaju pinnick keh, that 1 dat is busy workin 4 his pocket, abeg tok another tin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sergio Aguero Drops Premier League Title In Street Parade (Photos) / Funny Statue Of Mohammed Salah Unveiled In Egypt (Photo) / Lionel Messi, Barcelona Players Celebrate Copa Del Rey Trophy Win (Photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.