Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Promised 23 Million Votes For GEJ During 2015 Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Promised 23 Million Votes For GEJ During 2015 Election (20188 Views)

OBJ Prefers PMB To Jail Him Than For GEJ To Ruin Nigeria - My Watch / Jigawa Residents Receive N5000 Promised By Buhari During 2015 Campaign / How Plans To Kidnap Attahiru Jega During 2015 Election Failed – Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Promised 23 Million Votes For GEJ During 2015 Election by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
BetaThings:

I don't get it. Do I have the right to kill you because you provoke me?
What is the purpose of the judicial system
Would you think it is right for people to kill Fulanis if the Fulanis provoke people by destroying their farmlands

The root cause is t he inability to recognise property rights
Centuries ago, nobody bought land. They just take it over or fight to take it over
These days people who used to to send out goats and hens to feed in the community have started confining them in modern poultry
Why can we not confine cattle
By the way why is street trading/hawking (another traditional means of livelihood) banned in a lot of states and we are still having cattle roaming around

No one has a right to kill (except in self defence) however, whenever the system of justice fails, there is a natural tendency for victims or their relatives to lose faith and therefore take the laws into their hands.

The problem with the Fulani is that they have become too successful at taking the law into their hands, after they must have been harassed/violated or exploited by local communities (a fact that is often ignored and unreported by our biased media). Had the Fulanis been the ones at the receiving end, I can assure you that nobody would care let alone raise the matter to our national conscience - as we presently have in the case of the Benue ppl etc.

Yes the root cause of the problem is about respect for property, in this case, land for grazing vs land for farming; however, what is not apparent to most of you is the fact that most of the officially recognised grazing routes of the Fulanis, predating colonial times, have been gradually taken over by farmlands.
The proposed grazing bill, which majority in south are against (based purely on sentiments) is primarily aimed at redressing this encroachment into established traditional Fulani grazing grounds and therefore reduce the potential for conflict between farmers and herdsmen in order for peace to reign once again.

Unfortunately, due to one-sided media reporting and politicisation of the conflict, many ppl seem to want to bring to an end the Fulani nomadic way of life by imposition of laws that ban open grazing as well as to block the proposed grazing bill - in the false belief that these measures would solve the problem, without looking beyond their prejudices (tribal, religious and political) and instead at the implication of stranding thousands of Fulani cattle and their armed young men with nowhere to go.

Even as we speak now there is a dangerous unfolding consequence of edging the Fulani out of the way of life, as many of their youths have turned to armed robbery and kidnapping of a deadly kind - the Kaduna/Abuja Rd. and Kaduna/Birnin Gwari route to Lagos are now very dangerous highways to travel on.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Promised 23 Million Votes For GEJ During 2015 Election by justiz5(m): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
BetaThings:

A post like your own is the reason why some are still sticking with Buhari
You are pretending that nobody was killed under Jonathan
But you are dramatising deaths under Buhari
Will a sincere person listen to you?

I really believe that Buhari is too silent on this issue of herdsmen
We are telling him
But did you tell Jonathan and will you tell Atiku/Dankwabo?
I fear not!
Go back and read my posts how I criticised Jonathan.
I campaigned for PMB.

I might have sacrifised for PMB more than you.

Just like Rev Father Mbaka said and I quote ''I will be the first to criticise PMB if he fails''

That's exactly what I am doin.
The Dullard has got no sympathy from me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Captures Marte LGA In Borno State / 10 Statutory Delegates From Each State Must Sign Presidential Forms - APC / 2023: Peter Obi Won’t Win South-west – Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.