Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor (42606 Views)

Farooq Kperogi: I Warned Bola Tinubu That This Day Would Come / Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari / Benue Killings: I Have Documentary Evidence Against Miyetti Allah – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by lanocfoods: 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

The Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, on Thursday said he warned his Benue State counterpart, Samuel Ortom, against implementing the state anti-grazing law recently passed into law.

Lalong said this in an interview with State House correspondents shortly after meeting President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said his position was that it was wrong to start implementing the law without proper alternatives. The governor said Plateau was enjoying peace at the moment because his government brought everyone, including farmers and herdsmen, together

http://punchng.com/benue-killings-i-warned-ortom-says-plateau-governor/
Dear Lalong now is not a time to play blame games and politicize these killings

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by blimeyVic(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
How can we be ranting about chibok girls when there are more horrific and avoidable crimes being committed in our country and against our people.

If one person is shot in France, the whole Europe shakes.

If we don't value the lives of our citizens, no one would, not even in Libya.

Should a serving leader be making such a reckless statement as this? " I warned you".

Are these killers ghosts? Are they untouchable? Are they innumerable?

Some things are better left unsaid, however, the citizenry should question the wealth of their Leaders' understanding of the concept of authority and the various power bases.

# God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Gbagbazios: 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
What do you expect when you have state coersive apparatus situated or if you like, domiciled in the hands of a particular ethnic group whose brothers are the marauders ravaging and rampaging the less important tribes.
The truth is that the herdsmen, like the supporter of APC of Sudan, are executing the agenda of the born to rule breed. They are gradually encircling the nation. The time for us to unite and face a common enemy is now. Nigerians ronu!

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by mohims(m): 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
Ortom , Lalong , Bauchi governor, jigawa, ugwuanyi joined with yahaya Bello are mistake that will be corrected in 2019
Please speak for your own state. We in the Plateau are enjoying Lalong's government. He is trying. Stop talking as if you know what will happen tomorrow
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by uvalued(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
Ortom , Lalong , Bauchi governor, jigawa, ugwuanyi joined with yahaya Bello are mistake that will be corrected in 2019

Enemy of the state...

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
Confirmation Lalong is laSilly.

What a thing to say. So the savage killer reaction is somewhat justified because of a law some people don't like? What of the deaths in Plateau?

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by samsono30: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Pls make una leave our Mumu governor alone, the 33 beer wey him drink never clear for he eye. very useless and hopeless mistake plateau people made, but God's willing we wld send both him and Buhari parking 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by jamesibor: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

The Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, on Thursday said he warned his Benue State counterpart, Samuel Ortom, against implementing the state anti-grazing law recently passed into law.

Lalong said this in an interview with State House correspondents shortly after meeting President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said his position was that it was wrong to start implementing the law without proper alternatives. The governor said Plateau was enjoying peace at the moment because his government brought everyone, including farmers and herdsmen, together

Plateau enjoying peace? Smh!

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by felix000000(m): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
Buhari included.

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by petitejolie(f): 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
seunmsg:
Lalong must be very silly to have said this nonsense. If he has no reasonable thing to say, he should just kept shut. There is no justification whatsoever for the cold blooded murder of innocent Benue people by the criminal herdsmen.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Omeokachie: 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalong the conquered governor.

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Godsonkemz(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oga lalong pls shut the Bleep up. Just be happy they never remember your state yet. Implementing anti-grazing law has nothing to do with this. If your assumptions are right, why are they afraid of Ekiti state?

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Baroba(m): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

Am more concerned about Ugwuanyi, that obese elephant needs to be booted out of lion house.. describing him as useless is been kind..
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Oxalic(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
malton:
This mo.ron is a really useless leader!

Idiot!

Oh you are here. The man is useless and pathetic. He is an illiterate even if he is a Ph.d holder.

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Simplybami(f): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2018
How insensitive can one be? Is he now mocking Ortom? There is absolutely no justification for what is happening right now. God, I weep for my country.

4 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Atyodos: 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
iam very disappointed in this guy called laleng or whatever. Protect your people and leave Tivland.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 11, 2018
Why Ugwuanyi? What did he do Biko?
sarrki:
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by bahaushe1: 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

Lalong: I may not know much about his infrastructural achievement but he certainly has achieved something considerable on peace. He may have the magic formula.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Simplybami(f): 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
Agbaletu:
You are a useless governor, lalong

A very useless one, God I'm so angry!

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Atyodos: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
I'm sorry to say this lalong of a guy is silly I leave in Jos and see how his people are killed almost on daily basis without his so called non anti grazing law being in place there.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Premiumwriter: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
I find this actually funny grin
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Lamba22: 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
Lalong is doing well..... so count him out.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Machinegun91(m): 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalong your black ass will soon catch fire, idiot

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

I want to be a senator after being a governor. Ask Jonathan who wanted third term if pleasing them gave it to him
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by malton: 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Oxalic:

Oh you are here. The man is useless and pathetic. He is an illiterate even if he is a Ph.d holder.

Bros eh, the guy matter tire me.

I wonder who we must have wronged to deserve this calamity that befell us.

A devastating disaster struck Plateau State the day Lalong got elected.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by JonCina(m): 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
Imagine this Lalong also dey talk & no be say na better thing him talk!

Well, I'm not surprised, he has a lot of things in common with one man sitting on DALONG thing!

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by malton: 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
mohims:

Please speak for your own state. We in the Plateau are enjoying Lalong's government. He is trying. Stop talking as if you know what will happen tomorrow

And in what regards exactly is he "trying"?!
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by nothernstar: 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
DemonInSiege:
How can you bring farmers and Fulani criminals together?

not just criminal but terrorist.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by DemonInSiege: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2018
nothernstar:
not just criminal but terrorist.

The federal government said they are mere criminals and not terrorists

IPOB are the main terrorists

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Matam(f): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
I can't believe Lalong has the gut to voice out such thing while Fulanis are still attacking his people in the villages. His Benue counterpart is more of a man than him that is busy licking Buhari's ass.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Yankee101: 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

It is a Federation. You can't force States to make only laws that suit you. Every state has the right to make laws that's suitable for its indegenes irrespective of what visitors think. That's why Lagos State is the only State in Nigeria that has world class indices of development.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by kenoc: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
[quote author=crazydude1 post=64106336] undecided Different strokes for different folks. The fact that the anti-grazing bill worked in Ekiti doesn't mean it will work in Benue.

Buhari sef...This man is clueless. This Fulani herdsmen menace is becoming rampant and he's doing absolutely NOTHING to curb it.[/quote

Anti-grazing bill should work in every states of Nigeria, but because all our leaders are afraid that if you do anything against Buhari or his Fulani brothers, EFCC will rise against you because all of them (politicians) are not clean at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Buhari Suspends Onnoghen, Tells ‘biafra Family' What To Do / Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.