Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,695 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor (42607 Views)

Farooq Kperogi: I Warned Bola Tinubu That This Day Would Come / Benue Killings: I Reprimanded IGP Quietly - Buhari / Benue Killings: I Have Documentary Evidence Against Miyetti Allah – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by refreshrate: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
Ortom , Lalong , Bauchi governor, jigawa, ugwuanyi joined with yahaya Bello are mistake that will be corrected in 2019

Cock-rochas too

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by mohims(m): 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
malton:

And in what regards exactly is he "trying"?!
He is the only governor who pays workers their salary promptly. He doesn't owe any worker a dime, peace returned to the plateau ever since he became governor because he carried everyone along without being tribalistic like his predecessor. He is God sent. He doesn't need to campaign in 2019 because he is most likely going to be re-elected
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by mrskillz: 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
Dear Ortom,

Can you prevent flood from eroding a community by fencing it off? No. Because the flood might get fierce and break down the fence. So You create viable channel or alternative for the flood to pass without affecting your community.
That is the analogy.
The governor ought to be smart enough to provide sustainable alternative for the herdsmen in term of ranching.

Bring in investors that will build standard ranches that guarantees enough water, food, security and treatment for the the cows.

Then woo the Influential associations of the cattle rearers to see reasons why the built ranches will guarantee much more productivity and security for their lives and their cows.

Continue to work with the various associations of both farmers and herders by having meeting with them at least every month.

Secure the state boundaries by conducting aerial surveillance by adequately equipping the state police with necessary apparatus.

Form the state vigilante group that works closely with the police. This vigilante group should be well trained home and abroad

Continue to lobby the federal government to strengthen the border security across northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Jlow2: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
its a pity plateau state is already a hausa/fulani conquered territory

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by BuzyBrain(m): 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
Ortom , Lalong , Bauchi governor, jigawa, ugwuanyi joined with yahaya Bello are mistake that will be corrected in 2019
Lol that last name should have come first

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by emmie14: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
DonFabzy:
Were are all the millions of people that were shouting Sai Buhari or whatever?

Sick and traumatized

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by ctex4real(m): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Lalong is what you call a Fulani house nigger , always ready to lick the withering frail fungi infested balls of the grand patron ..
jeez who be this guy? U funny I swear grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by SoaringLife01: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2018
Plateau State Governor is bereft of leadership skills. Benue State Governor is on track and we Deltans expect our Governor to do same.But I am afraid with this statement,other governors will be scared.
It is crystal clear that Nigeria is under attack and the Fulani herdsmen are being used as the vessels/accomplices to carry out this sinister plans.
Fulani herdsmen are always seen with their cattle,how come they leave their cattle behind before going for their bloodletting activities?
To checkmate the evil plan of these master-minders,every state in the South South/South West/South East should enforce anti-grazing bill.This will checkmate the movement of the herdsmen since they are now being used as vehicles for violence
We all hope that this killing of innocent Benue indigines does not spiral into chain reaction of violence.
Nigeria's Intelligence Family( DSS, NIA, Military Intelligence) should step up their game and put aside sentiments.
God save Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by ogwucheveekee(f): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Abeg oo.. Most benue people are farmers especially tiv people.. We can't blend with the fulanis ooo bikooooo

2 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Parcel(m): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:
And Buhari

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by amnesty7: 9:38pm On Jan 11, 2018
The bitter truth. Now he's running helter skelter.

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by mmshell: 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
Plateau State Governor should learn this ---- You don't need to bribe your enemy to live peace with...

or

You live bribing - devise a means.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Guyman02: 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalong has just shot himself on the foot, this comment will be used against him in future

3 Likes

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by barnsB: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2018
Governor Lalong, we wish you the best as we watch you enjoy your so called peace in the coming years
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
sarrki:

The Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong, on Thursday said he warned his Benue State counterpart, Samuel Ortom, against implementing the state anti-grazing law recently passed into law.

Lalong said this in an interview with State House correspondents shortly after meeting President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said his position was that it was wrong to start implementing the law without proper alternatives. The governor said Plateau was enjoying peace at the moment because his government brought everyone, including farmers and herdsmen, together

http://punchng.com/benue-killings-i-warned-ortom-says-plateau-governor/
at least he tried only almakura and him spoke. No position from all the APC governors on the mishap on their colleagues. Could the two have spoken the minds of the others? Thinking aloud
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by francizy(m): 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
Tallesty1:
Ugwuanyi? Are you mad?

Uguanyi, Okorocha, Elechi, Ikpeazu and Obiano are all foolish lillylivered idiots. I'll never support those fools ruling my region because the last thing they'd ever do is stand for their people. They rather kiss the feet of Buhari than stand for their people..

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Cchuks27(m): 10:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalong is a coward. How did this man win the elections please?

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Meti99(m): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
Lalong is a foolish coward.

This man don't know he is only postponing the day of evil.
A leader should be proactive and think into the future. His cowardness is a danger for the generations coming.
Ode somebody
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by maasoap(m): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
delugajackson:
grin

And this is coming from a state governor.

Is he justifying their evil doings? Its a pity we have these kind of people as leaders.
No, he wasn't justifying the killings. He was talking about leaders that always take rash decisions without wider consultation. They are usually ending up with bigger problems on their hands.
Even in the south, many governors refused to pass anti open grazing law because they know that the blowback could be more disastrous if alternative is not made available.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Meti99(m): 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2018
maasoap:

No, he wasn't justifying the killings. He was talking about leaders that always take rash decisions without wider consultation. They are usually ending up with bigger problems on their hands.
Even in the south, many governors refused to pass anti open grazing law because they know that the blowback could be more disastrous if alternative is not made available.

This is one of problems of nigeria
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by annalex: 11:40pm On Jan 11, 2018
We need to change the change in this country this Governors are not serious.........I stand with benue people at this time.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by mcggy(m): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Where's the peace on the Plateau Mr governor? The Bassa massacre is still fresh. Is that what you called peace? Your so call peace was simply a sell out. You've sold out Jos North local govt to the Hausa's...February local govt election will prove you wrong. You pacified them with political appointments and called that peace? It's a grave yard peace. Until Christians will begin to live in angwan rogo and Muslims in jenta adamu then we can celebrate your peace. Anyway, thank God Otom did not listen to your advice. It would have been a case of a blind man trying to lead another. For your information there will be no going back on the ban on open grazing. Tell this to Buhari
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by ofwest47(m): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Is Lalong justifying the killings by the herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by enlady(f): 3:02am On Jan 12, 2018
Lalong spoke like one at a beer parlour. Watched him on channels tv. So insensitive and callous!
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by mamawin(f): 3:31am On Jan 12, 2018
Fools everywhere!
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Henri8: 3:53am On Jan 12, 2018
Lalong and dalung are both brainless people from plateau state.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Zionman24: 5:43am On Jan 12, 2018
Foolishness. You warned him for doing the right thing?
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by reality2019(m): 6:18am On Jan 12, 2018
This lalong think Fulani are people to settled quarrel with,these set of gov. Deserve change 2019.Elrufai,lalong,ortum,yahaya bello,Mohammed abubakar,badiru.etc
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by reality2019(m): 6:18am On Jan 12, 2018
This lalong think Fulani are people to settled quarrel with,these set of gov. Deserve change 2019.Elrufai,lalong,ortum,yahaya bello,Mohammed abubakar,badiru.the change leader BUHARI.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by Turantula(m): 7:00am On Jan 12, 2018
Tallesty1:
Ugwuanyi? Are you mad?
Maybe not! Remember, the prayer and fasting governor undecided
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by drealzum(m): 7:28am On Jan 12, 2018
Please be lenient with your comment on my governor. Those close to him say he is an unrepentant drunk. I belived he said those statements under the influence...... after cancelling some bottles.

It's unfortunate plateau people voted this clown..... He is a joke and I don't know how manage he became a lawyer.
Re: Benue Killings: I Warned Ortom, He Did Not Listen Says... Plateau Governor by fof1: 7:58am On Jan 12, 2018
sarrki:

@SARRKI.. ARE U DIFFERENT FROM ANY OF D PERSONS U LISTED.? U ARE A MISTAKE HERE,DECEIVING URSELF AND BLINDLY DECEIVING OTHER FOOLS LIKE U IN UR POLITICAL MADNESS & UNLEVELED DISTORTIONS...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Buhari Suspends Onnoghen, Tells ‘biafra Family' What To Do / Goodluck Jonathan Promotes One Nigeria; IGBOS React. / Real Reason Why Atiku Did Not Consult SE Governors Before Picking Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.