Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Sinners in Christ Embassy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sinners in Christ Embassy (3518 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Sinners in Christ Embassy by NicolasN: 11:22pm On Apr 10, 2010
See wetin I see ooooo.

"Christ Embassy members shock Pastor Chris Steal N60m church funds"

Chinelo, 21, told Saturday Sun that she wanted to be among the beneficiaries of the prophecy of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
According to her, the pastor always talked about speedy prosperity propelled by making the use of available opportunities.
“It’s all about prosperity, increase in speed. That is what Pastor chris taught us in church. That is my own interpretation of what I did. My mind convinced me to toe that path, since I have been seeing all kinds of fraudulent people in the church, and know how they get rich. I thought that if actually they got rich through all these means, I could also get rich doing what I did.”
Chinelo explained that she got the inspiration through the fat accounts of their former managing Director, Pastor Foluke.
According to her: our madam sent Miriam to check her balance, using the ATM machine. She came back and told me that she saw N4 million each in tow of her accounts. I wondered why my madam, whose salary is N62, 000 a month should have such an amount in her account. I remembered that she had been telling me to transfer money from accounts. She also collected money from me when I was handling cash in the bulk unit, saying she was investing. I now realized what she had been doing with all the money she asked me to withdraw and give her. I never knew what is was all about, but when I checked I got the answer. I told Miriam of my plans and she agreed.
“We opened accounts and transferred  money into them and thereafter shared it among ourselves. When Mabel discovered what we were doing, I also advised her to join us or die as a pauper, since we were paid N25, 000 a month. She agreed and we continued withdrawing till the fraud was discovered.”
Chinelo, a Guidance and Counseling graduate, revealed that such fraud has been going on undetected because the bank is not well structured. Also, she said that none of the staff had banking experience.
The lady said: The bank is not well-structured. They do not have any professionals running it. We run the bank ourselves. Our madam, who is about 32 years, does not have any working experience. We all started the bank together in November 2008. We were employed through a memo sent to our pastors that they needed hands at the bank. We did not go for any banking training. The madam of the bank does not know anything about banking. We read books to learn about banking.
“I got the job as a volunteer staff of Christ embassy and my primary assignment was to work in the bank. By that time, we were not even given a licence by CBN to start running the bank. I have confessed and asked God to forgive me and I believe He has. My parents are aware, as they asked me to come and report myself and confess everything that I have done.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/apr/10/living-10-04-2010-003.htm

Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Patience4C: 12:11am On Apr 11, 2010
Na today!!! grin Like Pastor like followers. tongue
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Joagbaje(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2010
Why is so so evil report you guys enjoy to hear and spread. I,m yet to see you comment or report how many thousands led to christ in pastor Chris's crusade.

If a member committs a crime, you dont blame the pastor. No pastor will teach people to steal.

1 Cor. 13:6
Love Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

If someone steals he needs help. Paul had some that stole in his churches , why dont you blame Paul

Ephes. 4:28
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Judas was a thief under Jesus nose , why dont you blame Jesus. Was Jesus still a man of God? yes or No?
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Enigma(m): 8:42am On Apr 11, 2010
Evidently the "gospel" preached and taught in Christ embassy by 'opaks Oyaks' Oyakhilome and his pastors encourages stealing! Reproduced below is part of a post I made on a parallel thread.

In March 2002, Lawrence Agada, an assistant pastor who was a cashier with the Lagos Sheraton Hotels and Towers, donated cash and gifts totaling N39 million to the church. Agada's donations were in installments. He bought a 2S0KVA generator valued at N4.4 million, and another 27KVA generator for NI.5 million, which he donated to a satellite branch of the church. Before then, he had given N6 million for the refurbishment of the branch, as well as N1 million for the purchase of plastic seats for the headquarters. Agada also contributed N1million to the success of a mega¬ crusade tagged Night of Bliss.

His parish pastor, who had no money for a trip to Australia, was given N400, 000. In appreciation, Oyakhilome wrote Agada: "May God, who gives seed to the sower and bread for eating, multiply your seeds in Jesus name." Rather than receive God's blessings, Agada became a guest of the police when his employers discovered that he had stolen from them to give to the church.

Agada's employers also insisted that Oyakhilome should refund the money. But the church issued a statement admitting that Agada made donations, but refused to make a refund. A year later, Gbenga Kehinde, another member, donated to the church in similar circumstances. Then an assistant manager with Eko International Bank, Kehinde stole about N40 million from his employers and donated N 10 million to the church. That also became a messy affair.

Source

ETA also: Christ Embassy & Stolen N39m: A Question of Integrity
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Enigma(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2010
Also. in reply to a response from Joagbaje I made the post reproduced below:

@Joagbaje

1. You say that Oyakhilome did not know the guy! Why then did Oyakhilome write to the guy and prophesy to the guy and the guy's wife directly?

He also have a commendation letter from Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (which contain some prophecies) to show for all his "generosity". In the letter of commendation the Pastor acknowledged the donation of a generator said to be valued at over N4m. Among other things stated in the letter which was signed by Oyakhilome, it reads; "I trust you are both fine and experiencing the glory of God in a greater measure laughing your way through, " The prophecy therein says; "In your life, God will do mighty things. He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world can't but take notice of you, in Jesus' name. Amen".

2. You ask if the guy gave the money to Oyakhilome and why should Oyakhilome refund money given to "God"? Well, I am not surprised that the CEC "god" is happy to receive stolen money! And of course I give you that stolen money given to CEC "pastors" is money given to the CEC "god" though not to the Almighty God. Again, below are the things/money the guy donated to the CEC "god" through the "church", can you still say these were not gifts to Chris and his organisation?

In March 2002, Lawrence Agada, an assistant pastor who was a cashier with the Lagos Sheraton Hotels and Towers, donated cash and gifts totaling N39 million to the church. Agada's donations were in installments. He bought a 2S0KVA generator valued at N4.4 million, and another 27KVA generator for NI.5 million, which he donated to a satellite branch of the church. Before then, he had given N6 million for the refurbishment of the branch, as well as N1 million for the purchase of plastic seats for the headquarters. Agada also contributed N1million to the success of a mega¬ crusade tagged Night of Bliss.
  and

The Pastor of the Ifako branch of Christ Embassy confirmed that Lawrence Agada is their right hand man in the church. Everything Agada claimed he bought for the church and all the money he donated were confirmed to be true. Most of these things were found in the premises of both the headquarters and branch churches of Christ Embassy.

3. Regarding your other defences of Oyakhilome, I will simply indict you with the following points and questions from the article Christ Embassy & Stolen N39m: A Question of Integrity:

Despite all these, the overall leadership of the church is seeking to affirm the legitimacy and legality of all they received from Agada.

The issues arising from all these are both fundamental and weighty. It is not first a matter of legality but of morality and integrity.

What kind of Pastor will be collecting millions of Naira regularly from a church member (who is just a company cashier) without wanting to know how the member was getting the money?

What kind of gospel is the likes of Agada and his wife hearing that made them believe that God can ask them to be stealing to support his work?

A church that says (through her attorney) that it is not her business to know how members of her flock is doing their work in their various offices definitely gives herself away as an irresponsible church. A church that does not care about how her members come about large sum of money given as donation (which is far beyond the regular earnings of such members) is fraudulent. Such an organization can easily take blood money as donations even from armed robbers just to promote "God's work". Every God fearing person ought to be weary of such churches. I wonder how members of Christ Embassy will feel now knowing that some of the money used to power their programs, the generating plants and even chairs used in their services are bought from stolen money.

[size=14pt]What kind of spirit is really at work in Christ Embassy?[/size]
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Zikkyy(m): 10:19am On Apr 11, 2010
Nicolas N.:

See wetin I see ooooo.

"Christ Embassy members shock Pastor Chris Steal N60m church funds"

Chinelo, 21, told Saturday Sun that she wanted to be among the beneficiaries of the prophecy of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.
According to her, the pastor always talked about speedy prosperity propelled by making the use of available opportunities.
“It’s all about prosperity, increase in speed. That is what Pastor chris taught us in church. That is my own interpretation of what I did. My mind convinced me to toe that path, since I have been seeing all kinds of fraudulent people in the church, and know how they get rich. I thought that if actually they got rich through all these means, I could also get rich doing what I did.”
Chinelo explained that she got the inspiration through the fat accounts of their former managing Director, Pastor Foluke.
According to her: our madam sent Miriam to check her balance, using the ATM machine. She came back and told me that she saw N4 million each in tow of her accounts. I wondered why my madam, whose salary is N62, 000 a month should have such an amount in her account. I remembered that she had been telling me to transfer money from accounts. She also collected money from me when I was handling cash in the bulk unit, saying she was investing. I now realized what she had been doing with all the money she asked me to withdraw and give her. I never knew what is was all about, but when I checked I got the answer. I told Miriam of my plans and she agreed.
“We opened accounts and transferred money into them and thereafter shared it among ourselves. When Mabel discovered what we were doing, I also advised her to join us or die as a pauper, since we were paid N25, 000 a month. She agreed and we continued withdrawing till the fraud was discovered.”
Chinelo, a Guidance and Counseling graduate, revealed that such fraud has been going on undetected because the bank is not well structured. Also, she said that none of the staff had banking experience.
The lady said: The bank is not well-structured. They do not have any professionals running it. We run the bank ourselves. Our madam, who is about 32 years, does not have any working experience. We all started the bank together in November 2008. We were employed through a memo sent to our pastors that they needed hands at the bank. We did not go for any banking training. The madam of the bank does not know anything about banking. We read books to learn about banking.
“I got the job as a volunteer staff of Christ embassy and my primary assignment was to work in the bank. By that time, we were not even given a licence by CBN to start running the bank. I have confessed and asked God to forgive me and I believe He has. My parents are aware, as they asked me to come and report myself and confess everything that I have done.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/apr/10/living-10-04-2010-003.htm

The ladies in the picture dont look like they stole N60million.
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Zikkyy(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2010
Joagbaje:

Why is so so evil report you guys enjoy to hear and spread. I,m yet to see you comment or report how many thousands led to christ in pastor Chris's crusade.

You have to consider the possibility that these thousands you refer to were not really led to Christ. Going by what and how you guys preach, there were just there to sort out financial and other problems that have little to do with salvation. The thing is you guys preach what you believe people want to hear so as to retain and win over new customers members. You might have thousands attending your crusade but the sad truth is that you've not made much impact on helping them live like a true christian should. Not when you spend more time telling them to grab their prosperity now (after all it's their entitlement) and teaching them to play God (after all they are god).
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by nuclearboy(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2010
@Zikky:

Yes, they don't look like they ever saw 600K talk less of 60 Million but have you considered the fact that CE acolytesmainly steal "for" CE? I wouldn't be suprised if investigations show they used ALL the money to "sponsor" night of bliss or prosperity convention or to but cars for pastor chris.

Talk about robbing "anita" to pay "chris" grin

BTW, I don't know why you bother to reply the "evil report" issue? Did you forget this thread and others like it threaten their "pots of soup"?
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Zikkyy(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Zikky:

Yes, they don't look like they ever saw 600K talk less of 60 Million but have you considered the fact that CE acolytesmainly steal "for" CE? I wouldn't be suprised if investigations show they used ALL the money to "sponsor" night of bliss or prosperity convention or to but cars for pastor chris.

Thanks. I forgot.
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Enigma(m): 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2010
Another point to throw in from the article:

It is not difficult to get to the root of why people like Agada and his wife initially believed it was God asking him to steal hotel money for church work. There must be a different type of spirit propelling them to take such money for the church; it definitely cannot be the Holy Spirit. Someone must be under some kind of very strong spell or might have been seriously bewitched to steal millions of naira without even building a house, buying a car or even buying shoes for himself.
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by KunleOshob(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
The spirit of the mamon god of CEC plc is really hard at work grin it is that evil spirit which they idolize in the church cult that drives them to steal in the name of god pastor chris.
Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by Joagbaje(m): 2:38pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Enigma.

Pastor Chris does not write letters to people for giving money. How many thousands will he write to. ? I have recieve letters as a partner , You are learned enough to know that all these letters and bulk Sms are computerized. Someone is incharge doing it on behalf of the man of God. I have recieved SMS from the state governor even voice mail or whatever. I know it was sent generally by computer. Imagine me going going aboutsaying that the governor has sent SMS TO ME!

1 Like

Re: Sinners in Christ Embassy by manmustwac(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2010

(1)

Does God Have An Ego? / Is It Biblical To Pay Bride-Price? If Yes, Prove It! / Jesus Christ Is The God Of The Old Testament In Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.