Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account (4337 Views)

Student Who Created Jonathan Parody Twitter Account Detained For 54 Days / "See My Buhari, See Natural Love, This Man Don Win" - Man As PMB Storms Warri / Oladelemi Philip Olubakin: NBA Took My Buhari Painting To Him As Birthday Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by MetroBaba1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
lionel4power:

AS A SEASONED CYBER SECURITY EXPERTS...

PS: Nigeria DSS are good...

I'll give you some good advice.
1) Tweet with your phone instead
2) if you must tweet with a PC endeavour to use a VPN
3) Don't share your contact details online EVER!!!
4) Don't link your Twitter account to any other social media account.
5) Review all apps you gave access to your Twitter account immediately. (Do it now)
6) Don't share your location with Twitter ( to be safe turn off your GPS LOCATOR)
7)
before you enter Twitter, type duckduckgo.com then type Twitter in the search box. it would automatically keep you safe online.
8 ) protect you TWEETS... go to..... option, under Settings > Security and Privacy, to protect your tweets , meaning only those followers you approve get access to them.

THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL
# DELETE ALL IMPLICATING TWEETS AND INFORMATION YOU POSTED IN ALL YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT NOW
# PUT A DISCLAIMER CLAUSE ON THE TWITTER ACCOUNT
#

Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by laudate: 12:37am On Jan 15, 2018
themonk:

If you are not lying, Unfortunately you will put your self in trouble due to ignorance.
No. 1: impersonation is a serious crime.
No. 2: that guy you mentioned gave you the best advice if you want to cash out.
Thank you for telling him. sad He is too busy feeling like a 'G' now, but when the security services get on his trail, he would regret it.

What he is doing on Twitter is called impersonation, and can even be construed as 'identity theft.' He could land in big trouble, if caught! Na Naija we dey, o!
Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by zynellsmum(f): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:
And a lot of ipob Vandals are already following him...
if iPob’s are vandals and what are you
Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2018
Dreamwaker:

Crypto kini, I never believed in all those things. They can pay to a family/friend/associate overseas and that person can send me the money that's if I decide to deactivate it but 250k naira is nothing for someone who works.
The account is not a parody account, you are outrightly impersonating the President. Parody accounts are obvious, yours is filled with deceit and intent to pose as a sitting president. This is fraud and dangerous especially at a time the Presidency is denying a tweet from the verified account of Mr. President.

You can be traced. It is actually in your interest to oblige them without asking for money. Remember to tender an apology for being ignorant about the consequences of your actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by amInigerian: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2018
OmoOshodi:
It's a bait to get to you .... To arrest and threating your life..... Even the wistleblower ... Dey tagged them "mad".... Your case go worse
Dreamwaker
I wanted to say that the money they are offering is even too small but I never even thought of this OmoOshodi 's view.
Please have zero references to your phone number/email on both your twitter account and here on nairaland (now that you have revealed here that you own that twitter handle).

1 Like

Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by amInigerian: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2018
Dreamwaker:

Crypto kini, I never believed in all those things. They can pay to a family/friend/associate overseas and that person can send me the money that's if I decide to deactivate it but 250k naira is nothing for someone who works.
It is like you want them to catch you cheaply because of just 250k.
If you mistakenly point to any of your relatives abroad, it won't take long before the DSS comes knocking on you door
in the dead of night.

Now, they know very well they cannot be chasing every parody account. But they know the way to go after these accounts is to just go after one (and catch that one and give good publicity to his overstretched detention without trial or without bail).

We all know citizens have this herd mentality in the way they respond. Others in the twitter space in which you operate will go and hide.
Those who were thinking of creating such accounts will pause and think twice about it before going down that social media route.

Bottom line, they just need a scape goat with which to instill fear into the others.

1 Like

Re: Got An Offer Of 250k Naira To Deactivate My Buhari Parody Twitter Account by Webman007: 11:13am On Jan 15, 2018
Dreamwaker:

Many working PEPs no even get ordinary 50K for deir Akant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Rated 5th Worst In The World / Codeine Is Sweet : Aisha Yesufu / PRESIDENCY, THIS IS WHERE RUGA IS SUPPOSE TO BE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.