Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. (873 Views)

Sad Moment As Man Caught His Newly Wedded Wife Cheating. Photos And Video. / Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Only Comes Home Once In A Week / What Apartment Is Best For A Newly Wedded Couple? (2) (3) (4)

How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by crystalllllllll: 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hello Nairalanders...

I am a newly wedded groom based out of the country. My wife is still in Nigeria and we have been debating how much would be proper I send to her monthly. She's holding her ground for N400,000.
Is this a fair amount to give her monthly?

N.B: She's not pregnant nor does she have a baby. House rent is not included.

Your advice will be much appreciated.
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2018
Yawnnnnnn!!! Sleep is coming
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tell her to look for a job to do or you can use like a million naira or More to start a business for her..
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by crystalllllllll: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Tell her to look for a job to do or you can use like a million naira or More to start a business for her..
What kind of a business would be ideal though. Though she would be joining me soonest.
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2018
crystalllllllll:

What kind of a business would be ideal though. Though she would be joining me soonest.
If she will be joining you very soon, then there is no need for the business..

I believe the 400,000 naira monthly depends on you..

If you can afford it, no problem..
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by crystalllllllll: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
DrinkLimca:
If she will be joining you very soon, then there is no need for the business..

I believe the 400,000 naira monthly depends on you..

If you can afford it, no problem..

I can afford it but I'm thinking its too much for just one person every month. My problem mainly stems from the fact that I've been away from Nigeria for a long time so I don't really know the cost of living. So I'm not so sure.
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Maxi112: 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2018
I will comment later!
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
crystalllllllll:

I can afford it but I'm thinking its too much for just one person every month. My problem mainly stems from the fact that I've been away from Nigeria for a long time so I don't really know the cost of living. So I'm not so sure.
you know she is not using the money for her self alone.

she has parents and siblings and things are really cost here in Nigeria..

so 400,000 naira will really take care of her..
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Weezyclan(m): 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
100000 monthly will be enough! since its only her

Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by madridguy(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2018
Chai, some people get money sha. 400K as monthly stipends tongue

Bros, don't know where your wife stays but even Rivers State and Bayelsa that considered as the most expensive states in Nigeria 400k is too much for her.

100K is enough and if you're sending additional it must be for a purpose.

My opinion though.

Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Yian1(m): 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
is she working
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by crystalllllllll: 11:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Yian1:
is she working

Currently she's not.
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by cocolacec(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
150k should be enough since she not working as obodo oyinbo wife

Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by madridguy(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
Working or not working 400K is damn much. Even couple with kids must not blow 400K in a month and not to talk of a person.

crystalllllllll:

Currently she's not.

Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Mrjo(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2018
This is excatly contract marriage, pls, go ahead and tell duration of the contract

Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by anibirelawal(m): 12:20am On Jan 15, 2018
100K would be nice... dont corrupt her with too much money,even though you have a lot of money.
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 15, 2018
crystalllllllll:
Hello Nairalanders...

I am a newly wedded groom based out of the country. My wife is still in Nigeria and we have been debating how much would be proper I send to her monthly. She's holding her ground for N400,000.
Is this a fair amount to give her monthly?

N.B: She's not pregnant nor does she have a baby. House rent is not included.

Your advice will be much appreciated.

Dude are you even serious at all? I want to assume you are earning in Dollars nothing more than $5,000 USD. So for that reason you want to give a lady 400k for monthly Stipend?

Some senior consultants in Nigeria don't even earn upto that money, 400k * 12 = 4.800 Million per Annum.

Let her go & work her ass off before you invite her over. Then she will know the True value of money.

Marriage is not poverty alleviation please. Before they Maga you. 100K is more than enough.

If it's car she needs, Kuku buy it for her straight away, Instead of her using Cunny Cunny way to gather the money.
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 15, 2018
madridguy:
Chai, some people get money sha. 400K as monthly stipends tongue

Bros, don't know where your wife stays but even Rivers State and Bayelsa that considered as the most expensive states in Nigeria 400k is too much for her.

100K is enough and if you're sending additional it must be for a purpose.

My opinion though.

Asin mehn, Money na bastard oh! 400k for bae? Mehn this guy is either a Footballer or a Doctor cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by crystalllllllll: 12:43am On Jan 15, 2018
Re: How Much Is Right To Give A Newly Wedded Wife In Nigeria. by Yian1(m): 12:48am On Jan 15, 2018
crystalllllllll:

Currently she's not.

if you can really afford it, and if she's not a slay wife, I think 200k is okay.

Husband Catches Wife Working As Prostitute In Club / Pls Hope I'm Right,my Girlfriend Ask Me Not To Called Her Mother / 3 Ways To Keep Your Woman Happy