Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Fear Of Failure, The Greatest Enemy Of Success-ikechi Chimanaya Emmanuel - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear Of Failure, The Greatest Enemy Of Success-ikechi Chimanaya Emmanuel (597 Views)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of Failure, The Greatest Enemy Of Success-ikechi Chimanaya Emmanuel by Jowanonline(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2018
Chapter 2
Most unsuccessful people in the world today failed because of the fear of failure. Experience has taught me that in life, what you are scared of, tends to come your way. When you are scared of failure, then you are likely to fail. Failure is not a determinant of value or worth. That you failed in a particular business, course, subjects, etc, does not imply that you can’t possibly succeed in that same course.

Eliminating the fear of failure is the first step towards becoming successful. Like I said in chapter one, failure only means you should do that of which you failed better this time. Failing is not wrong; there is nothing absolutely wrong with failing. Where it is wrong is when you fail and didn’t learn something from your failure. A famous motivational speaker John Mason said “if you fail, pick something” very important. Every failure comes with its lesson to make you perform better next time.

Success is for the bold and courageous. Little wonder the scripture admonishes us “to be strong and courageous” (Joshua 1vs 7). Success requires being courageous and strong. You have to be courageous enough to face challenges amidst failures. You also have to be strong to get back up when you’re knocked down. Most of the prominent men and women of the world encountered failures repeatedly. But with the understanding that failure is a springboard to success, they never remained stuck on the shenanigans of failure. When you fail, learn something and try again this time with wit.

Robert f. Kennedy opined “only those who dared to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly”.

Denis Waitley added “failure should be our teacher not our undertaker. Failure is delay not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing”

Let’s stop seeing failure like a defeat. Thomas Edison who invented electric bulb tried 10,000 times and failed. When he was interviewed on why he never gave up having tried that good number of time. His response amazed me. In his words he said “I have not failed, I have just found out 10,000 ways that won’t work. That’s exactly what I am talking of. That is the mindset of successful people, they are never afraid of failing.

Have you already tried and failed severely? Don’t give up, get up and try again. This time around don’t be scared of failing. You can’t just quit because of temporal failure. Consider the words of Winston Churchill “success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts”.

read more-
http://www.jowan.online/2018/01/fear-of-failure-greatest-enemy-of.html

(1) (Reply)

The Hunt / No, This Doesn't Make Her A Prostitute / How To Text That Girl You Just Met!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.