Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

On The New Nairaland Layout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The New Nairaland Layout (653 Views)

New Nairaland Interface (UI) Design is Ugly / Nigerian Police Force & Crd Layout 1 Lugbe & Abuja Biggest Land Grabber Mr.paul / New Nairaland Discovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The New Nairaland Layout by YQRS: 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2018
I've been a fervent reader of nairaland for some years now never mind that I just opened this account a few days ago.
And what makes it different is the simple layout. What is not to like about the font and the easy navigabilty. Unique out of all nigerian website is the fact that it's pages are not clogged by adverts. It is really heartwarming that that there is a blogger who is not obsessed with money.

However, a few minutes ago, I noticed something. Take a few moments to see these screenshots.
My gripe with the layout will jump out to you too.
For one the subs beneath the comments are distracting. Words without meaning and brightly coloured websites addresses.

I'm not here to tell you how to run your business but it will be nice if you can come up with another layout or better still leave it as it was.

Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala

Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2018
cc: Seun
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
cc: Seun

This member has a word for you..hopefully it does not violate clause 11. grin

11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.

For distracting your day with his opinion undecided
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by YQRS: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2018
And then there is this post currently on fp
Look at the attached sentence benath the post

Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by YQRS: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
Then which is the comment here
Seeing they are of the same font

Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Seun(m): 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2018
I don’t understand you at all. Pls explain it to me as if I’m 5 years old. @yqrs
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by festwiz(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2018
Seun:
I don’t understand you at all. Pls explain it to me as if I’m 5 years old. @yqrs
I believe the OP is talking about the signatures underneath user comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Icecream4U(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2018
Seun:
Why can't I login to nairaland using ucweb browser on my Android phone?
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by baralatie(m): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2018
not understanding
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Hashimyussufamao(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2018
Seun:
Why are my own creative posts not making front page on Naira land? Already losing interest here bro. My efforts are just wasted in fact have a check on my signature!! That's just one among many. sad
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Hashimyussufamao(m): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2018
Also no once not twice have I typed to comment on Naira land and when I clicked on submit it will refer me bad gateway in Netherlands grin. The typing efforts are already wasted
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by YQRS: 5:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
festwiz:
I believe the OP is talking about the signatures underneath user comments.

Thanks

OK they call it signatures cool

1 Like

Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by YQRS: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2018
baralatie:
not understanding
Those sigs under the comment
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by EarthXmetahuman: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2018
nothing wrong with current nairaland

except we need new emojis

current one is outdated and not just cool anymore.

1 Like

Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by engineerboat(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2018
Seun:

He was referring to the Signatures
Re: On The New Nairaland Layout by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2018
The simple solution to get rid of it is to remove your signature @ yqrs . Once you do that you won't see any other signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

IBB: SERAP Condemns ‘harassment Of Kassim Afegbua’ / Nigeria Needs Son Of A Nobody Come 2019 - MFR / A Nairalander Vies For The Office Of the Governor of Ogun State In 2019!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.