Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man (823 Views)

Never Propose To A Woman Until She Does This / Never Propose/marry A Lady That Keep Lot Of Guys Around / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by naijainfogalery: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
So I saw the video of a lady that was rejected after she tried proposing to her man which happens to be a surprise proposal at the mall. The heartbroken lady who was seen crying uncontrollable couldn’t stand the rejection from her boo. There are some things that are non African in nature and if I must say, our African men are not ready for this yet, only few might see nothing wrong with it.

Just incase a voice is speaking to you or you are looking at creative ways to be romantic, My sister, I beg of you, Abort mission, Don’t ask the man to marry you publicly. Here are ten reasons why A lady should not propose to her man especially in this part of the world.

1. It’s un-African: Please don’t get me wrong, I am not saying it’s bad for you to ask a man out or ask him to marry you, but asking him publicly to marry you, isn’t something we are used to in this part of the world. In as much as I see nothing wrong in a woman asking a man out, but I don’t think most Nigerian men can stand their woman kneeling and proposing to them in public. Please don’t do it.

2. It kind of make a man feel less of himself: Men love to show that they are in charge, but in a case where they feel their authority or responsibility is being challenged, it becomes a problem. An average African man feel it’s his responsibility to ask you out, but in the case where you do it, you have denied him the feeling of being in charge. As funny as it sounds, that’s how they feel.

3. You might not be able to face the rejection: Unlike men that move on after being rejected, Most woman can’t stand the rejection. Why put yourself through unnecessary emotional and psychological heartache.

4. Your Relationship becomes a social media sensation : We all know social media has it’s ups and down but in and we all know how pushing your relationship on social media is not healthy for the relationship, as anything you say or do can be used to ridicule you online.

5. You don’t have privacy anymore : You lose your privacy as everyone now knows you. So you realise you might tend to start living a fake life just to please people.

6. If things go wrong with your relationship, it will be magnified online for a long time and don’t forget, that the internet never forgets. you will have to live with the guilt all your life.

7. Men are egocentric: Men naturally have big ego and they love to brag about it. A man that is being proposed to might feel his ego is being messed with.

8. He might not be ready or wants to settle with you , make sure you guys discuss this and is is actually interested in you.

9. His friends would mock him: Men unlike woman are very vocal with each other, I can imagine him sit with his friends at a bar and they are discussing relationship matters and he tries to give a point. Then you will hear stuff like, keep quiet you that cannot ask a woman to marry you.

10. Your man may not like the whole attention. Most men, let me say, 95% of Nigerian men won’t like to be put in this situation. So why do something that is against what they like,.

If you feel your man is not taking the right steps, Look for more creative ways to ask him to marry you or make him propose. Please don’t ask your man out publicly , he doesn’t like it.

Source : http://www.naijanani.com/never-propose-man/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by naijainfogalery: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
lalasticlala how far, want to know how to propose? Read how to propose here
Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by Zimri(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2018
If you feel your man is not taking the right steps, Look for more creative ways to ask him to marry you or make him propose. Please don’t ask your man out publicly

More creative ways like? Tell me the other methods Young men and women hadn't devised when it comes to proposing to one another.
Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
Is it your proposition
Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by Geofavor(m): 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2018
The only reason why a lady shouldn't propose to a man is because of her self worth. Your worth, in his sight, reduces when you do that. Guys always feel proud when they have to HUSTLE to get something and they eventually get it. A man will value what he goes several miles to get than what he finds readily in front of him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by ednut1(m): 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2018
nothing wrong in a woman asking hw far, public proposals to me are senseless. propose for ya house abeg
Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by vivie01(f): 10:44am On Mar 13, 2018
Nice write-up! cool

"There are some things that are non African in nature and if I must say, our African men are not ready for this yet, only few might see nothing wrong with it". - True

"His friends would mock him" - So true

"Men naturally have big ego and they love to brag about it. A man that is being proposed to might feel his ego is being messed with" - Very true

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Propose To Your Man by dayowunmi(m): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2018
Public proposal is nonsense. Propose in your house or in a place not so filled with people.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Confused Nairalanders / They Luv U Bcoz U Are Useful To Them; Their Loyalty Ends When U Are Not Around / 5 Things You Should Know Before Entering A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.