Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. (55276 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Nigerians In U.k, Which University Can I Do My M.ba Programme. Not Expensive / Scholarship For M.sc Program In Memorial University,newfoundland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by collinsfbi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
Good info flying here!

Pls I want 2 know if any Canadian University or College accepts Nigeria HND gruduates directly into any PGD/Masters prog.? I hav HND in Bus Admin with long years of working experience, how do run up Masters prog in Canada? Or does any1 know which school/college to apply to?

Your adv. is appreciated.

I am not sure but i guess you can contact any school of your choice directly, they are in better position to give you first class info but i think some schools in UK do accept HND graduates with good grade.

Gbammmmm over and out
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hola! Great thread btw (unlike a certain thread I know of).
Thing is I'm in a little bit of pickle, and Google can't solve everything (trust me I've tried).
By my calculations, I'll be graduating this year with a 4.62 minimum GPA in computer science; and I'll love to do my Masters program in Canada, specifically Ontario. Now I've done a bit of research, and have come up with two schools of interest: Carleton, and Brock. Carleton's top on my list 'cause their M.C.S. (Master of Computer Science) program's got co-op, while Brock's doesn't.
My question now is since Carleton's got a co-op opt., does that mean their program's research-based, while Brock's isn't? 'cause for some season it isn't mentioned on their website.
Arigato.

And what to do 'bout NYSC.

1 Like

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by zylkenny(m): 5:00am On Feb 09, 2012
Nice info being shared here. I`m thinking of sending my kid brother to Canada to study medicine.Which universities wil be best for him and which states? He has never been abroad before and he`s going through hell seeking admission here in Nigeria. What are the requirements as i would like him to start off soonest. Thanks
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
Kenny, ur bro will have to do an undergrad course first den write MCAT and if he passes, he will den head to medical school. Canada gat few medical schools like university of Toronto etc but he can research it. Also, mostbppl go tithe islands for their medical school
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Manweysabi(m): 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hello house, has any nairalander gained admission into Memorial University Newfoundland? Put us through, pls.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by sim4fx(m): 8:49am On Feb 28, 2012
Manweysabi:

Hi wip7, i've visited memorial university site www.mun.ca and i think the school is cool (tuition fee wise). I sent an email to them concerning MA Economics and i think i met their requirements according to their grading system (cgpa: 3.67 bsc. Economics). I want to know if u have an idea if they accept installmental payment on the tuition fee? Thanks!

Manweysabi,

How have you follow up the admission for Ma Economics with Memorial University? what is your finding and processes you are required?

Please i will like to know because i intend to apply,

Thanks

Collinsfbi,

Thanks so much man, you brought me to this thread to find out this solutions. thanks alot. i appreciate.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by beeman80: 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
@wip4 I just applied for Msc in comp sc in MUN but unfortunately I realised that they were demanding a GRE.I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket because I am not sure that they might eventually take me.Please can u refer me to some other schools even if its technical programs in Networking or Graphic designs? I feel its better I apply to other schools in Canada or does anyone have any idea of where I could also apply to? I am a 2-2 stud with a Masters degree also.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by collinsfbi(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
@wip4 I just applied for Msc in comp sc in MUN but unfortunately I realised that they were demanding a GRE.I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket because I am not sure that they might eventually take me.Please can u refer me to some other schools even if its technical programs in Networking or Graphic designs? I feel its better I apply to other schools in Canada or does anyone have any idea of where I could also apply to? I am a 2-2 stud with a Masters degree also.

What exactly do you want, low tuition graduate school for int'l students or schools with quality education? At the same time, Considering your first master degree and if your first degree CGPA is around 3.4 you can try and apply for your computer science at Acadia University in Nova Scotia Province, their annual tuition fee is around $9,376.00 but you could be allowed to pay in two installment payment depending on your entry period. Better still, contact the school directly through an email and find out your chances of being admitted. Note, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is one the requirements into their graduate programme, so pls be informed. Check for more details through this link; http://gradstudies.acadiau.ca/admission.html

On the other hand, looking at MUN graduate application procedures, strong emphasis is not placed on TOEFL and GRE most especially for applicants with English as mode of instruction, so you still stand a chance considering your first master degree. GRE is not included as a strong requirement in the school website; http://www.mun.ca/become/graduate/programs/computational.php but code for TOEFL and GRE was only shown in the departmental website; http://www.mun.ca/science/graduate/interdisciplinary/cmsc/requirements.php for applicants who may wish to send TOEFL or GRE score to them in support of his/her application.

Gbammm over and out
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by earthgreeners(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2012
I wish to apply to University of Saskatchewan, University of Manitoba and Memorial University of NFLD to pursue a research based Masters degree in Environmental studies starting Fall 2013, I graduated with a CGPA of 4.39/5.0, what are my chances of getting financial aid from these universities?...and anyone with advise info concerning the tuition fees of these institutions...I want to start packaging my application in advance...
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by collinsfbi(m): 9:45am On Apr 06, 2012
earthgreeners: I wish to apply to University of Saskatchewan, University of Manitoba and Memorial University of NFLD to pursue a research based Masters degree in Environmental studies starting Fall 2013, I graduated with a CGPA of 4.39/5.0, what are my chances of getting financial aid from these universities?...and anyone with advise info concerning the tuition fees of these institutions...I want to start packaging my application in advance...
I am not sure of you getting scholarship with you CGPA in Canada, but it will increase you chances of getting admission, mind you MUN offers research funding depending on your course of study.

Gbamm over and out
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by earthgreeners(m): 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
Thanks Collinsfbi
My biggest headache would be how to pay application fee cos I gat no credit card
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Manweysabi(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
@earthgreeners, u can just walk down straight to any zennith bank branch, go to their customer care and request for bouxy card- it's a visa card, u can get it that day, but u'll provide ur int'l passport nd 2 pasport photographs, then u'll fund ur card with at least $120, where $30 will be deducted for their activation charges, then $5 wil be charged 4 each transaction made. Or better stil go to UBA bank and request 4 Africard, but it'l take one wk to get it or more if u are living outside lagos. I hope this wil help. All the best, man!

1 Like

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by mykey: 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
Hi all,

This is actually my first time in this forum and I must say I am really impressed. I finished with a 3.70/5.0 CGPA in Computer Science from UNILAG and have a +4yrs working experience in the IT field working in a bank. I intend to study IT security in Canada (Jan 2013)in UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology). I have submitted all my documents after a thorough search of schools offering a masters in computer/IT security in Canada and only found 2 - UOIT and concordia university college of Alberta.

UOIT is a 1yr program, unlike concordia which is 2yrs, and that's why I favour it. I wish I had a lot of university option in this field. Anyways, apart from what I have seen on the school's website and other internet write-ups, which are interesting, I would want to know more from people in this forum about UOIT and also of Concordia university college of Alberta. Is anyone studying there right now or is there anyone with an interest to study in UOIT or has some vital info on these schools?

Thanks.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by earthgreeners(m): 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
mykey: Hi all,

This is actually my first time in this forum and I must say I am really impressed. I finished with a 3.70/5.0 CGPA in Computer Science from UNILAG and have a +4yrs working experience in the IT field working in a bank. I intend to study IT security in Canada (Jan 2013)in UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology). I have submitted all my documents after a thorough search of schools offering a masters in computer/IT security in Canada and only found 2 - UOIT and concordia university college of Alberta.

UOIT is a 1yr program, unlike concordia which is 2yrs, and that's why I favour it. I wish I had a lot of university option in this field. Anyways, apart from what I have seen on the school's website and other internet write-ups, which are interesting, I would want to know more from people in this forum about UOIT and also of Concordia university college of Alberta. Is anyone studying there right now or is there anyone with an interest to study in UOIT or has some vital info on these schools?

Thanks.

post dis on travelling to canadapart 2 thread, sure u wld get more response
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by mykey: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
@earthgreeners:

Thanks a lot. I just did now.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by duby91(m): 2:26am On Aug 01, 2012
guys i graduated with a cgpa of 3,67 in computer science and seeking for admission in mcmaster...just wanted to know if am eligible cos i get really scared cos of my cgpa, please ypur advice will be needed thanks.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by justwise(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Thank God For This Flood, Free Swimming Pool - Man Swims In His Flooded Compound / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved / Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.