Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. (55235 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Nigerians In U.k, Which University Can I Do My M.ba Programme. Not Expensive / Scholarship For M.sc Program In Memorial University,newfoundland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by babsharon(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2010
Pls i nid steps to take for my m.sc program.D graduate school cheapest tuition fee
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Lazzaro: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2010
@babsharon

i am in the same shoes,i will also like to do my masters in canada , but the problem is that the CIC site has some requirements that i do not fit into. As it is now i need an alternative on this issue,
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
you guys should start by typing in google "Canadian universities" then start looking at the school websites to see their graduate international school fees, One thing for such is that the province of Ontario is the most expensive to study in, good luck
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by bbwollex(m): 1:40am On Apr 13, 2010
Hello friends,i also wanna study in canada and i needb help about the lowest tuition fee in any college for undergraduate study. i would be happy if i could see about $6000 per year. hope to hear frm every one.

1 Like

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 1:47am On Apr 13, 2010
@bbwollex, as an International Students, you at least looking from 10,000 dollars and up
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by bbwollex(m): 6:31pm On Apr 13, 2010
thanks 4 the info

1 Like

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by symbian03(m): 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2010
@HS, accomodation and feedings r not included in the 10k CAD right?
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 4:20am On Apr 14, 2010
nope, just school fees,
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by symbian03(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2010
Okay ty, another question is; Are there any age restriction to undergraduate study in a Canadian college? I was thinking the canadian high commission would refuse an under-graduate student of about 21 years old. Any clue? Much thanks
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2010
There is no age restriction for undergraduates but I don't know how that applies to the Embassy,
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by symbian03(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2010
Fnx
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by babsharon(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2010
What about d payment? Will u pay everything here in nigeria
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by symbian03(m): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2010
Absolutely NO, You pay just upfront, but sure you must be capable to balance up.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by opcomm: 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2010
To OP,

I am currently doing my Masters in Electrical Engineering in Canada. In fact, in Alberta. You are looking for schools with tuition of 6000 CAD or less? Dude, you should be able to find some. And when you land here, you can work as a teaching assistant for extra income or even in a firm part-time if you can combine both.

In my university, the tuition is about 12,000 CAD but the department usually refunds a tuition deferential of about $6000 per annum subject, though  to the availability of funding . But Alberta has always been having a budget surplus. This is to say, you end up paying only $6000 for a first-rate education.

And in some university, like the university of Victoria, tuition as an international student is the same as what domestic or permanent residents pay. It's about $5800 per annum. Add $10,000 for living cost for a year and you are ok. They also have a co-op system where you can go work for say 4 months during the masters program and earn good cash.

The tuition at University of Saskachewan and University of Regina I think are even less. Check them out. You should be able to find everything online.

In fact, let me know what your grades and major are and I can guide you on how to approach it. It's as easy as ABC. If you have second class upper in the higher end, you even stand a good chance to get some very good funding.

No emails please. Everything should be on this forum.

As an example, check this out.

http://enel.ucalgary.ca/graduate/financial-assistance-and-expenses

This usually the average.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Rare(m): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2010
opcomm:

To OP,

I am currently doing my Masters in Electrical Engineering in Canada. In fact, in Alberta. You are looking for schools with tuition of 6000 CAD or less? Dude, you should be able to find some. And when you land here, you can work as a teaching assistant for extra income or even in a firm part-time if you can combine both.

In my university, the tuition is about 12,000 CAD but the department usually refunds a tuition deferential of about $6000 per annum subject, though  to the availability of funding . But Alberta has always been having a budget surplus. This is to say, you end up paying only $6000 for a first-rate education.

And in some university, like the university of Victoria, tuition as an international student is the same as what domestic or permanent residents pay. It's about $5800 per annum. Add $10,000 for living cost for a year and you are ok. They also have a co-op system where you can go work for say 4 months during the masters program and earn good cash.

The tuition at University of Saskachewan and University of Regina I think are even less. Check them out. You should be able to find everything online.

In fact, let me know what your grades and major are and I can guide you on how to approach it. It's as easy as ABC. If you have second class upper in the higher end, you even stand a good chance to get some very good funding.

No emails please. Everything should be on this forum.

As an example, check this out.

http://enel.ucalgary.ca/graduate/financial-assistance-and-expenses

This usually the average.
@ Opcomm, which sch in Alberta are u? Am soon due to start an MEng in Elec/Comp Engr in Univ. Of Alberta. My course is a 'taught' program.I want to know if I can benefit from teaching assistantships or tuition refunds (you mentioned),because the sch website did state that such were only accessible through research-based Masters programs.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by easycordz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pls is there anyway someone with a 2:2, CGPA 3.40 can do an Msc in Canada,i've tried several universities bt their academic requirements are way too high.
A response would be highly appreciated.Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2010
@easycordz, you probably wont get any school with that GPA. Your best option is to go 2 community college for one year and then use the result to apply for Masters. This is what the people I know did and are doing

With that GPA, u can get a school in US or UK though, good luck
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by easycordz(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2010
^^Response well appreciated,many thanks.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by wip4: 11:54am On Apr 21, 2010
@easycordz,

there is high posiblity of you getting University with that your CGPA of 3.40 in canada. dont loose hope and be strong anf package your application well with supporting documents, you can have another sheet for your work experience, add your NYSC, and strong motivational letter to convince them. just last year i personally took my girlfriend application to this skool with CGPA of 3. 33 and she is now in this skool, i met with the grad school director and she did some calculations on the CGPA and told me that it falls to C grade in their own scheme and wit her motivation, that she will be accepted as soon as her departmental members and faculty members go tru her transcripts. she is there now studying. Also the fees is so affordable to pay too cheap self . contact this university MEMORAIL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND www.mun.ca

uNiversity name: Memorial University of Newfoundland canada
web: www.mun.ca
tuition fees pa semester: 953CAD.
chek it and email the grad school wit ur transcript and ask if you can be accepted.

There are alot of universities in canada but each province have diffrent rules and scheme, but canadian universities do prefer higher 2. 1 from Nigeria even some will say you must have first class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Hotstepper(f): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
@wip4, I am not surprised its in New Foundland that your g/f got the admission and that kind of school fees. I hope she is enjoying it though
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by wip4: 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
@hotstepper,

she is doing great and enjoying herself.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by wip4: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
@easycordz,

MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND is ranked 370 in the world and 21 best university in canada with 939 scholar by webometric rankin of january 2010 you can chek it with cutting edged research facilities. http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_country.asp?country=ca

so you are open to diffrent options and choices, if you are okay with the university you can contact them. Nothing is impossible in this world and The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible cos Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, they is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by easycordz(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
@wip4,Thank you vry much u're heaven sent,i'll do that right away.More suggestions are welcome pls.

God bless y'all
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by lanreade(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2010
I applied to university of alberta for my masters in electrical and computer engineering and am yet to hear from them concerning my admission.Opcomm, could u help me find out? so that, i will be able to apply at the embassy for visa.
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by Rare(m): 8:01am On Apr 27, 2010
lanreade:

I applied to university of alberta for my masters in electrical and computer engineering and am yet to hear from them concerning my admission.Opcomm, could  u help me find out? so that, i will be able to apply at the embassy for visa.

@Lanreade. Are you kidding me about Opcomm finding out your admission status?
Why not write an email to the school?Also quote your application number. Write to nona@ece.ualberta.ca. She is the Database Administrator (Graduate Applications). Ask how I got that info? From the internet, of course, lol !!!!!
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by tollu: 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2010
wip4:

@easycordz,

MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND is ranked 370 in the world and 21 best university in canada with 939 scholar by webometric rankin of january 2010 you can chek it with cutting edged research facilities. http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_country.asp?country=ca

so you are open to diffrent options and choices, if you are okay with the university you can contact them. Nothing is impossible in this world and The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible cos Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, they is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.

@WIP4
Are you living in newfoundland?
Yes? U dont hav an email addy on ur profile so it wld be appreciated if u cld gwt in touch wiv me or u cld post a way I could make contact wiv you. I need dis please
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by wip4: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2010
@ tollu

I am PHd student with saskatchewan Uni in saskatoon canada, but presently on Research contract with TECKNOPAK and EMU in Turkey on Breast cancers, my contract ends next year and i will be fully in saskastoon after that.

the address of Newfoundland uni is www.mun.ca and is there anythin u wana discussed wif me? am mostly writing on North cyprus issues and turkey and my address is there but i decided to comment on this cos of easycord CGPA cos i know he will be accepted with that CGPA. incase u feel you wana discussd anytin out of this thread then u can request for my email .
you are welcome sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by tollu: 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2010
Thanks wip4.

One, I am not a sir.

Just needed some first hand information abt the Newfoundland region but since u do not live there -  -  -
Thanks though. Cheers
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by cau: 3:36pm On May 05, 2010
@Opcomm,

Please i would like to know which school in Alberta are you studying. I recently got an admission to study in Uni Ottawa, Memorial and Calgary for Sept 2010.
Actually i have settled for Calgary which is in Alberta, reason is simply because Alberta is basically an engineering province and my masters program of interest has close collaboration with industries. My background is electrical/electronics engineering.
Whats has been your experiences so far in Alberta and in your Uni? Hoping to hear from you

1 Like

Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by JagaJaga1: 1:25am On May 06, 2010
@wip 4 The procedure for applying to that memorial university is tedious. I will like to know the exact documents you sent for your girlfriend. Were her transcripts certified by her home university, did she send appraisal letters, what about the proof of english language
Re: I Wish To Go For My M.sc Program In Canada. by wip4: 2:46pm On May 06, 2010
@jaga jaga,

I do not send her documents but i submitted it bymyself at the grad office, BUt almost all Universities in canada have the same application procedures and i am not sure and do not belive MUN application procedure is tediuos cos another friend of my sent his application from NC for his PHd within weeks he got supervisor and they sent him offer pakage with financial pakage of 22, 000CAD pa year. so letter of apparaisal is same like form where your refree will sign and fill thier details. your transcripts must be official and she does not need any english proof cos she studied in Nigeria where english is the medium of instruction. just pack all the required docs in an envelop and pay the aplication fees, as soon as they reciv your application you shall be notify.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) / Driver Escapes Before Massive Sinkhole Swallowed A Toyota RAV4 In Colorado / Thank God For This Flood, Free Swimming Pool - Man Swims In His Flooded Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.