Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments (63972 Views)

KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 / Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / The Hardley Apartments: Inside Kanu Nwankwo's Lagos Hotel & Cost Per Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Badonasty(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
dammy13:
Former Super Eagles captain, Kanu Nwankwo, has called the attention of the general public to the refusal of AMCON to respect court orders by refusing to release his hotel located in Lagos to him.

Kanu’s property, known as Hardly Apartment Located at Victoria Island, Lagos, has been put under temporary possession of AMCON.

The property was siezed on account of purported indebtedness which remains unproven since November 2015 till date.

Kanu said that his Heart Foundation has been threatened once again with the possession of his hotel by AMCON as the establishment, Hardly Apartment seems to be the source of his funding to Kanu Heart Foundation.

In a statement he issued yesterday, the former Arsenal striker said he wants justice to take its natural course.

http://fabinfos.com/kanu-nwankwo-laments-takeover-hotel-nigerian-government-says-amcon-disobeying-court-order/

"Unisef ambassador"
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by PenisCaP: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
undecided
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Stethaine: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:
We all have bad habit of not paying back

Please Know one should make this ethnicity

Debtors need to pay back

It's primary responsibilities of Amcon to retrieve loan

Nairalanders I strongly believe that if we collectively check this guy called Sarriki. The real identities mighty be that of foolish village shit holes. From bush forest.

11 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by ModsWillKillNL: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Kanu said/typed all that

Lie!

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Ratello: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
This madness must stop for crying out loud why can't this demonic government of Buhari respect simple Court orders? I can imagine the the condition of Kanu since November 2015 when one of his means of livelihood has been put on hold....what type of madness is this?

6 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by 1shortblackboy: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Debtors need to pay back

HOW DO U KNOW HE'S OWING WHEN amcon has failed to produce evidence to that effect thereby truncating the case? are u literate at all?

8 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
You mean Unicef sad

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by SalamRushdie: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

The majority will have their way

Nigeria will definitely speak

Deep talk ... Deep talk
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by technicallyrich(m): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
Just because he is a biafran.
That is why I support biafra.and yes I am ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by kgr8mike(m): 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
#IstandwithKanu
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by madjune(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
This is what happens when an industrious Ibo boy chooses to invest in Afonja land.

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Odianose13(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
aminu790:
shocked

Apartment seems to be the source of
his funding to Kanu Heart Foundation.

How una dey take read sef? Hardly Apartment is the name of the Hotel! If it's a five-star hotel, it can conviniently fund the Kanu Heart Foundation without hiccups!

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by sweetkev(m): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
IYANGBALI:
I'm very sure he wasn't the one that wroted that letter,Kanu does not know how to spoke good English
Wetin shocked
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by FTBOY: 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
IYANGBALI:
I'm very sure he wasn't the one that wroted that letter,Kanu does not know how to spoke good English

ok.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by alt3r3g0: 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Which organization is UNISEF?
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by 1freshdude: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
Raiyell:

This one has exposed you, bigoted slime.

How can someone be indebted to a bank and yet the bank cannot provide statements of account to prove their accusations after more two years?

I know you can read between the lines but you choose not to.

Let's not argue for the sake, but do you think KANU would publish that he is indebted if he truly is?
Please, do you work in an organized sector? You will understand that there are processes for taking over a property that defaults, even as corrupt as the country is, you don't do things overnight. I am very sure there is more to this than Kanu is admitting. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by IYANGBALI: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
sweetkev:
Wetin shocked
what?
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by kingandamy4life(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2018
Buhari and his co-horts has finally concluded that they will destroy our heroes and job providers
Time will tell and the world is watching. Since we no longer have respect but only shame in this country
AMCOM should keep doing the useless things they are doing.
Its a matter of time our unity will sonn be discussed

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by mbos: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Debtors need to pay back

WHO IS PAYING WHO??
COURT OR AMCON OR KANU OR BIAFRANS OR ENVY

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by BigIyanga: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
IYANGBALI:
So he spent all career playing top flight football in EU to be speaking English? Does Messi speak English?
Do Chinese and Russians speak English?
Does GMB speak good English?

6 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Sagay212: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
If the case is still in court and they are already claiming his property then he should take them to court and hire ozhekome because e be like say na only that man sabi handle this useless govt lie lie cases.

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by 1freshdude: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
1shortblackboy:
HOW DO U KNOW HE'S OWING WHEN amcon has failed to produce evidence to that effect thereby truncating the case? are u literate at all?

You are making same error as the guy you quote, except you have the facts of the case as Kanu is unlikely to report that he messed up even if he did. You have to listen to the FULL story to make a judgement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by mbos: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
THAT HOW OKOCHA 1BILLION NAIRA WAS SEIZED BY AN AFONJA SOCIETIEL GENERAL BANK OF SEN PRESEDENT PAPA
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Caulay(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
I saw this online and I decided to share.

-Details of the loan threatening Hardley Apartments

THE news of The Hardley Apartments, on Waziri Ibrahim Crescent, Victoria Island (Lagos) – owned by former international soccer star and Africa’s pride, Nwankwo Kanu, along with his estranged ex-banker friend, Ayoola Gam-Ikon – being taken over by Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) last week over alleged N924 million debt didn’t come as a surprise to close watchers.

Ever since the erstwhile business partners parted ways in 2012, with nasty and vexatious police and court cases to boot, it was clear that their cash-cow boutique hotel which once grossed N30 million monthly would experience several storms.

And this current travail, which may lead to the sale of the Hardley Apartments by AMCON, could have life-changing repercussions.

Here are some facts about the business which kicked off in 2005…

The Hardley Apartments began on a promising note as the famous former Eagles captain joined forces with his then banker friend and began the hospitality business in 2005.
Kanu Nwankwo reportedly holds majority shareholding, with Ayoola Gam-Ikon having about a fifth of the business. He also managed it.

Business boomed over the years, and money rolled in. And in 2007, they decided to expand and add another structure ( a six-storey building ) to the hotel.
They approached Skye Bank, and within the next two years, got loans of over N450 million.

At the end of the renovation and construction of a new wing, the hotel had over 55 rooms and suites, and enjoyed patronage from high networth customers and companies.
By 2011, over N300 million of the loan had been repaid.
But Skye Bank invited AMCON to take over the loan as it was said to be non-performing.

There were protests.

In 2012, the partners (Kanu and Gam-Ikon) parted ways on a bitter note, with many accusations and counter accusations. Police waded in.
On March 4, 2013, Ayo Gam Ikon was arraigned at a magistrate court in Lagos (charge number B/13/2013) on 21 count charge of stealing, fraudulent misappropriation and out-right fraud.
By July 30, 2015, the accused was discharged on the advice of the prosecutor since the matter was over a disagreement between partners.

Before then, a civil matter was filed by Ayo Gam Ikon for winding up of the hotel and compensation.
At the time, the hotel was valued at over N3 billion.

The case by Gam-Ikon was against Kanu Nwankwo, Skye Bank, AMCON and others. The case is now before the Court of Appeal.

Over the last three years, The Hardley Apartments had a rough time following the lull in hospitality business.
At a point, they even had problems with Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, over noise and air pollution which was quickly resolved.

AMCON pursued its case of debt recovery which stood at N924,788,754.56 (as at October 15, 2015) against The Hardley Apartments.
And succeeded through an ex parte motion before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Lagos.

The court ordered that all accounts of the former footballer, the hotel and Ayo Gam Ikon anywhere in Nigeria should be frozen, pending the hearing of the substantial suit.

AMCON, in an affidavit sworn to by a credit officer, Victor Igabor, filed and argued by their lawyer, Niyi Olopade, claimed that a loan of N520,457,000 was granted by Skye Bank between May 2008 and January 2011.
The loan was not repaid, and AMCON took over. By April 1, 2011, according to AMCON, the debt stood at N558,313,905.37. And by October 15, 2015, it hovered around N924,788,754.56.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by FakoMaybach1: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
AS FOR ME I DONT CARE WHAT KANU DID, HE IS MY HERO...ATLANTA 1996 IS STILL IN MY HEAD, AMCON SHUD BE CAREFUL OR ELSE I GO NAKED CURSE THEM BY MIDNIGHT....THERE ARE WAYS THIS ISSUE CAN BE SOLVED INSTEAD OF SHUTTING PAPILLO DOWN.

LEAVE KANU ALONE AMCON, HE HAS CONTRIBUTED TO NIGERIA MORE THAN THE YEYE AMCON, PAPILLO HAS BEEN A MODEL CITIZEN FOR A VERY LONG TIME, NO SCANDALS AND HE HAS TOUCHED LIVES, ABEG FIND A MIDDLE GROUND BIKO

4 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by AreaFada2: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
Sorry Kanu but you should have taken your foundation to Holland, UK or even Ghana. Where they'll appreciate your work. Yes it benefits poor and average people but the sysyem won't allow you help those people. They'll do all they can to frustrate you. And corner your assets.

The Nigerian system has no regard for charitable acts. The leaders and authorities certainly do not respect hard work. Because most get to their positions based on bribery, long-leg and ethno-religious favouritism.

Think carefully before you invest in Nigeria if you are not part of the corrupt system.

JJ Okocha's millions of dollars lost to Olusola Saraki's family bank (Societe General Nigeria now Heritage Bank) should have been a warning to you.

7 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by sevenhundred(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
sirBLUNT:
which of the majority nigerian's?you mean you and your 30k monthly gang? isn't it obvious that nigerians are tired of APC and their scams?

yesterday i could not find you and your cohorts on the other threat,were you guys re-strategizing on how to deceive nigerians again?
we're wise now...#endbuhari
majorities of the voters are not online. be ready p. m. b !!

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by authenticman(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Kanu should take the fight off the media and approach the court with his claim(s). The claim about AMCON's inability to prove the indebtedness raises serious concern if true and I know no court will treat such as a trivial matter

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by tuscani: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2018
IYANGBALI:
Ogbeni, check the UNICEF ambassador first

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2018
Did KANU use Hardly Apartment Hotels as collateral for a loan? The lengthy letter never explained anything concerning loan. If I may ask Bros KANU, would AMCON come to possess your Hardly Apartments Hotel without any form of indebtedness on your part?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester City Banned From UEFA Club Competitions For 2 Seasons & Fined €30m / Alex Iwobi With Friends At Wizkid's Starboy Fest (Photos) / Algerian Kids Mock Super Eagles, Recreate When Mahrez Played Free Kick(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.