Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,281 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments (63973 Views)

KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 / Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / The Hardley Apartments: Inside Kanu Nwankwo's Lagos Hotel & Cost Per Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by LZAA: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Raiyell:

This one has exposed you, bigoted slime.

How can someone be indebted to a bank and yet the bank cannot provide statements of account to prove their accusations after more two years?

I know you can read between the lines but you choose not to.
d funny part be say na im bring tribe into d mata
smh

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by APL33: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
Liberty90:
Nnamdi Kanu warned you people...you will be stripped bare, disgraced or your investments taken over from you WHEN YOU SERVE THE ZOO. This government is the most useless I have ever seen in my life., A case is in court, yet government agencies are disregarding the court process and orders, just doing things as if this is military regime. Patience Jonathan's demolished house case was still pending in court before the FCTD went to demolished it.

What is funny is AMCON has already taken over the hotel, running the business and pocketing the money and even doing renovation(painting it) as if it's their business...LOL. This is criminal!

After this experience, Kanu will regret ever serving this country.

By God grace KANU won't regret serving Nigeria. His property would by his in due course.

BUT ABEG STOP MENTIONING NNAMDI KANU, and KANU Nwankwo in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by progress69: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
The new method debtors and thieves use now is to claim seized properties or money is threatening a charity organisation sponsored by the same debtor/theif, same way patience was able to have the courts release her money to her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Yamprince(m): 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
"UNISEF" ambassador indeed....

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by IYANGBALI: 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
BigIyanga:

So he spent all career playing top flight football in EU to be speaking English? Does Messi speak English?
Do Chinese and Russians speak English?
Does GMB speak good English?
let me ask google

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Bizibi(m): 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Kanu Nwankwo has unfotunately fallen into the hands of AMCOM backed scammers who use deliberately quagmired loans situations to steal properties and businesses from unassuming people .. Intercontinental Hotel is going through the same mess now as we speak.
even amcom don join bad gangs,any successful bizmen in Nigeria should be praised.it is not easy running a biz with lots of sharks around you......

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
1freshdude:

Let's not argue for the sake, but do you think KANU would publish that he is indebted if he truly is?
Please, do you work in an organized sector? You will understand that there are processes for taking over a property that defaults, even as corrupt as the country is, you don't do things overnight. I am very sure there is more to this than Kanu is admitting. Cheers!

You make mention of processes; the matter being in court is testament to the adherence of processes by the two parties involved.

The question I am asking is this:

1 - Banking in Nigeria underwent complete digitalization beginning from the mid-nineties till date: it is expected that the bank will have abundant records of the delinquent loans in their database. Why then can the bank not produce evidence of Kanu's indebtedness?

2 - Court asked the bank to prove Kanu's indebtedness and gave them [the bank] an order to provide said figures. Two years and counting, the bank is yet to produce compelling evidence to counter Kanu's claim.

3 - Can a bank in the 21st century not have detailed records of a such a large transaction

Yes, I work in an organised environment and the bank's incompetence is grounds for many people to loose their jobs -- people who are responsible for stealing the money and destroying records.

If there is anything or anyone you should fear, it is Nigerian bankers. Their love for corruption and fast money can leave you in a sober mood for one week.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Zhirinovsky: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
You just made it tribal when you rushed to the conclusion that his claims were false and he is owing amcon when he made it clear that amcon refused to provide corresponding statements of accounts as ordered by the court.
Plz don't quote me.
sarrki:
We all have bad habit of not paying back

Please Know one should make this ethnicity

Debtors need to pay back

It's primary responsibilities of Amcon to retrieve loan

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Pumpido75(m): 2:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
Am constrained not to be emotional. I love and appreciate kanu for his patriotism and philanthropy but it's difficult to believe you not indebted to the said bank ('s) thus the litigation. I honestly hope you resolve this amicably and your cherished hotel returned to you. Failure to repay loans also negatively affects many depositors which the bank(s) act as trustees for. Once again I love you so much papilo and which you the very best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by pedrilo: 2:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
hausa and yoruba business men are not hounded like this in dis country.
restructuring will correct all dis nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by tiger28: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
VERY SOON, we will hear "is it because am igbo"........its VERY AUTOMATIC with those ppl.

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by sirBLUNT: 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
sevenhundred:
majorities of the voters are not online. be ready p. m. b !!
tell does that lost their families in the hands of evil herdsmen or tell the poor nigerians that usually buy a bag of rice at 8k but now 16k...majority ni majority ko...we go surprise una come 2019

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by carlosSeyi(m): 2:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
dammy13:
Former Super Eagles captain, Kanu Nwankwo, has called the attention of the general public to the refusal of AMCON to respect court orders by refusing to release his hotel located in Lagos to him.

Kanu’s property, known as Hardly Apartment Located at Victoria Island, Lagos, has been put under temporary possession of AMCON.

The property was siezed on account of purported indebtedness which remains unproven since November 2015 till date.

Kanu said that his Heart Foundation has been threatened once again with the possession of his hotel by AMCON as the establishment, Hardly Apartment seems to be the source of his funding to Kanu Heart Foundation.

In a statement he issued yesterday, the former Arsenal striker said he wants justice to take its natural course.

http://fabinfos.com/kanu-nwankwo-laments-takeover-hotel-nigerian-government-says-amcon-disobeying-court-order/

all this quack charge and bail lawyers... imagine see how the lawyer spelt UNICEF 'UNISEF"

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:50pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:
We all have bad habit of not paying back

Please Know one should make this ethnicity

Debtors need to pay back

It's primary responsibilities of Amcon to retrieve loan

Ethnicity? You should take your own advice

Debt Did you read at all

Anyways na FG I blame, frustrating those that have business in Nigeria

At least no how no How, this guy employ people now undecided

Small time now them go dey abuse those wey establish in diaspora

I mean, who will see all this and still invest in Nigeria

we all should join hands together and kick this wicked, tribalistic government out!

when it's time for election we all are stakeholders including the footballers if not these evil men will keep ruling

All these Islamic agencies run by FG self, they are either on vendetta mission or Ethnic cleansing

Mr. Ahmed Lawan Kuru Managing Director of the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), should be careful oooo cause tomorrow is pregnant!

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by 1freshdude: 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Raiyell:

You make mention of processes; the matter being in court is testament to the adherence of processes by the two parties involved.

The question I am asking is this:

1 - Banking in Nigeria underwent complete digitalization beginning from the mid-nineties till date: it is expected that the bank will have abundant records of the delinquent loans in their database. Why then can the bank not produce evidence of Kanu's indebtedness?

2 - Court asked the bank to prove Kanu's indebtedness and gave them [the bank] an order to provide said figures. Two years and counting, the bank is yet to produce compelling evidence to counter Kanu's claim.

3 - Can a bank in the 21st century not have detailed records of a such a large transaction

Yes, I work in an organised environment and the bank's incompetence is grounds for many people to loose their jobs -- people who are responsible for stealing the money and destroying records.

If there is anything or anyone you should fear, it is Nigerian bankers. Their love for corruption and fast money can leave you in a sober mood for one week.

You think Kanu is naive, helpless/a pauper who would be oppressed/muscled around in Nigeria when he is in the right? It's HIGHLY unlikely!

Again are you a party in this case? Or how do you know that AMCON did not prove to the Judge the reason he/she has to give AMCON control over Kanu' s property? If so why did the Judge hand the property to them?
You could be right (Though I strongly doubt) but you need to tell us categorically if you are privy to the whole matter, not make conclusions based on Kanu' s release.
Don't get emotional, it clouds judgement, access the court papers and find the grounds on which the court gave Amcon the business.
And why has Kanu not gone to appeal if he is in the right?
I NEVER heard that Amcon wrongly took over any business in all my time in Fin. Services.
You must really be owing big time to get Amcons attention!
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
oga pay back ya loan

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by AngelicBeing: 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2018
AreaFada2:
Sorry Kanu but you should have taken your foundation to Holland, UK or even Ghana. Where they'll appreciate your work. Yes it benefits poor and average people but the sysyem won't allow you help those people. They'll do all they can to frustrate you. And corner your assets.

The Nigerian system has no regard for charitable acts. The leaders and authorities certainly do not respect hard work. Because most get to their positions based on bribery, long-leg and ethno-religious favouritism.

Think carefully before you invest in Nigeria if you are not part of the corrupt system.

JJ Okocha's millions of dollars lost to Olusola Saraki's family bank (Societe General Nigeria now Heritage Bank) should have been a warning to you.
Gbam, l concur sad
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by sevenhundred(m): 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
sirBLUNT:
tell does that lost their families in the hands of evil herdsmen or tell the poor nigerians that usually buy a bag of rice at 8k but now 16k...majority ni majority ko...we go surprise una come 2019
it is always like. that in Nigeria. but when election comes most. voters do not considers those factors! we always vote based on tribal, religion, and money during elections.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by sirBLUNT: 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2018
sevenhundred:
it is always like. that in Nigeria. but when election comes most. voters do not considers those factors! we always vote based on tribal, religion, and money during elections.
i think we're wise now we know what we want nobody will tell me that he dint feel the heat..#ourmumudondu
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Awoo88: 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
They tried the same nonsense with Ben but the man obviously have enough connect to shame them. Kanu, Some is eyeing that property and is using amcon to take.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by sevenhundred(m): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
sirBLUNT:
i think we're wise now we know what we want nobody will tell me that he dint feel the heat..#ourmumudondu
anyway I don't know where you stayed but all I know from experienced is our voting pattern hardly change during elections, and this hard times didn't starts today.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by bart10: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2018
pedrilo:
hausa and yoruba business men are not hounded like this in dis country.
restructuring will correct all dis nonsense

No be so o. Na only Hausa/Fulani dey enjoy Nigeria o. Yoruba no dey enjoy anything. We just sabi talk tongue
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

The majority will have their way

Nigeria will definitely speak

Retweeted Senator Shehu Sani (@ShehuSani):

If you once celebrated Father Mbaka for telling you what you like and now he is now telling you what you don't like, please be courteous and don't insult or attack him. It's natural for people not to agree all the time.

.....If Buhari didn't win in 2015, we would have thought by now that Nigeria would have been like London.

Thank God he won for everyone to know that he can't perform Magic.

Buhari said he does not know anything called subsidy. You clapped.
He later paid subsidy. You clapped again.

He said he would never devalue the Naira. You clapped.
He devalued the Naira. You clapped.

He said he will make N1 equals to $1. You clapped.
$1 is officially equal N360. You are still clapping.

He said he will make petrol price to N40, you clapped,
Now petrol price is N145, you clapped and do protest in support.

He said he would turn all presidential Jets to national carrier. You clapped.
Today, he and his family are cruising on all presidential Jets. You are clapping.

He said he would build one new Refinery each year. You clapped.
Its getting to three years, no Refinery has been built. You are still clapping.

When he cancelled Military road blocks, you clapped.
When he asked them to go back, you clapped.

When PMB promise to end Medical tourism, you clapped.
When he spent months in the UK hospital and allowed local doctors on strike, you clapped.

And as I am typing now, some are still clapping at the fuel station. ���

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by VeriteMFBank: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
Collective (Group, Co-operative or Association ) Loans gets speedy attention
with very low interest rate....
Start calling in now...

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by wingmanII: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Raiyell:

This one has exposed you, bigoted slime.

How can someone be indebted to a bank and yet the bank cannot provide statements of account to prove their accusations after more than two years?

I know you can read between the lines but you choose not to.
Honestly, that thing you quoted is a sick animal. Always jumping to senseless conclusions.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
wingmanII:

Honestly, that thing you quoted is a sick animal. Always jumping to senseless conclusions.

If Nairaland wasn't anonymous the guy would have received sense from sensible Nigerians who like using blood to settle scores.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by ivandragon: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
I think Kanu's major concern is AMCON systematically stripping the hotel & its alleged plans to sell it off before the case is decided...
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
this AMCON pple sef...don't you respect legends....KANU is a household name...you guys claim he is owing yet fail to prove it.....why generate all this controversy cos soon threads will start flowing saying because he is from the south east.....I wonder whose past football legend property they will seize....okocha, finidi, mutiu....get ready ooo
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Ebeano49(m): 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
Dear Kanu ... and the many other oka mma n'ama Igbos out there.
Next time build your Hotel or other investemnts in Ala Igbo.
If AMCON follows you to Ala Igbo unjustly, you can invite Amadioha to sort them out.
Unfortunately for you, Amadioha does not recognize Lagos, Abuja or ugwu awusa.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by Okkyy: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
If you are in Enugu and YOU HAVE A fairly used SLIDING DOOR 2 in 1 for SALE
Call 08034121821...
Re: Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel, Hardley Apartments Lagos Taken Over By AMCON As He Laments by jamjo: 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

You really lack understanding

If the majority of Nigeria don't want him so be it

If they feel he has performed so be it

That's why its called democracy

SARRKI, SO NOW ITS DOWN ON YOU THAT WE ARE IN DEMOCRACY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester City Banned From UEFA Club Competitions For 2 Seasons & Fined €30m / Alex Iwobi With Friends At Wizkid's Starboy Fest (Photos) / Algerian Kids Mock Super Eagles, Recreate When Mahrez Played Free Kick(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.