Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? (1361 Views)

Apply For Lorache Group Job Recruitment ( 8 Positions) / How To Appy For Lorache Group Job Recruitment (10 Positions) / Apply For Dangote Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Angelawhite(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
As a fresh graduate of Electrical Engineering, I was delighted when I saw an advert about Dangote Group Engineering Trainee program. I quickly clicked on the job application link but much to my consternation, I saw a space where I was meant to select my ethnicity. At that instance, I started developing cold feet and began to preempt the shortlisting criteria as one that will be based on tribal grounds. To further confirm my fears, I scrolled through the alphabetically arranged list of over 200 tribes in search of my tribe (Igbo) but could not find it.

I could not proceed with the application (which I am sure I am duly qualified for) Just because I am Igbo sad

Let someone help me with a second look at the list because I'm tired of searching.
The ethnicity drop down menu appears once the country is selected

Link to the Job post: https://www.nairaland.com/4291060/dangote-petroleum-refinery-engineering-trainees

Application page: https://careers.dangote-group.com/Applyprojects.aspx?FvzGJuoNo7d4ddS0BpfOZw==

Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Angelawhite(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2018

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Destined2win: 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Why would ethnicity be a criteria in the first place for God's sake?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
If this is true then there's a problem. Others should confirm. I mean if you want to marginalise a certain tribe why make it obvious? What message are you trying to convey? Maybe there's a honest mistake.

Visited the site but turned back when it asked me for password and username before login.
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by jdluv(f): 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
he knows you have innoson

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by galax1: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
Chai ehtnic bigot check there is igbo its not orderly

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by subcbouy: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
You lots have issues.
cry Nigerians wept!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
galax1:
What browser did you use and how did you check it?
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Angelawhite(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
galax1:

You saw Igbo or you just feel it is not possible to be omitted.... which one? can I see screenshot?
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Angelawhite(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
What browser did you use and how did you check it?
Please ask him
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by tolextony(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Angelawhite:
As a fresh graduate of Electrical Engineering, I was delighted when I saw an advert about Dangote Group Engineering Trainee program. I quickly clicked on the job application link but much to my consternation, I saw a space where I was meant to select my ethnicity. At that instance, I started developing cold feet and began to preempt the shortlisting criteria as one that will be based on tribal grounds. To further confirm my fears, I scrolled through the alphabetically arranged list of over 200 tribes in search of my tribe (Igbo) but could not find it.

I could not proceed with the application (which I am sure I am duly qualified for) Just because I am Igbo sad

Let someone help me with a second look at the list because I'm tired of searching.
The ethnicity drop down menu appears once the country is selected

Link to the Job post: https://www.nairaland.com/4291060/dangote-petroleum-refinery-engineering-trainees

Application page: https://careers.dangote-group.com/Applyprojects.aspx?FvzGJuoNo7d4ddS0BpfOZw==

Lalasticlala
Seun

Igbo is obviously there nah.. Change your mindset, this kinda mentality isn't good for a young graduate like you...

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
Angelawhite:

You saw Igbo or you just feel it is not possible to be omitted.... which one? can I see screenshot?
Check again and screenshot that very section. Seems the mistake is on your part.
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
tolextony:

Igbo is obviously there nah.. Change your mindset, this kinda mentality isn't good for a young graduate like you...
I don't think it's a mindset problem. The three major tribes are used to been named first while others follow. She was probably working with that. It's not the other mindset you are about. Or how else would you feel if you made same mistake and can't find your tribe there? What will you think?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by PenisCaP: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
I don't think it's a mindset problem. The three major tribes are used to been named first while others follow. She was probably working with that. It's not the other mindset you are about. Or how else would you feel if you made same mistake and can't find your tribe there? What will you think?

U have too muxh conmon sense.
Share him some pls
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
PenisCaP:

U have too muxh conmon sense. Share him some pls
Smh.
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by wingmanII: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2018
Why is the ethnicity required? What has it got to do with the job? Seems it's impossible for Nigeria to become a real nation in the near future.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2018
But even in multinational companies, they ask for ethnicity. It will be silly to omit igbo when they can actuaĺly refuse you an offer after a final interview.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by galax1: 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
I used fire fox I am not really understanding cos I filled for sm1.it wasn't alphabetically arranged for igbo.check.....
Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by odoguma(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
RECRUITING NOW IROKO TV!!!!

Offline Sales Agent

Our client is one of the largest Internet companies in West Africa with offices in Lagos, London, New York and Johannesburg. They are a well-funded, Venture Capital backed internet business. This company has been featured in publications such as CNN, CNBC Africa, BBC, NY Times, Variety, Financial Times, Economist, The Sunday Times, The Times, Forbes, Techcrunch and many others. They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

Ikeja
Victoria Island
Surulere
Lekki / Ajah
Alimosho
Isolo/Okota
Yaba
Ajah
Maryland
Trade Fair/Alaba
Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
Ketu
Ikorodu
Apapa

Key Responsibilities

Sell IROKOTV subscription from their designated Kiosk and within its environs
Identify opportunities for corporate sales and new market frontiers for agent to explore and market IROKOTV
Provide customer service to existing subscribers
Receive cash on behalf of IROKOTV for new subscriptions, and remit to IROKOTV bank accounts provided
Market IROKOTV and create awareness around the kiosks

Key Requirements

Should have previously worked - or have an understanding - of sales/ target driving job.
Should be of high integrity, and have guarantors and references that are verifiable (as agents will be dealing with cash).
Candidates should be confident, outspoken and able to convince customers to subscribe to IROKOTV..
Candidate should live close enough to locations were there are kiosks/ vacancies to ensure successful candidates are able to easily commute to and from work.
Preferably, candidate will have a functioning Android phone - in some cases, the company can issue the candidate a phone, subject to having a comfortable level of assurance from the candidates guarantor

Other Information

Career Growth: Offline Sales Agent > Team Lead > Sales Coordinator
Salary: 25,000 Per month Basic
On Target Earning: 40,000 – 60,000 per month

Application Deadline: Not Specified

follow the link to apply https://jobs.erecruiterafrica.com/recruit/ViewJob.na?digest=7bFfrqWayytG7x7fCG6DFTqHlPOHxnp@LmlGlknZ7zE-&embedsource=Embed

Re: Dangote Group Job Application- Omission Of Igbos From The List Deliberate? by anibirelawal(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Current Recruitment In A Reputable Telecommunications Company / Two EXCELLENT Writers Wanted / 2013 Rx 350 Facelifted To 2016 Just Cleared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.