Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar (45346 Views)

First Thing Dasuki Did When He Returned Home After He Regains Freedom [PHOTOS] / Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo / Reactions As Amaechi And Abike Dabiri Clash At APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by anibi9674: 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
ok
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by kelpat581(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
No way he cud v moved the money away from that country without authority getting hold of him,Qatar isn't a free country.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Dude didn't have much of a choice tho. The error would have been discovered in at most two days during reconciliation. In these Arab states, you can not withdraw/move more than a certain amount in a day. This was enacted to checkmate terrorism funding.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by DONADAMS(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
na wa oh
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Global616: 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
wow. this is GOOD grin
start the year with money in your pocket by knowing the secrets on how to make money online

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by ACE1010: 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice one my brother. God bless your hustle .
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by DWJOBScom(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
In Nigeria , the Police would have arrested him first or he will call and promise to return and throw his sim away alongside his house address, phone and self or a certain state in one of the middle belt state would've ordered his sack for going to the media

Honest people still exist
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Araoluwa005(m): 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
kmcutez:
Both of them be looking like #200 Agege Bread.
receive sense
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Newpride(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
Guy ur own come too much, d send u make u curse am back? Follow ur lane

Guy ur own self too much, wetin concern 3rd party for this matter
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by ACE1010: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2018
kelpat581:
No way he cud v moved the money away from that country without authority getting hold of him,Qatar isn't a free country.

All the same lets commend the young man for his honesty. grin grin
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Diso60090(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
iye dey house never chop
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by zoedew: 7:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Salutary! National honours!
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
Stanbic do mistake deposit 9k for my account last year. No be speed I take withdraw am?
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Apina(m): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
undecided
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by KanwuliaExtra: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2018
Did he have a choice but to return the money?
He would have been a dead-goner ke! grin

2 Likes

Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by cooltola(m): 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
Did she make that kind of money in a honest way? Nigeria politicians are always well fed.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by kings09(m): 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
GavelSlam:
Correct bros.
No ipob cry from u?
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
VivaDeAngelo:
So this madam is still around? How obscure this clueless government can make one to become.

Kudos to that Nigerian jari!!! There are many of us like that, if you doubt it you can try me.

Bolaji Lotanna Farouk
Wema Bank
Stylishly begging for alm.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Deo1986(m): 7:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice gesture there from that Edo man. Oba must be proud of his diaspora subject. Give him chieftancy title jare!
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by GavelSlam: 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
kings09:
No ipob cry from u?

Look through my contributions on this forum.

I face issues and not tribes or gangs.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Protocall: 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
Proudly Nigerian
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2018
what?! shocked what kinda..?! well...if that was me? i would keep the damm! money! it is banks money! banks have been thieving from their customers from the beginning of time.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Donciz: 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
The country has really changed our mentallity......i'd commend him fr dat selfless act of honesty buh it'll be really hard fr me to let go ...kudos bro
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Skhibanj1015(m): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
He would be tracked easily had he not returned the money.

quote author=aminulive post=64283668]Dabiri Meets Nigerian In Qatar Who Returned N150m Wrongfully Paid To Him

Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has hailed a Nigerian, Michael Jonathan Asemota a.k.a Teddy for his sincerity and honesty in returning QR1,502,000 ($441,127.99) about N150 million wrongfully posted into his account in Qatar.

In a statement by Abdur-Rahman Balogun, Special Assistant on Media to Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa stated that the SSA gave the commendation when she received Mr. Michael Asemota in her office on Wednesday in Abuja.

The SSA said that such a rare display of honesty and sincerity from a Nigerian in the Diaspora has given the country a facelift as well as other Nigerians living in Qatar.

She urged Asemota to continue to be a good ambassador of Nigeria and implore other Nigerians in the Diaspora to emulate the positive image he has given to Nigeria in Qatar .

`` With this exceptional act of honesty, you have become a positive image for Nigerians and Nigeria in Qatar in the midst of bad news tag against Nigerians in the Diaspora.

``We are truly proud of you and urge you to continue to extol the virtues and strength of the Nigerian heritage of honesty, integrity and honour. Your shinning beacon serves as inspiration to the Youth of Nigeria’’, Dabiri-Erewa stated in a letter of commendation personally signed by her and given to Asemota.

Michael Asemota, a native of Edo state but based in Doha, Qatar, had opened an account with a cheque of QR150, 200 with an undisclosed commercial bank, where he is the sole signatory of the account.

Narrating his experience to the SSA during the courtesy call in Abuja, ``as i got back home, I received an alert showing that a QR1,502,000 had been credited into my account by mistake instead of QR150,200.

“I went to see the manager to report the error of QR1, 502,000 deposited into my account. After checking for confirmation, the manager gave me a warm handshake in appreciation.”

Asked why he alerted the bank about the error, Asemota said:“I knew the money did not belong to me and shouldn’t be in my account in the first place, so there were no motives and temptations to keep it.”

He advised people faced with similar situations to ”immediately notify their bank to avoid any potential problems as the bank will eventually trace their mistake back to your account and withdraw the mistakenly deposited money.”

He said the singular act has given Nigeria and Nigerians positive image in Qatar in the midst of bad stories of Nigeria emanating from the country.

Asemota is an official of Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation-Qatar (NIDO-Qatar), the umbrella body of Nigerian residents in the country.

https://politicsngr.com/dabiri-meets-nigerian-qatar-returned-n150-million-wrongfully-paid/
[/quote]
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by ideylaff: 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2018
kmcutez:

Look at the rot around the door key hole in Abike Dabiris office.

Na by Force to work in Aso Rock.

Her job is nothing but a glorified messenger for the diaspora.

No value added than taking picture as she travels round the world.

Treacherous lady she was during her NTA days and I’m sure she’s stepping on toes already
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by mechanics(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by room089: 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2018
Asemota from Edo state!
Still some people go come yarn for hia say na only prostitution we sabi!

Bros I hail o!
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by ofuonyebi: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
this is more than whistle blowing...handshake is not enough...give him a national honour...m.o.n

afterall all those barawo honerabies sitting and sleeping in the troubled chambers has one national honor or the other..

where you find some evil men and women..you'll see some with great integrity to bear...welldone jare..our quatar man..
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by nwaonyeze001(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
kmcutez:

you must be based in Lagos.........
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by nwaonyeze001(m): 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2018
kmcutez:

you must be based in Lagos......
Re: Michael Jonathan Asemota And Abike Dabiri Meet After He Returned N150m In Qatar by Martin0(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
gypsey:
what?! shocked what kinda..?! well...if that was me? i would keep the damm! money! it is banks money! banks have been thieving from their customers from the beginning of time.

Na wa for u ooo! Money wey nor be ya own? Nna eh! Come to ma church for special deliverance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Wishes To Find These 4 Kids Laughing (Photo) / MC Oluomo Invited As A 'Special Guest' In UNILAG (Photos) / Oshiomhole Replies Saliu Lukman, "Says I Won’t Fight With A Pig"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.