Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back (2310 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Oricha62(m): 7:21am On Jan 19, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Matthew 14:33

Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

A demon worshiped him. He knew what you don't know.

Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

The disciples worshiped him.

Luke 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

He did not reject all this worship. If it is not in his place to accept it, re would have rejected it.

This is why we pray in his name,:

John 14:13

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

JESUS DOES WHATSOEVER WE DO IN HIS NAME.

HE ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS.

God the Father said this:

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord,

which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

JESUS said this:

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega,

the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches

which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira,

and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Mystery?

No.

JESUS and the Father are One.

I hope I have answered your questions.

You know clearly that there is different between a COMMAND statement and REPORT.

The above verses you qouted were all reports it was sombody reporting not A direct statement from Jesus.

Muslims worship ALLAH because he command us to worship him.

"Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So worship Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.
Quran 20:14

In Qur'an (19:36)

(Jesus had said): "Indeed Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him alone. This is the Straight Way.

Give me something similar to what I gave you from your Bible.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Oricha62(m): 7:26am On Jan 19, 2018
honey001:

Please, are u a spirit filled born again Christian?

Only in Nigeria people use question to answer questions.
You haven't answered my question.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Originakalokalo(m): 7:33am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=Oricha62 post=64325939]

You know clearly that there is different between a COMMAND statement and REPORT.

The above verses you qouted were all reports it was sombody reporting not A direct statement from Jesus.

"Verily, I am Allah: There is no god but I: So worship Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise.

(Jesus had said): "Indeed Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so serve Him alone. This is the Straight Way.

[/quote

JESUS does not know Allah.

Jesus said.... I come in my father's name, but you rejected me. Another shall come IN HIS OWN NAME.

HIM YOU WILL RECEIVE.

MOHAMMED CAME IN HIS OWN NAME.

I will believe anything and everything the Bible reports.

If JESUS did not stop people from worshiping him,

If he asks me to pray in his name and receive answer to my prayer,

I will do it. I have been doing that and it works for me.

GOD SAID:

This is my BELOVED SON.In whom I AM WELL PLEASED. HEAR HIM.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him,

and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them:

and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

That is what you requested for.

Accept JESUS and be converted.

Repent.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Wilgrea7(m): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2018
true.. the disciples and Paul strongly believed that jesus would be coming in their time.. it makes me wonder what more is to the story
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by gede7744(f): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2018
frosbel2:

and then what?

Frosbel what is your points? Are you an Antichrist? you want to start freeze part 2 abi? leave Christianity for God and those that knows its depth. stop quoting Bible to confuse people
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by honey001(m): 8:21am On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:

Only in Nigeria people use question to answer questions.
You haven't answered my question.

That shows we are peculiar in Nigeria..... Okay to answer ur question, it's the OP
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by sonmvayina(m): 8:31am On Jan 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Of course, there is only one KING
Of course, as might be expected, Jesus was a MAN

So, in effect, are you saying it is a difficult and impossible thing for God to be MAN, innit?
Am I right that you're saying God has no business in being Man, even if He so wish to?
Am I right that you're saying, it is dissonant for God to entertain an idea to be MAN or wish to be one
and so in effect, saying, at any time "t", God has no right to be MAN?

Numbers 23:19
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Dalamama: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2018
Why should Jesus come back? Christianity is a joke.

It's a cult that celebrates human sacrifice. We are told to believe a story that God sent himself on a suicide mission to sacrifice himself to himself to save us from himself? And he didn't even stay dead so what was the point? Ridiculous bullshit.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 8:46am On Jan 19, 2018
sonmvayina:
Numbers 23:19
Please tell, if that is before or after the?
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Oricha62(m): 8:55am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=Originakalokalo post=64326186][/quote]
Answer my question,give evidence from your Bible.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Oricha62(m): 9:05am On Jan 19, 2018
[quote author=Originakalokalo post=64326186][/quote]

If GOD SAID:

This is my BELOVED SON.In whom I AM WELL PLEASED. HEAR HIM. As YOU believe
Is hear me the same with hear him ?
Between God and beloved son,who is greater?

Who should we pray in his name and worship ,between God and beloved son ?
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Originakalokalo(m): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:

If GOD SAID:

This is my BELOVED SON.In whom I AM WELL PLEASED. HEAR HIM. As YOU believe
Is hear me the same with hear him ?
Between God and beloved son,who is greater?

Who should we pray in his name and worship ,between God and beloved son ?

Pray to God in the name of Jesus.

And it Shall be done.

You will even be able to cast out demons , only in the name of Jesus.

In the name of Jesus,

Every knee shall bow
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:
Jesus is a messenger and prophet of God
Jesus is a messenger a prophet of God and much more

Oricha62:
Jesus never called himself God
Jesus never denied He is God

Oricha62:
neither does he ask his followers to worship him and pray in his name
Jesus never refused His followers to worship him and pray in His name

Oricha62:
It is Christian that called him God
The Jews answered Jesus,
"We're going to stone you to death, not for any good things you've done, but for dishonoring God.
You claim to be God, although you're only a man."

- John 10:33

Jesus never argued He isnt God when the Jews accused Him being God

Oricha62:
Please give to me prove in the bible where Jesus called himself God?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- John 1:1

God said to Moses,
"I AM WHO I AM";
and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

- Exodus 3:14

Jesus told them,
"Truly, I tell all of you emphatically, before there was an Abraham, I AM!"

- John 8:58

Join the dots, dont break a leg though

Oricha62:
And also where he command his followers to worship him and pray in his name?
You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.
- John 14:13

Jesus never drove away or shooed off the many that at one time or the other ocassion worshipped Him

Oricha62:
Answer my question, give evidence from your Bible.
The ones you have you cant deal with them mayne
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by timzyrhymes(m): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You are not saved in the name of Olumba.

You are saved in the name of Jesus.

JESUS is your Lord. Olumba is not.

Acts 1:10-11 (KJV)
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven..

My beloved brethren he won't come from the sky,so look not to the sky he is here now in manlike form remember the angels in white apparel asked them why are they gazing up into heaven?? meaning that's not the manner he'll come,there thoughts n believes where field with the simple truth why looking up when he'll come the same way and manner he left, in man like form.My Brother, Christ as come and he is with man and man is with him..he is dwelling with his children with a new name Olumba OLumba obu.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 19, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Oricha62(m): 10:36am On Jan 19, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Pray to God in the name of Jesus.

And it Shall be done.

You will even be able to cast out demons , only in the name of Jesus.

In the name of Jesus,

Every knee shall bow

Quote from bible not from your head.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Originakalokalo(m): 10:46am On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:

We have exchanged ideas enough.

Let everyone believes what he believes.

We are done here.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Thegospelman(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2018
frosbel2:
"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed"- 1 Corinthians 15:51

Paul speaking in the present tense to the believers that they shall NOT ALL SLEEP (DIE). Yet they died about two thousand years ago and Jesus is still not here

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ Matthew 16: 27, 28

They all tasted death two thousand years ago and Jesus is still not here

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ Mark 13:26-30

That generation passed away two thousand years ago and Jesus is still not here

“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

The believed they were in the LAST DAYS two thousand years ago, yet Jesus has not returned.

“Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

The believed they were in the LAST HOUR two thousand years ago, yet Jesus has not returned.

Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away.” - 1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31

Paul was so 100% certain that Jesus was going to return in his lifetime that he told married men to live as though they had no wives and others not to get married, and that was two thousand years ago and Jesus is not back.

“…the coming of the Lord is near. …the Judge is standing right at the door.” - James 5:8, 9

Where ??
Hear as I deal with all the issues you raised here!
(1) When Paul said "we", he was not referring to the early church Christians only but to all who will be called, if they have slept, have we who believe in the gospel of the early church slept? No!

(2)When Jesus said "some of those who are standing here" the most important thing for you to understand is "standing here", he meant those who are abiding by the gospel and teachings of God's church, the apostles passed down the gospel to the early church and from the early church we have the gospel as well. We are still standing in the faith, though the apostles and early church believers have tasted death, we haven't! Only carnally minded people interpret the word of God by the letters.

(3) When Jesus said . Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.", He referring to the nation of Israel, that's what He meant by "fig tree". So Jesus means that when Israel regains its territory and waxes strong, that's the period He will come back, so when the generation of Israel becomes strong the generation will by no means all pass away till Christ comes, I have written a topic about it you may visit my profile for details. As you might have known Israel, has not yet regained all its territory although it has indeed waxed strong, for example Jerusalem is still a contended city between Israel and Palestine, and this Jerusalem is the heartbeat of Israel.

(4-7) Your problem here is simply "Timing", as it is written in 2 Peter chapter 3 verse 8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." So God's timing is different from our timing, because we human beings are bound by time and space but God is not. And the Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and Holy Spirit speaks the minds of God.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by MuttleyLaff: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:

Originakalokalo:

We are done here
It wouldn't even have mattered if you didn't quote from head brother.
Chap's mind is closed and made up
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Originakalokalo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

It wouldn't even have mattered if you didn't quote from head brother.
Chap's mind is closed and made up

That's true.

I engaged him in the discussion because he needs to know how to be saved.

Now, that he knows,. there is nothing we need to talk about anymore.

Whatever happens,. He is responsible for himself.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Oricha62(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
Originakalokalo:

We are done here.

Thanks so much ,I wish you all the best.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Originakalokalo(m): 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:

Thanks so much ,I wish you all the best.

Thanks for reading my replies.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
Oricha62:

(Jesus had said): "Indeed Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him alone. This is the Straight Way.

You are so funny...did Allah wrote what you quoted up there in the Quran?...absolutely not. It was reported in the same manner we see in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2018
Thegospelman:

Hear as I deal with all the issues you raised here!
(1) When Paul said "we", he was not referring to the early church Christians only but to all who will be called, if they have slept, have we who believe in the gospel of the early church slept? No!

(2)When Jesus said "some of those who are standing here" the most important thing for you to understand is "standing here", he meant those who are abiding by the gospel and teachings of God's church, the apostles passed down the gospel to the early church and from the early church we have the gospel as well. We are still standing in the faith, though the apostles and early church believers have tasted death, we haven't! Only carnally minded people interpret the word of God by the letters.

(3) When Jesus said . Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near.", He referring to the nation of Israel, that's what He meant by "fig tree". So Jesus means that when Israel regains its territory and waxes strong, that's the period He will come back, so when the generation of Israel becomes strong the generation will by no means all pass away till Christ comes, I have written a topic about it you may visit my profile for details. As you might have known Israel, has not yet regained all its territory although it has indeed waxed strong, for example Jerusalem is still a contended city between Israel and Palestine, and this Jerusalem is the heartbeat of Israel.

(4-7) Your problem here is simply "Timing", as it is written in 2 Peter chapter 3 verse 8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." So God's timing is different from our timing, because we human beings are bound by time and space but God is not. And the Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and Holy Spirit speaks the minds of God.

Such drivel up there lacking in truth, fact or logic.

Try again !
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Originakalokalo(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2018
When JESUS asked his disciples to preach the gospel news,

He told them to say..." The kingdom of God is come to you"

JESUS himself told the disciples. " The kingdom of God has come"

JESUS Said... The kingdom of God is in you.

Now, when JESUS said....

some of you are standing here and won't taste of death
UNTIL THEY SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD COME IN GREAT POWER.

The Pentecost brought the presence of the holy Spirit.

This is the kingdom of God.

Bible says... Righteousness peace and joy in the holy ghost THAT IS THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

God's kingdom is established through the holy ghost.

After healing and preaching the gospel, Jesus would say...

The kingdom of God has COME TO YOU.

So yes,

Some of those people were still alive when the holy Spirit came at Pentecost.

The kingdom of God is in you.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Lex11(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
"Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us,[a] the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation. For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[a] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:1-9

To some of the op's assertions...
"We" in 1 Corinthians 15:51 refers to all true believers/the justified of God... including those that will be physically alive when the Lord Jesus Christ returns...not those present over 2000 years ago.

The tasting of death in Matthew 16: 27, 28 refers to the second death, I.e., the death of the soul, and not the body as you suppose. See Revelation 21:8

I could go on and on... but you get the point. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.. and profess that He reigns eternally and that His entire word is true... because it is.

Peace.
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 22, 2018
^^^

You have not logically refuted my points based on the words of scripture that quite clearly and glaringly state that the end was imminent about two thousand years ago.

Other verses such as the one you quoted were in reaction to the restless of many believers who wondered why the end had not yet come when so many had died who were supposed to witness this event.

Think about it!
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by MrPresident1: 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
frosbel2:
^^^

You have not logically refuted my points based on the words of scripture that quite clearly and glaringly state that the end was imminent about two thousand years ago.

Other verses such as the one you quoted were in reaction to the restless of many believers who wondered why the end had not yet come when so many had died who were supposed to witness this event.

Think about it!

Frosbel, since you are no longer willing to be shackled by conventional beliefs, are you willing to examine some logical and reasonable but unpopular approaches?

If you are willing to be logical, you will understand few things...

Logic only, nothing more
Re: Why Jesus Is Not Coming Back by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
MrPresident1:

Frosbel, since you are no longer willing to be shackled by conventional beliefs, are you willing to examine some logical and reasonable but unpopular approaches?

If you are willing to be logical, you will understand few things...

Logic only, nothing more

Yes of course - smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Suicide Of Yahweh / Internet On Fire As Apst Suleman Asks FG To Allow Him Go To Isolation Centers / Fr. Mbaka Clears The Air , Says He Has Never Seen Uloma's unclothedness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.