Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) (38201 Views)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) / Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
I took a drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in the outskirts of Abuja to Abuja city proper and it took me a little over 30 minutes.

The road is one of the best in the country and I don't think there's any other road outside Abuja that can beat it.

I will take you through the drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBy9Hy5chbQ

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
More pictures...
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2021
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by ojun50(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
Every body get him own problem

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Omihanifa: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2021
30 minutes is long nah undecided

Airport to city centre no suppose take you pass 15 or 20mins max

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by lilvicky68(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
When I drove from Abuja to Lagos in 5 mins did I talk?

147 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2021
Omihanifa:

Kuku kill me na grin

28 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Omihanifa: 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
hedonister:

Kuku kill me na grin

Am serious o

How can you spend 30mins from airport to city centre on a weekend for that matter shocked

Abuja way be say nah few cars dey day road for weekend

18 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Lubumbashi: 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
Singing
Our money o, Oh our money, Niger Delta money o, Abuja dey chop am oo

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by StepTwo: 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2021
Omihanifa:

I tire oo, the guy must be a newbie in Abuja. How many minutes is Lokoja to Abuja City talk more of Airport.

29 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Kzinne: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 27, 2021
nothing really special about the roads............typical example of Nigerian roads looking odd.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by mytime24(f): 11:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
See news grin
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Originalsly: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Interesting... watched the video to the end. Really think the roads are good.... both highways and local. Very little silt build up at the sides of the highways... guess they do sweep to keep it in check. Saw silt almost take up a lane on other highways... so indeed... the roads are pretty good and I'll say maintained. What struck me most?.... first the trees on the islands at the beginning of the video... why are we soooo foreign minded?... why must the trees be pine trees?... or a crude attempt to shape some kind tree like pine trees? Why couldn't they be trees natural to our environment?... like those used along the highway later in the video? Moving on. I've noticed the almost lack of signs on the highway... and the few were very small... not easily read during daylight let alone at night. So if I were to make the same trip.... how would I know when and where to branch off?.. how did you know on your first trip? On highway speed limit... again... saw no posted signs... is there a limit? Those ehmmm.... Kilimanjaro walkways.... it must be for the fit only..... no doubt.... elderly, fat and handicap discrimination. Just curious... heard the tick tocking of the car signal while overtaking.... is it you put on hazard lights? ....what's that about?
Enjoyed the video.... keep posting bro.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Originalsly: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
lilvicky68:

When I drove from Abuja to Lagos in 5 mins did I talk?

Witch craft?

1 Like

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
Originalsly:
Interesting... watched the video to the end. Really think the roads are good.... both highways and local. Very little silt build up at the sides of the highways... guess they do sweep to keep it in check. Saw silt almost take up a lane on other highways... so indeed... the roads are pretty good and I'll say maintained. What struck me most?.... first the trees on the islands at the beginning of the video... why are we soooo foreign minded?... why must the trees be pine trees?... or a crude attempt to shape some kind tree like pine trees? Why couldn't they be trees natural to our environment?... like those used along the highway later in the video? Moving on. I've noticed the almost lack of signs on the highway... and the few were very small... not easily read during daylight let alone at night. So if I were to make the same trip.... how would I know when and where to branch off?.. how did you know on your first trip? On highway speed limit... again... saw no posted signs... is there a limit? Those ehmmm.... Kilimanjaro walkways.... it must be for the fit only..... no doubt.... elderly, fat and handicap discrimination. Just curious... heard the tick ticking of the car signal while overtaking.... is it you put on hazard lights? ....what's that about?
Enjoyed the video.... keep posting bro.
Thanks Bro!!!

Lalasticlala
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Prodigee: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
Originalsly:
I've noticed the almost lack of signs on the highway... and the few were very small... not easily read during daylight let alone at night. So if I were to make the same trip.... how would I know when and where to branch off?.. how did you know on your first trip? On highway speed limit... again... saw no posted signs... is there a limit?
Nigerians don't obey road signs ever. Driving is haphazardly and no speed limit. Keeping to lane is zero. What were you expecting in a lawless society like ours?!

5 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:00am On Mar 01, 2021
StepTwo:

I tire oo, the guy must be a newbie in Abuja. How many minutes is Lokoja to Abuja City talk more of Airport.
You wan drive lokoja to Abuja in 30mins? That journey is upto 2hrs or even more sef

25 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by hedonister: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
lalasticlala...
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Few hours ago, someone did it in 20 minutes or less

.Abuja fine Sha. But it's too boring. Everybody dey orderly like zombies. No fun. I dey canoe area right now and I just wound down so as to take in the smell and the sound. Shouts of Gala gala , pure water, bottle water wa O everywhere. Plantain chips! Conductors shouting orilowo ejigbo. Nurtw screaming owo da. And how in God's name am I smelling catfish peppersoup by this time on Monday morning? Dem dey cook for holdup?

Lagos is stressful but I won't trade it for anyplace else. Except Yankee oooo.

8 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by premierlead: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Lo ri iro ...on top lie.

This is the effect of South South crude oil

Money generated in South enriches the Abujas

Money generated in Lagos lives in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by goldtube(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
shocked
Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
People go dey lie like frog.. say na lokoja to Abuja city in 30 minutes.. make una lie small small abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by merits(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
grin

3 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Queenlovely(f): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
I can say with authority that this government is broke,

some of these roads now have portholes.

Airport road is smooth because politicians must use that road.

but there is a loooming time bomb at Lugbe. All those Idp camps with hausa boys. they would make that road uncomfortable for others tommorow.

5 Likes

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by Bampeh: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
You will spend hours to cover such a distance in a city like Lagos

Bampeh hate traffic!

1 Like

Re: I Drove From The Airport To Abuja City In 30 Minutes (pics, Video) by IhateMyDad: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
show us your car

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Declared Missing Were Killed In An Accident On Their Way To Kogi / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.