Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,738 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? (12451 Views)

Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) / See What Bees Did To This Cat / Pls What Is The Name Of This Cat Breed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by whycee001(m): 7:04am On Jan 20, 2018
What i think u can do is to set trap for the kitten, wen i was young we use is for bird hunting, get a big basket, use average stick of 15cm-20cm to raise a side of the basket remember to tie a rope at the base of the stick, put the cat feed underneath the basket and hide with the rope attached to the stick, wen the kit come around jus draw the rope so that the stick will be dethatch from the basket, that the trap for my bird hurt.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by murjaatu(f): 7:04am On Jan 20, 2018
Keep food with fish for it where you know it will see it and eat. And just try to stroke the cats head or body. Trust me the cat is already ur friend cus wen next it sees you it will follow you
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Luukasz(m): 7:05am On Jan 20, 2018
kayjasper:
Why do you want to befriend a wild cat?

It is what it is. It can't be domesticated anymore.

Just leave some good food on its part, that's the best you can do.

I no no why you children no wan hear say no dey watch too much Nat Geo Wild. Na so one pastor do for U.I zoo one time wey in go pray for Lion inside zoo as my boy enta lion no even chill en tear am apart with en bone.
You fit comot animal from wild but no way you fit comot wild from am

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by LemuelIrabor: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2018
kayjasper:
Why do you want to befriend a wild cat?

It is what it is. It can't be domesticated anymore.

Just leave some good food on its part, that's the best you can do.

Thank you for your reply. smiley
There is no wild beast that cannot be domesticated. All it takes is time and lotsa love.
Refer to the link below to read about a family that adopted an adult lion back in 1971.

Besides, if I drop the food anywhere along its normal route, there is no guarantee that the kitten will get it to it first. Crows, hens and other birds may eat it up before it does.

Peace to you. ~LI
smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/4299711/family-lived-real-lion-back#64353192

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by eyeon(m): 7:06am On Jan 20, 2018
Stray cat? This morning? Nawa o.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Kuluosha(m): 7:08am On Jan 20, 2018
morning house
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by bisghearl05: 7:09am On Jan 20, 2018
keep feeding it, all d cats need is to trust u that it will not end up in ur pot of soup. so if u have the resources, feed it whenever it comes around, while the cat is eating ur food, speak with it and make friendly gestures towards it, gradually it will draw closer to u but u av to be very patient cos it takes time
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by prodiG(m): 7:10am On Jan 20, 2018
Donbigi2:
That could be someone grandmother
holla
cheesy
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by LemuelIrabor: 7:12am On Jan 20, 2018
murjaatu:
Keep food with fish for it where you know it will see it and eat. And just try to stroke the cats head or body. Trust me the cat is already ur friend cus wen next it sees you it will follow you

Thank you so much for your reply. I will give it a try. cheesy ~LI
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by missjane: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2018
Pls dear be careful..Nigerian cat n oyibo cat no get same mentality ..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by sisisioge: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2018
Awwww...I love pets too but not cats. Usain might be hurt. Anyways, you can get smoked fish, the one not dried up o. Like grilled Titus. Anytime you see it around, just drop some for it. Ensure it sees you doing so. You may have to do so for a few weeks before it trusts you enough to follow you. They have trust issues but get really attached once they are in.

May God keep abami cats away from you o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by LemuelIrabor: 7:27am On Jan 20, 2018
whycee001:
What i think u can do is to set trap for the kitten, wen i was young we use is for bird hunting, get a big basket, use average stick of 15cm-20cm to raise a side of the basket remember to tie a rope at the base of the stick, put the cat feed underneath the basket and hide with the rope attached to the stick, wen the kit come around jus draw the rope so that the stick will be dethatch from the basket, that the trap for my bird hurt.

I don't think it will trust me if I trap or capture it. That's a very negative first impression for animals you're considering to make pets. However, your technique would work well with livestock. Good Morning. ~LI

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Kokaine(m): 7:36am On Jan 20, 2018
LemuelIrabor:
Hey there, feline aficionados!
smiley

I've got a wee issue I'd like to get your advice on. Please take the time to read this.

Let's get right down to brass tacks.

I'm still a student. I do not have the available resources (time to be with it constantly, space for it to live & sleep in, money to buy food & supplies, etc) to get my own kitten. Besides, my folks are pet-resistant (as long as it's not livestock, don't bring it into the house, son!).

Anyway, there's a cat (I'm guessing its a ''teenage'' kitten from its shrill voice, am I even making sense? ''Teenage kitten.'') that saunters the streets of the neighbourhood mostly in the dead of the night. Some evenings, it can easily be seen in the brush or lithely crossing the sidewalk, doing whatever cats do at that time o' day.

It's white-and-black and seems to have green eyes, with the surrounding exposed flesh a light pink, same as its mouth and paws (I've caught only glimpses). Once I walked down the street very close to the cat, but as I stopped to get a proper look, it BOLTed (I think I'll name it Usain, ha!).

OK, my plan is this: Lure it to my home, befriend it, feed it some leftover food or cat food if I can get it, talk to it, stay with it then let it go at its own volition. And when it comes again, befriend it some more, feed it some more, talk to it, stay with it. Then let it go again..and on and on. Until, at least, circumstances allow me to adopt it.

Weird plan, I know. But it's that or let it starve to death outside.
It's the dry season so the population of its natural prey, esp. rats are at an all time low. AND I DON'T WANT IT EATING COCKROACHES!
Two nights ago, it cried for almost 20mins. I dunno why, but I'm guessing it was due to the pangs of hunger. And later in the morning, I found a pool of thick blood on fallen banana leaves by the path it normally takes to the bushes. Don't know what this means but it can't be good. The blood was too much to be from a lizard or chicken.

But, ah..I deviate..

So the question is: How do I lure Usain in, and at least take proper care of it till the rains (and rats) return?

Cc Seun lalasticlala Mynd44 talk2saintify fynestboi
you did not mention the state. but if its Edo state, Benin city, then i strongly advice you leave that animal alone. it is actually a woman! student!!! take this advice seriously. read your books and forget the cat.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by ashjay001(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2018
Movingcoil:
Normally it can take care of itself, hunger don't kill cats, human factors do like those that brand cats evil or moving vehicles. Your plans to lure it won't do any good as you know cats hate to be restrained especially one that has tasted ferality. Another mistake is that cats can't survive on human food, though they may thrive but they are obligate carnivores.
Cats are best trained with so much love when they are kittens so that they will live all their life thinking you are their mother, mine will be two years by April this year and when I don't have cat food or meat, I don't feed him at all with human food, it will gladly go to the bush and hunt and still come back to my chest cos of my heartbeat. I'll advise you to forget the cat as u don't have the resources to take care of it.

Well, from what I've read on cats, they train utongue

Seems they're quite controlling n tend to take charge in any relationship with humans.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by LemuelIrabor: 7:39am On Jan 20, 2018
sisisioge:
Awwww...I love pets too but not cats. Usain might be hurt. Anyways, you can get smoked fish, the one not dried up o. Like grilled Titus. Anytime you see it around, just drop some for it. Ensure it sees you doing so. You may have to do so for a few weeks before it trusts you enough to follow you. They have trust issues but get really attached once they are in.

May God keep abami cats away from you o.

I actually suspect cannibalism, Or maybe someone tried to harm it. Your suggestion seems more realistic and promising than setting a trap. I will give it a try. smiley ~LI
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by GMbuharii: 7:43am On Jan 20, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Keep it well fed. Even humans bow for you when you feed them

That's how domestication started

they are talking about luring the cat in to cater for it and not to harvest its head for rituals
grin grin
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Xtopher123(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2018
FISH..

cats love fish....

Find a way to call it..

Dunno how to do that, but if it were dogs I'm sure of how to do that but for cats all I can say is if you get to call it then feed it fish.. A lotta fish
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Xtopher123(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2018
GMbuharii:

they are talking about luring the cat in to cater for it and not to harvest its head for rituals
grin grin

God, Politics aside you damn hilarious.. grin grin grin

Maybe you should drop more jokes to filled the political gap.. smiley smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by olowobaba10: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2018
BURY YOUR EGO FIRST , STOP TAKING BAD CRACKS AND STOP FORMING, YOU NEED MORE HELP THAN THAT IMAGINARY CAT!

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2018
op

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by EternalTruth: 8:41am On Jan 20, 2018
LemuelIrabor i admire your style of writing are you a student of UNIBEN?
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by 2scorehigh(m): 8:43am On Jan 20, 2018
Use a mouse.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by EternalTruth: 8:44am On Jan 20, 2018
Kokaine:
you did not mention the state. but if its Edo state, Benin city, then i strongly advice you leave that animal alone. it is actually a woman! student!!! take this advice seriously. read your books and forget the cat.
his name is Irabor which is a Bini name which means he is a student in one of the varsities in Benin preferably UNIBEN.
omo na to tear race oh the Cat might be a human being o based on this Edo witch syndrome.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by EternalTruth: 8:49am On Jan 20, 2018
Luukasz:
Ehn Ehn you be winch abi una wan dey disappear enta cat for midnight, e fit be say na you be black cat wey I see yesternite chai!
Holy ghost fire destroy you!!!!!!
Thou shall not use the name of the Lord Thy God in vain
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Chukazu: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2018
Human beings never eat finish na cat ?
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2018
ashjay001:

Well, from what I've read on cats, they train utongue

Seems they're quite controlling n tend to take charge in any relationship with humans.
That is true

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by EternalTruth: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2018
Homeboiy:
Na witch oo
i think say you been get exams today
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by EternalTruth: 8:52am On Jan 20, 2018
kenzysmith:
Gud moni may favour locate us today
Amen
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Homeboiy: 8:58am On Jan 20, 2018
EternalTruth:
i think say you been get exams today

Yes, I don' De prepare go school sef

But how u take know
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Troublemaker007(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2018
Tjohnnay:
Ok

Make dm pus*y niggas wake up

You can’t make it to Heaven I swear. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix / But Is Bingo The Only Nigeria Breed Of Dog (pix) / Mmk Home Of Caucasian Shepherds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.