Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,184 members, 7,839,033 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? (12464 Views)

Which Domestic Animal Do You Think Is Strong Enough To Kill This Cat? (Photos) / See What Bees Did To This Cat / Pls What Is The Name Of This Cat Breed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2018
It might be a wild cat, if its not, then feed it milk, cats love milk.

I love cats.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by EternalTruth: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2018
Homeboiy:

Yes, I don' De prepare go school sef

But how u take know
saw ur post in UNIBEN thread.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2018
You can imagine. Orishirishi.. Just know that once you invite 1, you invite 10
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Homeboiy: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2018
EternalTruth:
saw ur post in UNIBEN thread.

Cool
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by great664(m): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2018
To be able to advice you we need to know where exactly you are.... Nigerians do domesticate cat however they are lot of diabolic belief attached as you have seen... Same depends on the behvior and attitude of cat..

3 thing I could guess

LemuelIrabor is:

A Nigerian living outside
Living in Nigeria but born and bred outside.
Copy and paste the post from other site.

Let us know which one.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by obaogo: 10:08am On Jan 20, 2018
When next you are going near the Usain, go with fried fish or fried meat{why i ask you to do such is cat feed majorly on flesh}.throw this food to Usain and dont bother if he/she doesn't go there in your prensence. Do this everyday until Usain allows you close. Mind you Usain is watching and observing you, it might just take time for Usain to come in. Anyway if you want your own Kitten at affordable price. Hit me up.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Kokaine(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2018
EternalTruth:
his name is Irabor which is a Bini name which means he is a student in one of the varsities in Benin preferably UNIBEN.
omo na to tear race oh the Cat might be a human being o based on this Edo witch syndrome.
lool. this one wey be say na where he dey the cat dey always go ball so.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2018
LemuelIrabor:
Hey there, feline aficionados!
smiley

I've got a wee issue I'd like to get your advice on. Please take the time to read this.

Let's get right down to brass tacks.

I'm still a student. I do not have the available resources (time to be with it constantly, space for it to live & sleep in, money to buy food & supplies, etc) to get my own kitten. Besides, my folks are pet-resistant (as long as it's not livestock, don't bring it into the house, son!).

Anyway, there's a cat (I'm guessing its a ''teenage'' kitten from its shrill voice, am I even making sense? ''Teenage kitten.'') that saunters the streets of the neighbourhood mostly in the dead of the night. Some evenings, it can easily be seen in the brush or lithely crossing the sidewalk, doing whatever cats do at that time o' day.

It's white-and-black and seems to have green eyes, with the surrounding exposed flesh a light pink, same as its mouth and paws (I've caught only glimpses). Once I walked down the street very close to the cat, but as I stopped to get a proper look, it BOLTed (I think I'll name it Usain, ha!).

OK, my plan is this: Lure it to my home, befriend it, feed it some leftover food or cat food if I can get it, talk to it, stay with it then let it go at its own volition. And when it comes again, befriend it some more, feed it some more, talk to it, stay with it. Then let it go again..and on and on. Until, at least, circumstances allow me to adopt it.

Weird plan, I know. But it's that or let it starve to death outside.
It's the dry season so the population of its natural prey, esp. rats are at an all time low. AND I DON'T WANT IT EATING COCKROACHES!
Two nights ago, it cried for almost 20mins. I dunno why, but I'm guessing it was due to the pangs of hunger. And later in the morning, I found a pool of thick blood on fallen banana leaves by the path it normally takes to the bushes. Don't know what this means but it can't be good. The blood was too much to be from a lizard or chicken.

But, ah..I deviate..

So the question is: How do I lure Usain in, and at least take proper care of it till the rains (and rats) return?

Cc Seun lalasticlala Mynd44 talk2saintify fynestboi

Buy Akara. Cats love Akara or porridge beans.

Soon it will trace you to your door step for more.

Cat food is N400 per tin in Shoprite. But needs refrigerator cause it eats it up in 3 meals.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by rottenegg: 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
You want to eat the cat abi? End its misery.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by kraftlord(m): 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2018
well, they like fish.
I have had a cat like that...gone now but not come back. miss the thing. wish people like you are out there to feed stray cats like that. i like.

decide on a spot the cat passes. put fish. there are rats though. but somehow the dynamic will play out especially when the cats knows that you made effort to feed her. it will take some fishes...but hey...not a whole lot...you get to eat fish for your omegas anyways...share fish at night with the cat.

what else?
let the cat see you put the fish somewhere safe ish...not in the plain as if its a trap. like a gift like you care.
the cats might love you and all...there are benefits to your soul.
selah
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by o42austino(m): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2018
Cat most preferred food is fish,just like tiger they are shy creatures but soft and lovely. Just drop fish for him on a regular basis and make sure the kitten see u that your the one dropping that chow, it will take some time but it will trust you and run towards you when ever he sees you.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by purples25(f): 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
I love cats and still do , I even used to try to befriend the neighborhood cats, but , hmmmm......

After I had a dream where a child was crying outside my window at night , late. The little child was crying , sounding so scared, saying, please open the door. I woke someone else up, in the same dream and told them that someone abandoned a child outside. The person said I should bring the child in. I first decided to check the window and in shock I saw a cat clearly opening its mouth and crying like a child that I should let it in. It had it's front paws on the window will and was standing on it's hind legs. As I looked on in shock.......the cat stopped mewing pitifully and said with a deeper voice ' Come on, open the door jare ! ' .

I backed away to tell my family member what I just saw, but the person had disappeared. In their place was a witch , thin with a long thin gown, and hair that was like a broom, reaching the ceiling.

Then I woke up. This is what I dreamt of.

Since then I have not been able to like cats like I did before. I'm just a little doubtful now so I don't come near them as much as I used to before.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by colossus91(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
Are u talking about pussycat grin?
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by Marvelousdon: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hello guys please I need the answer please, is it safe to feed my 4months gsd with fufu and soup?
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by DeLioncourt: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
Movingcoil:
Normally it can take care of itself, hunger don't kill cats, human factors do like those that brand cats evil or moving vehicles. Your plans to lure it won't do any good as you know cats hate to be restrained especially one that has tasted ferality. Another mistake is that cats can't survive on human food, though they may thrive but they are obligate carnivores.
Cats are best trained with so much love when they are kittens so that they will live all their life thinking you are their mother, mine will be two years by April this year and when I don't have cat food or meat, I don't feed him at all with human food, it will gladly go to the bush and hunt and still come back to my chest cos of my heartbeat. I'll advise you to forget the cat as u don't have the resources to take care of it.

seconded
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by NisforNicky: 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
DeLioncourt:

seconded

hmmm c im head like ichie secondus cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by DeLioncourt: 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
NisforNicky:

hmmm c im head like ichie secondus cheesy cheesy cheesy

lmao. wetin i do na?
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by JohnieWalker12(m): 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Keep it well fed. Even humans bow for you when you feed them

That's how domestication started

I beg to differ for cats. These feline friends are very proud and as such sees you as a subordinate.

Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2018
JohnieWalker12:

I beg to differ for cats. These feline friends are very proud and as such sees you as a subordinate.

LOL....i keep reading this online that cats are the bosses.
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by NisforNicky: 8:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

LOL....i keep reading this online that cats are the bosses.

yh dat iz if yhu allow dem, mr nazi. angry
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by NisforNicky: 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
DeLioncourt:

lmao. wetin i do na?

grin
Re: How Do I Lure This Cat Into Our Apartment? by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2018
NisforNicky:

yh dat iz if yhu allow dem, mr nazi. angry

Lol...are you a Gestapo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caucasian And GSD Mix For Sale / Mmk Home Of Caucasian Shepherds / Help! My 7mnths Boerboel Dogs Still Playing With Strangers At 7months. Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.