Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know (17342 Views)

Drivers Should Be Observant Of These 10 Common Car Issues / 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by TDEMONEW(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2018
never been Tina driving school but I think I had to go now.... you guys need to see the way I bash my brother Camry yesterday all in the name of claiming driver... just because I no how to change gear I think saying Don sabi drive
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Spidermon: 7:29pm On Jan 20, 2018
In Nigeria, that defensive driving scope applies to everything not only when you are driving.

Before leaving your house, assume everybody you see is mad. It will save your life sooner than you know
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:57pm On Jan 20, 2018
aieromon:
Golden rule - The only sane person on the road is you. Every other person is mad.

perfect summary, after u have perfected the basics as a beginner, always assume that the person behind u has failed brake, the person in front has slept off, the keke by the side is being handled by a mad man, the bike man speeding from the next intersection and those trying to overtake u are high on drugs..... in FACT the perfect summary is up there...... Every other person is mad

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2018
ibro2much:
the GOLDEN RULE OF DRIVING.
always observe SAFETY FIRST before THE RIGHT OF WAY

meaning,even if you have the right of way first and you see another oncoming vehicle driving roughly or dangerously toward,better you give way and allow such vehicle go first than claim your right.
REMEMBER you have more to gain than lose if you allow rough or bad drivers way first.

it saves you TIME,ENERGY AND TRAUMA in the event of an accident or collision

I want to unanimously assume; on behalf of the house, that Lagos is excluded from this rule!

if u continue to give way what of the mad person behind u? is he in concordance with ur action and motive? u will unavoidably end up with several bashes from danfo drivers and impatient/mad/angry lagosians.

PS: even if u carry ur brand new Car on ur head and trek to ur destination, someone somewhere has been sent to scratch the car, he might alight, use a ladder, scratch the car and then enter the next available danfo! that's Lagos for u!

get the basics and fundamentals right, practice a lot in very free areas, gather lots of experience when u have fulfilled all of these...... drive by instinct.... know when to chance and when not to!

1 Like

Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by sidrobin70: 3:56pm On May 14, 2020
Re: The 5 Things Beginner Drivers Should Know by Janell77: 6:53pm On Apr 16

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) / Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.