Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. (4499 Views)

Google Adsense Introduces New Features For Faster Site Ownership Verification / Help Pls What Is The Name Of This Link That Appear Close to Google Search Result / How To Submit Your Website To Google With Java Phone Or Operamini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by cashcity: 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2018
I'm new to blogging world and was trying to set up Google webmaster tools before reaching to a page that requires me to prove site ownership by uploading a HTML file to my site..

Other methods of verification of ownership was listed too but was unsuccessful when I tried them.

I uploaded the HTML file unique to my site which was generated by Google to my host root folder as directed but still received failed authentication report..

Pals pls help me out on the adequate procedure to use so that I can start monitoring activities on my website.
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 21, 2018
Buhari is cursed for life

He's a fool

16 Likes

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by hezy4real01(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2018
Ask the same Google naw

1 Like

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Kennyg101: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2018
FTC
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by nairalandfreak(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2018
Clear your cookies and cache after uploading the files
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by hezy4real01(m): 6:57am On Jan 21, 2018
Haba early Sunday morning? Well God bless Nigeria
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by hezy4real01(m): 6:58am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:
He's a fool
Early Sunday morning..... Well God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by misterjosh(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2018
Google is still your best bet
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Itulah(m): 7:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Verify using META tags option....

Is the meta tag in the correct place on the page? Google look for it in the page's HEAD section. An example of correct placement is illustrated below.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Your Title</TITLE>
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="String_google_ask_for">
</HEAD>
<BODY>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:

He's a fool
How is this related to the topic

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:

He's a fool
How is this related to the topic. Must you always pronounce your stupidity online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by afoltundeseun(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:

He's a fool

[img]https:///media/1-18-2018/xjKwz7.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by dHustle: 7:20am On Jan 21, 2018
Join bloggers group here

Remove the bracket () from the link

https://chat.()whatsapp.com/6ZszePShuaL8WPOj0DFdIO
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by dHustle: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2018
Are you on wp or blogger?
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Dasameolgee(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2018
You can also download the HTML file and upload to your cpanel.
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by freeman95(m): 7:36am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:

He's a fool

Hope say Buhari no go give u hypertension and send you to early grave like this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by wizkidblogger(f): 7:37am On Jan 21, 2018
Use the meta option. Search www.ogbongeblog.com for the tutorial
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Diso60090(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:

How is this related to the topic
nor be This country the topic come out from all join
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by hassinho707(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:
He's a fool
Na waah o

1 Like

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by mainanalyst: 7:55am On Jan 21, 2018
Use Google webmaster tools, the instructions and everything needed is there ... Just type Google webmaster tools , you need a Gmail account though.
Best wishes
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Slaybaby1(f): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2018
Visit www.trenzhelm.com for related tips
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Doerstech(m): 7:58am On Jan 21, 2018
cashcity:
I'm new to blogging world and was trying to set up Google webmaster tools before reaching to a page that requires me to prove site ownership by uploading a HTML file to my site..

Other methods of verification of ownership was listed too but was unsuccessful when I tried them.

I uploaded the HTML file unique to my site which was generated by Google to my host root folder as directed but still received failed authentication report..

Pals pls help me out on the adequate procedure to use so that I can start monitoring activities on my website.

Make sure you have uploaded your file to the right folder. If your site is the one on the root folder of your host account ( That is your site is not an ADDON domain on the account ), Then you have to upload it to the public_html folder of the account.

if your site happens to be an ADDON Domain on the account, then you have to find the actual folder of your site inside the server. The folder will be on its own outside the Public_html folder and bearing the name of your website/blog Find it, open it and the upload the HTML file and authenticate.

If this is mot clear to your still, feel free and ask your question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by biggerboyc(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2018
You can download a plugin called header if you are using wordpress, put the html code in the plugin and save it. Then try verifying again,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by wakaman: 8:23am On Jan 21, 2018
megrimor:

He's a fool

If buhari is a fool, then your under achieved fathers that let their scum become a vermin like you are buffoons, they should have raped your sow mum with condoms.
Bastard child of a thousand fathers.
Yanmiri son of a sow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by lilkech(m): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2018
op don’t you have receipt for the website?

show goggle your particulars nah
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by adeoba2008(m): 9:21am On Jan 21, 2018
Make use of Google Search console. Choose your preferred option and you are good to go.
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by pacespot(m): 9:24am On Jan 21, 2018
Create an XML sitemap, simple!

If you are on WordPress, it takes an easy-peasy step. There are so many plugins designed for this.
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2018
wakaman:

If buhari is a fool, then your under achieved fathers that let their scum became a vermin like you are buffoons, they should have raped your sow mum with condoms.
Bastard child of a thousand fathers.
Yanmiri son of a sow.

I don't respond to illiterates. Because very soon the free 10mb MTN gave you will be exhausted.
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by festwiz(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2018
I verified mine by adding a CNAME record on my domain. The same method works for Bing and Yandex.
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by bigtt76(f): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2018
Ensure the uploaded file permissions is set to allow public viewing. Can you access the file through your browser on the same domain you are trying to authenticate?
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by SirLakes: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2018
Use meta tag option and add the code just below your
<head>
Re: How Can I Prove Site Ownership To Google. by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 10:17am On Jan 21, 2018
This kind thing fit blow pesin brain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website / How Can I Place BBM Sponsored Content? / Free Inbox Smtp Mailer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.