Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm (9041 Views)

Fayose's Letter To Chinese Government To Stop Buhari's $2bn Loan (Photos) / Obasanjo Awarded $841.6m Rail Project Without Mou –chinese Firm / Lagos Awards 69 Capital Projects At N50 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by Greycells(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
The Chinese have a reputation for efficient production. Dt explains why American coys are relocating to China cos of cheap production cost. The Chinese have been able to replicate same in Nigeria. They migrate into the country in droves and they are taking over the economy gradually (buying massive lands in the hinterland) and even competing by hawking at Ojuwoye Market.

The Americans and Eurpoeans overprice stuff while the Chinese will give the quality you pay for (Let's hope LASG has not paid for Taiwan quality grin)

This is one of the most balanced thread I hav seen on N-land in years.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by shotster50(m): 10:49pm On Apr 15, 2010
Awarding the contract to the Chinese company isnt necessarily a problem. Like someone said, it would be more expensive if it were to be a Western company.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by lawrytee(m): 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2010
Everything is now Chinese made in Nigeria!Chinese no go finish us for Naija.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by shotuns: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2010
I have personally travelled through Chinese subways and I wish you could all see how this railroads and trains were wonderfully constructed. I won't doubt their efficiency but what I will worry about it if LAGOS GOVERNMENT can really monitor them, if no proper monitoring then we may have a problem, all the materials to be used should be properly checked. We know China itself is a fake country from the top (Government) Our satelite that disappeared last time was never recovered and nothing was done,waste of money, time and resources. I guess everyone involved took their shares and buried the whole news, Another thing to worry about is maintenance. Nigeria as a whole lacks this part of development.
God helps.
The new face of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by ekoree: 2:34am On Apr 19, 2010
An offer came in from China to replace the satellite, free of cost.
We have to be wary of Western propaganda when it comes to the Chinese.
With respect to the project though, due diligence is key.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by shotuns: 6:00am On Apr 19, 2010
@ekoree , I won't disagree with you , I read it too that they offer to replace it for free , but the question is 'Have they'? may be working on it . I hope they will stand by their words.   And when it comes to news about China , I can tell though sometimes the media do go beyond their limit but Chinese government itself is a warehouse of propaganda, they manipulate information to their own advantage and  to the disadvantage of their rival especially when it comes to the matter of losing face.state matter and any involving challenging their authority.  But I will advise Nigerian government to supervise them seriously. i am not against their operation  and i know they can make it happen , just the 'TRUST' is my fear.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by tunde121oke: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2010
make una no chop the money ohhhh
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by olafolarin(m): 9:18am On Apr 20, 2010
The Chinese will do à very good Job if well supervised and forced to follow the Design of the project.
Such project is Long overdue As the pressure on Road Transport is just too much.The Mile 2 - Badagry Section of the Blue line should also Be revived to give the whole Section of the State à Big respite.
If that Happens,both Local and Foreign Investors will Be willing to finance the Red Line.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by Jenifa1: 3:54am On Oct 05, 2011
I hope once this one has been constructed ( by the chinese), we can learn and construct the subsequent ones ourselves.
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by ektbear: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

I hope once this one has been constructed ( by the chinese), we can learn and construct the subsequent ones ourselves.

A good hope. But how does one make it a reality?
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by Horus(m): 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2011

One of the trains destined for Lagos

Light Rail Route in the Middle of 10 Lane Badagry Road
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by ektbear: 2:19am On Nov 01, 2011
^-- nice pics
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by Rhino5dm: 5:45am On Nov 01, 2011
Very good. Yet, some people are calling this "white elephant" project? They enjoy the subway in Newyork?? ?. They are just jealous of real development coming to Nigeria/Lagos, which shall be the foundation of mega city.

Goooooooooooooooooooo Fashola!
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 01, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Very good. Yet, some people are calling this "white elephant" project? They enjoy the subway in Newyork?? ?. They are just jealous of real development coming to Nigeria/Lagos, which shall be the foundation of mega city.

Goooooooooooooooooooo Fashola!

Don't mind them. White elephant ko, purple elephant ni. This guy is changing the face of Lagos right before their eyes and all they can do is point fingers. A beeg!
Re: Lagos Awards Light Rail Project Contract To Chinese Firm by munas: 3:15am On Jul 02, 2017
olafolarin:
The project(Marina to Okokomaiko Rail line) will Be concluded by end of 2011.The other half Leasing to Badagry is facing tough Opposition from the FG who is hell-bent in concessioning the Road.The last Minister for Works made some stupid Statements negating the LASG initiatives.
I just Hope Jonathan will Support the LASG so that the Rail project can Be achieved.

What year is it now?

6 yrs and i dont even think it will be completed in another 3 yrs....making it 9 good yrs from your speculated completion date.

Lesson:Do not listen to government/political propaganda

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSA Azazi Or GEJ - Who Do We Believe On The Cause Of Bombings In Nigeria? / Budget Padding Controversy: Step Aside Now, PDP Tells Akpabio / An Ibo Call Jaja Opobo became King Opobo(ikot Abasi) Ibibio control akwa ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.