Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen (1944 Views)

Afenifere: Why SouthWest Governors Are Scared Of Taking Actions Against Herdsmen / CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest Against Herdsmen Killings / Monarch Tells Igbo: Don’t Trust Arewa Youths, Prepare Defense Against Oct 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 21, 2018
.FRIDAY OLOKOR, TOBI AWORINDE and CHIDIEBUBE OKEOMA

Some youth groups in the Middle Belt and southern part of Nigeria have vowed to resist the incursion of the dreaded Fulani herdsmen into their regions.

They have therefore urged the various state governors in the North-Central, South-West, South-East and the South-South geopolitical zones to offer necessary support to their members.

The militia groups, whose leaders spoke with SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday, included Agbekoya Farmers Association, Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra and the Indigenous People of Biafra.

Others are the National Council of Tiv Youths, Middle Belt Youth Council and the Middle Belt Forum (Youth Wing).

We’re well prepared to defend Yoruba land –Agbekoya

The National Publicity Secretary of the Agbekoya Farmers Association, Chief Olatunji Bandele, said the group was prepared to defend the South-West against herdsmen’s attacks.

Bandele stated, “The Agbekoya Farmers Association of Nigeria, founded in 1938, has now established the Agbekoya Vigilante Group, a security outfit, to secure our farmlands and crops.

“The Fulani herdsmen should steer clear of the South-West if their mission is to come and kill innocent citizens.

“Agbekoya is now ready to defend the South-West, especially our farmers, their families, farmlands and crops.”

Armed herdsmen are terrorists—MASSOB

Also, MASSOB leader, Uchenna Madu, said his group had perfected arrangements to resist attempts by the northern elite to use armed herdsmen to secure a second term for President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

Madu said, “MASSOB and other pro-Biafra groups represent the genuine interest of the Ndigbo which can never be denied. The Igbo leaders are not afraid to support or collaborate with Biafra agitating groups for the betterment of Igbo land and her people.”

Also, MASSOB’s Director of Information, who spoke on behalf of the group’s founder, Ralph Uwazuruike, said the group would insist on a free state of Biafra to enable the Igbo to deal with the criminal invasion by herdsmen wielding AK-47 rifles, arrows, machetes and other dangerous weapons.

“They have attacked almost all parts of the country with impunity. They are not hiding; they boast and walk freely on the streets without the Federal Government doing anything.”

In the same vein, IPOB, through its spokesman, Emma Powerful, told one of our correspondents that it had issued notices to herdsmen to vacate Igbo land since their mission was to cause mayhem.

We have signed our death warrants – Middle Belt Youths

In the same vein, the President of the National Council of Tiv Youths, Dr. John Akperashi, said his members had resolved to shed their blood to resist further attacks by the dreaded herdsmen.

He said, “The battle line has been drawn. The youths in the Middle Belt are ready and have agreed to rise up in unison to reject the Federal Government time bomb dressed in white robes.

“The Tiv youths particularly are pushed to the wall now and have collectively signed their death warrants, ready to pay the supreme price if that would count, to sustain and protect our lands from any form of colonisation, be it cattle, human or both.”

FG encouraging self-help, says M’Belt Council

Also, the President, Middle Belt Youth Council, who is also the youth leader of the Middle Belt Forum, Emma Zopmal, said by its inaction, the Federal Government was telling the Middle Belt youths to resort to self-help.

He said, “We cannot sit and watch this manslaughter on a daily basis. Life does not have a duplicate and it should not be allowed to be wasted needlessly all the time. The days of mourning will soon be over in the Middle Belt.

“The Fulani are only 4.7 million in Nigeria. How then can they continue being a threat to the whole nation of more than 160 million people that are not Fulani? Enough is enough; we are now poised for war.”

http://punchng.com/regional-militias-youths-prepare-for-battle-against-herdsmen/
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Haganah: 7:12am On Jan 21, 2018
If anything the OPC has to really work hard to defend its borders.

This evil wind is now fully directed to the SW and there is active support from the supposed protectors.

The Janjaw_eed is a mercenary force (active combatants and training operators). There is no physical difference between them and the Fulanis.

Read between the lines.

3 Likes

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 21, 2018

“The Fulani are only 4.7 million in Nigeria. How then can they continue being a threat to the whole nation of more than 160 million people that are not Fulani? Enough is enough; we are now poised for war.”

CC
Salamrushdie
Donbobes
Sarrki
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by MONITZ: 7:17am On Jan 21, 2018
Better because nobody has the monopoly of violence,it is better to die fighting than to be hacked to death while sleeping by these raging marauders...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by hisgrace090: 7:30am On Jan 21, 2018
No!
You should have waited the more.

Sultan and buhari will now be like, "why not have more patience? You know they were just excersizing their human right as citizen of this nation, Note-we can't allow anyone take the law into his hand no matter who".

Action is the only reply needed by this people this time around. For fg they can do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by freeze001(f): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2018
Excellent! Let those marauders and bloodthirsty fulani herdsmen be put in their place and let children of God have peace! Enough is enough!

Since an elected Federal government has taken sides with criminals and terrorists, the power of the people must now be exercised literally.

2 Likes

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by oloripelebe2: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2018
That's good

Scatter everything and let them know that nobody has the monopoly of violence. ..

The end is near for this shithole
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 21, 2018
Is it the president that said he's not in a hurry to do anything that will protect you ? Wisen up and defend yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Welrez(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2018
Bihari has shown by his actions that he is pro-herdsmen to the detriment of farmers. The right to life supersedes every other right.

1 Like

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:00am On Jan 21, 2018
The only way at which to prove the robotic president wrong. Bravo.

1 Like

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by DonBobes(m): 8:01am On Jan 21, 2018
angels09:

CC
Salamrushdie
Donbobes
Sarrki
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Just dat I can't tink odawise about my oath to d president, dis is too much. D last time i cald d ARDOs to ask d hell going on. He sed most were youths bearing hands of fulanis blah blah blah etc n som oda tins. He sed som happened to avenge der slaughtered cows etc. wat I have is dis SOMTIN as to b done individually because d head is confuse ryt nw. Maybe its because dey r frm same place ni can't say

2 Likes

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by erinolu(m): 8:02am On Jan 21, 2018
Hmmm......genocide against the Fulanis loading.
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by smulti(m): 8:06am On Jan 21, 2018
The ZOOOOO must scarrrrrr gringringrin

I'm loving this shiittt
honestly !!!

1 Like

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:07am On Jan 21, 2018
A shithole country with a robotic president is a monumental calamity to humanity.
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by aolawale025: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2018
Nigeria is gradually descending into chaos. Things must give by 2019
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Rochas2023: 8:27am On Jan 21, 2018
Bad if not regulated we don't want too many weapons lying around.
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by omaar12(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2018
Benue And The Likes Should Swear Alligence To Serious Minded Group Like IPOB Who Has Been Pushed To The Wall Already And Are Ready To Patner With Any Group That Is Ready To Defend His Or Her Land. Benue Cannot Do It Alone. U Have Been Neigbours With Them For Years And Not Once Have They Drawn Their Sword To Attack U. Yet Yo Scared Of The Idea Of Sharing A Country (biafra) With Them. It Ur Choice To Make.
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by signz: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2018
This is bad.

Government should be the only people with monopoly of Violence.

If FG due to its incompetence and ethnic bias allows ethnic militias to start arming themselves then we'll kiss bye to this country by 2023 - 2030.
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by DoyenExchange: 8:40am On Jan 21, 2018
Our mumu don do --- Charly Boy
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Omeokachie: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2018
Buhari failed in 1983.
He failed as PTF chairman.

How some people thought this man would miraculously succeed as president baffles me.

Simply put, Nigerian youth gambled with their future with Buhari.
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by TheNobleProphet: 11:13am On Jan 21, 2018
Watch out!

The Army would still arrest them and give tacit support to the terrorists herdsmen!
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by ycat: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2018
I hope this isn't just a word of the mouth, what we need is action. Also, why is no one telling us the 16 states in on the cattle colonies? Sahara reporters needs to come out with the list so we can know the governors to recall in SW.

1 Like

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by SalamRushdie: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2018
People cant see that the only place Buhari is leading us too is a bitter civil war ..I beg the Yoruba nation and their leaders to reconsider the support they are giving this demonic man because at the end of the day they have more to lose than anyone ...abandon Buhari Now!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by SalamRushdie: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2018
Omeokachie:
Buhari failed in 1983.
He failed as PTF chairman.

How some people thought this man would miraculously succeed as president baffles me.

Simply put, Nigerian youth gambled with their future with Buhari.

Our losses can't be quantified...I was amongst the fools that campaigned and voted for this devil of a president and today I can confirm to you I have shut down two of my businesses and the last one is really really struggling , from one of the young men on the Island that could spit fire I have been reduced to a frugal man always applying opportunity cost in all I do but that's not even the problem the main problem I have is the way human life has been reduced to dirt under the diabolical leadership of the Dullard... God punish Buhari
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by sapientia(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2018
Is Buhari the last President of Nigeria?
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by MasterKim: 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
Out of all these groups, massob is the weakest
I pity them, everything na mouth. Strong groups will be coming out massob and ohaneze will be jumping up undecided
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
sapientia:
Is Buhari the last President of Nigeria?
ashjay001 and sarrki will know
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by ashjay001(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
imhotep:
ashjay-1 and sarrki will know

I'm neither God, nor a god! Htf am I supposed to know?
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by cursedAbiola(f): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
grin
Buhari can never rule a United Nigeria cheesy

useless terrorist
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by oyetunder(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
Alawiye loading...
Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Omeokachie: 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Our losses can't be quantified...I was amongst the fools that campaigned and voted for this devil of a president and today I can confirm to you I have shut down two of my businesses and the last one is really really struggling , from one of the young men on the Island that could spit fire I have been reduced to a frugal man always applying opportunity cost in all I do but that's not even the problem the main problem I have is the way human life has been reduced to dirt under the diabolical leadership of the Dullard... God punish Buhari

Good news is we can still salvage the situation. We just have to endure one more year.
However, big question is...are the youth fed up with this situation? Do they want something better?

Even if you remove the chains of a slave, huntile will remain a slave until he gets up and walk away from captivity.

We've our job of reclaiming this country cut out for us!

1 Like

Re: Regional Militias, Youths Prepare For Battle Against Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
SalamRushdie:

This is serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Elections: What Obasanjo Must Do For PDP To Defeat Buhari - Markarfi / Nigerians React To Dino Melaye’s Styles Of Announcing Defection To PDP / Bulhari Didn't Attend France Summit, See Full List Of Attendance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.