Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m (21954 Views)

AS Roma Completes The Signing Of Tammy Abraham From Chelsea For £34m / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) / Everton Completes The Signing Of Theo Walcott From Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by SkgeeBoss(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2018
TIDDOLL:
please stop saying "both clubs" stop comparing or contrasting
Man United isn't in the same situation as Arsenal.
In fact Arsenal is way behind,
Yes, we were glorious in the past..
Nd we are still very much relevant at the moment.
All football clubs take lots of years to rebuild after the end of an Era,

But we are right back on spot!!
Unlike the likes of Ajax, The Milano clubs, Liverpool and perhaps Arsenal..

GGMU!

I'll be here to remind you.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 21, 2018
Darammliveth:
Sanchez will surely strive in Man Utd.... Along side Pogba, martial, mata and LUKAKU will definitely come good. Imagine a Martial Mata Sanchez behind lukaku. Pogba has been picking from where he stopped at Juve, the guy is class if he can keep his play simple.
Lukaku would come good Amin! Dude is just a white elephant we never needed, mou should have spent that dough on a quality m.f to complement mikhi n pogba...the more creativity in mf, the more goals you get. Now I feel terribly bad for rashford, started out upfront with a lot of promise now hes been drafted to the wings n bench while wasted £75M on that crap called lukaku
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by smokeindasky(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2018
wetin concern chelsea
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2018
mansnothot098:
Congratulations to him. personally i think the wage is quite much for a 29 year old.

Win big with me in this long month of January and settle you bills.
this thief ,you no de tire ? Onyeoshi
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by LesbianBoy(m): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2018
Xavier9ja:
Alexis and martial on both flank equals wicked combination

I noticed this love lots of man united fans have for martial. Is it that you guys don't like rashford or what? I expected you to have said alexis and rashford on both flanks grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Chucksonline: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2018
So Europa league trophy nor be something?
SkgeeBoss:

Done a lot
Last time I checked Man United have been one of the biggest spenders in the epl yet with nothing tangible to show for it...
He claimed some series of FA CUP and it's not like he is coming from a club(Barcelona) where he hasn't won prestigious trophies.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by LesbianBoy(m): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2018
kattytamer:

Lukaku would come good Amin! Dude is just a white elephant we never needed, mou should have spent that dough on a quality m.f to complement mikhi n pogba...the more creativity in mf, the more goals you get. Now I feel terribly bad for rashford, started out upfront with a lot of promise now hes been drafted to the wings n bench while wasted £75M on that crap called lukaku

Lukaku was a panic buy in my opinion angry
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by DoTheNeedful: 9:19am On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
Mourinho is an insult to united he is always too jealous about rival and always show it, how will you sign a player with that age and in such condition (desperately to leave)) for such a high wages and same nothing is guaranteed at the end of the season, he suppose to put his other player to consideration now.
I hope man utd won't waste a lot of their budget on salary in few years to come because this transfer will definitely break man utd salary scale when the likes of De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Bailly, etc want to sign another contract they won't stick with their current wages anymore.
This is a desperate signing commonly find in Mourinho (Same with Pogba which is buy-out clause is around 65 million then).

I may sound like hater but this is the bitter truth.
Why blame Mourinho for the deal? Doesn't United have director of football and a management to make proper deals? The last time I checked managers don't negotiate. They can only make their desire known about a player.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by martineverest(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2018
oodua1stson:
yeah because sterling and Barkley are disloyal south Americans like Javier Zanetti
u don't know the context of our discussion, so don't jump into it
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by vosquare: 9:21am On Jan 21, 2018
SkgeeBoss:

Both clubs are shadows of their past glory which u know...
Both clubs are still trying to play at the level they are known for.
It's not like Man United is a quick shortcut to winning trophies...
He went there for the money...
Greed over loyalty.
He went there for money? Lame talk... He's tired of arsenal, he no future with arsenal. The world knows what kind of fighter he is last season and yet arsenal still ended up in europa

To be frank, man United is one of the biggest club in England if not the biggest and they can pay any amount for any player they want

I see no issue in a player salary as long as he plays good football. Many say he should have gone to city to win trophy, and when last did man u win a trophy? I guess they won 2 and city won nothing even though they are already winning this season epl. Don't say he went for money as if current football is not about money

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Xavier9ja(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:

I noticed this love lots of man united fans have for martial. Is it that you guys don't like rashford or what? I expected you to have said alexis and rashford on both flanks grin grin
martial have got pace, vision, tricks and 90% dribble accuracy. Rashford at the other end is the show boy, he can dribble everybody on the pitch but his finish are not clinical. Rashford need to work more on learning when to score and when to pass the ball.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by vosquare: 9:25am On Jan 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:

Rashford have dropped drastically in the past few games, he's getting more selfish and lack decision taking

Martial have been better than rashford from time, it's just about form. Martial is on fire now, rashford is not... but I can't blame him, he's not up to 21 years smiley future still bright

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by vosquare: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2018
naturalwaves:
This means that Manchester United will have a good backup should there be an injury. That forward line is getting seriously loaded. Manchester United also need a very good back up for Matic. Matic is being seriously overworked.
Seriously... He needs a support... Herrera is not helping matters so far this season.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Why blame Mourinho for the deal? Doesn't United have director of football and a management to make proper deals? The last time I checked managers don't negotiate. They can only make their desire known about a player.
That's not the case in every team, Mourinho said that yesterday, this current Man utd board gives Mourinho the power to makes his choice and they promised to get it for him but not publicly, same with Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc so Mourinho persuade them to get him by all means, but a team like Madrid, Barcelona, PSG etc makes transfer without the coach approval. That's what caused havoc in Chelsea Last season.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by DoTheNeedful: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
That's not the case in every team, Mourinho said that yesterday, this current Man utd board gives Mourinho the power to makes his choice and they promised to get it for him but not publicly, same with Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc so Mourinho persuade them to get him by all means, but a team like Madrid, Barcelona, PSG etc makes transfer without the coach approval. That's what caused havoc in Chelsea Last season.

What I am saying is that he didn't make negotiations. With proper negotiations, they could have made a better deal. That Mourinho wanted the player is another thing.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by arejibadz(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2018
internationalman:

exactly how many assists does he have.

Pogba is undoubtedly a good player, but he should've cost around 40-50million pounds.
sharap ND go ND chk his stat last season check how many chances he created ND also chk dis season stats
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Smarkie: 9:43am On Jan 21, 2018
how soon is the soon,am getting tire of this recycled news everyday

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by OVA200(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

What I am saying is that he didn't make negotiations. With proper negotiations, they could have made a better deal. That Mourinho wanted the player is another thing.
I understand you bro but Sanchez look destined to go to City the only way united can get him is only through cash (which they did), what am saying is if Mourinho didn't persuade them too much ordinarily man utd won't make this type of a deal and if they refuse to get Sanchez for him that might be his excuse at the end of the season (we all know Jose) meanwhile he can give them alternatives like (lemar, Malcom, Dybala etc).

Bro it is better to pay a huge transfer fees than a huge salary (tevez as a case study) because that can cause dressing room upset and break salary scale. ( I read now Pogba is also demanding 400K per week now though it might just be a rumor now but something similar will eventually happen.)

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by SkgeeBoss(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2018
Chucksonline:
So Europa league trophy nor be something?

Carrying Europa shows the level of fall from grace to grass.
Man United having to play Europa then likewise arsenal is currently shows how both clubs are gone down the drain.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Sheun001(m): 9:58am On Jan 21, 2018
pat077:
That's much for a player with six months left on his contract

And the player ain't going to world cup
So the case of performing well in world cup and attract other teams is unrealistic
Well their money their prob lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Babybush: 10:14am On Jan 21, 2018
Kenneth10110:

Two Fa cups and two community shield

Omo see trophies o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Erystro(m): 10:23am On Jan 21, 2018
Manchester United are not paying £35m... it's a direct swap deal with no money involved..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by austino677(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2018
Lomprico2:

Chelshit fan spotted! Bad belle cheesy

How far with peter crouch sef? Una don buy am? grin grin grin grin
I'm juve sorry
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by DrTims(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2018
He won two FA cup. Or is that not a trophy
Felixalex:

No trophies at arsenal either, so if he won't win trophies to enhance his profile, then he should chase money and enhance his bank account. Football is more of business now than those days when there were still some measure of passion n club-loyalty.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:44am On Jan 21, 2018
martineverest:
Sanchez is after money,no trophies

Abegi. Am an arsenal fan,and am saying his chances of getting a trophy is so much higher than getting anything under wenger, if the deal is lucrative, more money for him, he sure deserves better

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by oodua1stson: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2018
OVA200:
Mourinho is an insult to united, he is always too jealous about rival and always show it, how will you sign a player with that age and in such condition (desperately to leave)) for such a high wages and same nothing is guaranteed at the end of the season, he suppose to put his other player to consideration now.
I hope man utd won't waste a lot of their budget on salary in few years to come because this transfer will definitely break man utd salary scale when the likes of De Gea, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Bailly, etc want to sign another contract they won't stick with their current wages anymore.
This is a desperate signing commonly find in Mourinho (Same with Pogba which his buy-out clause is around 65 million then but they ended up paying 89 million, giving raiola just an agent 25 million).

I may sound like hater but this is the bitter truth.

Modified: I just read a rumor now that Pogba is also demanding for 400K per week (that's what am saying).
you're an insult to every football fan worldwide.

1st of Pogba did not have a release clause at Juventus. It is nothing but bare stupidity to blame the coach for what a player earns or the amount of his transfer when the coach doesn't even negotiate transfer or contracts at all. Yes, he can recommend players (like when Mourinho recommended Perisic) but if the club consider the player too expensive they will stop negotiations ( like in the case of Perisic).

In the case of Alexis; the board needed him not just for football reasons but because he's a marquee signing and he will expand United's popularity in south America. The publicity and the merchandise to be sold is the reason why the board needed him for more than just his football qualities.

If you think Mourinho negotiates transfer fees and wages then you're a football illiterate who needs to start watching ballet dancing or play ludo

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by naturalwaves: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2018
vosquare:

Seriously... He needs a support... Herrera is not helping matters so far this season.
You're right. I don't know what is wrong with him. This season. If Matic should suffer a knock or gets injured, there would be serious problem. Anyway, the presence of Sanchez will make Pogba drop back to help the midfield in that case and that won't be too bad.
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by oodua1stson: 10:53am On Jan 21, 2018
martineverest:
u don't know the context of our discussion, so don't jump into it
shift the goal post when your arguements becomes invalid

Einstein
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by moses93(m): 10:57am On Jan 21, 2018
MrHistorian:
#GGMU!!!

Patiently waiting for Chelshit fans who are known to be unsolicited accountants to start balancing the amount spent and how extravagant ManUtd is.

Same thing they shouted about Pogba,We thank God that has died a natural death after he keeps pulling assists.

haters to die of heart attack.t
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by internationalman(m): 10:58am On Jan 21, 2018
arejibadz:
sharap ND go ND chk his stat last season check how many chances he created ND also chk dis season stats
I have checked it and it's nothing to write home about
Re: Manchester United Completes The Signing Of Alexis Sanchez For £35m by Lomprico2: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2018
austino677:
I'm juve sorry

Story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AFCON Qualifiers: Super Eagles To Travel To Benin By Boat / Meet The Pioneer Female Referees To Officiate At FIFA Men World Cup / Wang Shanshan Scores 9 Goals In 29 Minutes At The Asian Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.