Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (24188 Views)

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Iriruaga100(m): 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello op, my big bro was in same situation with u five years ago. He was working with an oil servicing company in portharcourt n he also got admitted into uniport in 2012. He combined both working n schooling together, he was a full time student n he graduated last year with a 2.1. You cn do this bro.... this is time n chance grab it at d junction called opportunity. See u at d top.....
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by gozie112(m): 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Exactly what am facing now..but mine is 45k.. although have settled for partime in Noun

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by jmao: 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
My advise is simple; anything you fail to archive in youth will be difficult to archive when you get older. Without education, one is incomplete. Some may advise you to keep your Job but remember, "thay have there degree." Nobody knows what the future have in store but you can still get another job after school.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Mypeople2(m): 12:14am On Jan 22, 2018
Georgematics:
Good day all, Pls this issue had been given me sleepless nights so I decide to bring it here to hear your opinions and idvice.

I had been looking for admission for the past 4 years and luckily I finally got admitted into a federal university here were am reciding. The problem is; I had been the one taking care of my self and also assist my family with the salary I was earning from the company were I work. Due to economic reasons I wasn't able to save money after paying bills for myself and some of my family (I'm single, lives alone but my Mum & siblings live not to far from my residence). The only money I'll be falling back on if I quit my Job is the gratuitee and Pention.

So, I'm seeking your mature advice, Should I quit Work & Focus on Schooling? Pls help a brother. Thanks in advance

You can defer the admission to next year,at least by that time you would have saved a lot
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by FILEBE(m): 2:38am On Jan 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Thank you so much for your word of advice. I have actually seeked the advice from a couple of people and they had been given me this same idea. The uncertainty of getting a job after school is there too...I'll really think about it. Thanks ones more.

I wont advice you to quit your job and i wont advice you not to go to school. The two of them are needed. If you can find a way to do both.
Have a friend in the school who will be helping you out with things , find time to study when you can and still go to your work place. Take excuses whenever you have test or exams. during your Monthly leave , you should concentrate more on your school. You just can't leave that job , you can't! You said you help your folks with your salary . I wouldn't want you to experience what hunger and lack of money can do. If you quit your job and finances become difficult, how will you cope at sch? i have my classmates then who were working and coming to school, i also have those who were going to two tertiary institutions at the same time, Yabatech and Unilag. Yoo can't lose that job but you can struggle out of school. I hope u understand? i don't know if i made much sense , my head hurts

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by sodeide2013: 5:53am On Jan 22, 2018
NO NO NO NO NO. Only do that on part time please. Too many examples to give you. University is overated
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Ajegun: 6:13am On Jan 22, 2018
No Pain,no gain.Go to school.The 55k now will be nothing later on.Goodluck.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Georgematics(m): 6:58am On Jan 22, 2018
FILEBE:

I wont advice you to quit your job and i wont advice you not to go to school. The two of them are needed. If you can find a way to do both.
Have a friend in the school who will be helping you out with things , find time to study when you can and still go to your work place. Take excuses whenever you have test or exams. during your Monthly leave , you should concentrate more on your school. You just can't leave that job , you can't! You said you help your folks with your salary . I wouldn't want you to experience what hunger and lack of money can do. If you quit your job and finances become difficult, how will you cope at sch? i have my classmates then who were working and coming to school, i also have those who were going to two tertiary institutions at the same time, Yabatech and Unilag. Yoo can't lose that job but you can struggle out of school. I hope u understand? i don't know if i made much sense , my head hurts

Thank you so much. You made very good and valid sense. I really liked your Idea. From the advises I've been getting from these good people of Nairaland, I've realized how important both the Job & Education is. So, I'll love to combine the two while saving money to start a business. Thanks alot.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by salmonkas178(m): 7:03am On Jan 22, 2018
Can't you go for a part time What course do you intend to study? University is a good idea but you have to steady income to survive in school since you wouldn't be getting any stipend from your family..... Is there nah business you could divulge into to generate income for you? Think about it very well and I wish you luck
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by FILEBE(m): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Thank you so much. You made very good and valid sense. I really liked your Idea. From the advises I've been getting from these good people of Nairaland, I've realized how important both the Job & Education is. So, I'll love to combine the two while saving money to start a business. Thanks alot.

Nice one bro! Nice. You are lucky it is a federal school. Tuition fee isn't expensive. I take it that you are witty and smart. Apparently, that's all you need to do well in school. I don't know what course you chose or the school, it all boils down to be being smart.

Save enough for a good business
I will like to know what business you intend venturing into. I could also use a business idea.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by opzy100(m): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2018
my advice for you is to go for part time or distance learning programme. pls keep your job because it is not easy to get one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by athenswonders: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2018
delugajackson:
Who school epp?

The fudamental problem with most students is that they are SCHOOLING instead of EDUCATION
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Georgematics(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2018
FILEBE:

Nice one bro! Nice. You are lucky it is a federal school. Tuition fee isn't expensive. I take it that you are witty and smart. Apparently, that's all you need to do well in school. I don't know what course you chose or the school, it all boils down to be being smart.

Save enough for a good business
I will like to know what business you intend venturing into. I could also use a business idea.

Thanks bro. Am still sourcing for a good business idea that doesn't demands 100% of my time while doing some online freelance bid with my little free time.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by casmir378: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Thank you. The problem is that there is no part time studies for level 100 in the university I applied..still thanks alot
. Apply for National Open University where u work nd learn at the same time.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by mosexcellency(f): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2018
Please, enroll for part time study or DLI and continue your job, don't quite pls... I've been in your shoe

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Endosteed(m): 9:35am On Jan 22, 2018
My brother please dont leave your job.It is very hard to get a job that pays 55k in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by emmysoftyou: 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
merit12:
Please op do have a girlfriend?
Why asking?
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by merit12(f): 6:49pm On Jan 22, 2018
emmysoftyou:
Why asking?

I wish to humbly enroll myself into your life
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Icon2007: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2018
Op nobody will tell u the adequate solution you are the one that will weigh your options: firstly it hard going to school without any financial backing. Nevertheless education still investing and suffering for: if that company can assure of vacation jobs DT is whenever the school is on vacation u can get something doing from dem. Or something else that can fetch u money u can go back to school. Because part time too require money . just weigh the options. I did part time after my ond anyway I know its not easy as well to keep both your studies and work together u must be ready for the fight to graduate with good result. Whichever options u pick just know its not going to be easy as we all put it. God bless you!
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by emmysoftyou: 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
merit12:

I wish to humbly enroll myself into your life
why? U have not seen me.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by FILEBE(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Thanks bro. Am still sourcing for a good business idea that doesn't demands 100% of my time while doing some online freelance bid with my little free time.

I will like to know whichever one you find. You don't mind if i request for your number. Do you? Making money is a 2018 high priority for me and i will like to have like minded people around.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Georgematics(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2018
FILEBE:

I will like to know whichever one you find. You don't mind if i request for your number. Do you? Making money is a 2018 high priority for me and i will like to have like minded people around.

Alright, I will do just that. Sure, I don't mind. drop ur Email, so I can text u my contact.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by FILEBE(m): 12:04am On Jan 23, 2018
Georgematics:

Alright, I will do just that. Sure, I don't mind. drop ur Email, so I can text u my contact.
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by smokey12345: 12:30am On Jan 27, 2018
Hello bro.. pls with the little you have saved you can first pay for your 1st year at school. but its easy for you to quickly learn a trade or acquire a skill with that you can be doing it while at school and you can mame money from it, If you Like fashion you can start by selling wears.. you can also learn many things you can be doing at school
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by psychologist(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2018
athenswonders:

The fudamental problem with most students is that they are SCHOOLING instead of EDUCATION

Can u shade more light on this
Re: Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? by Rubby007: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2019
bro why don't u consider NOUN? though e dey chop money o but with DAT u will be able to combine both.
warning; don't combine noun with girlfriend pls noun they too jealous o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Meaning(contiss,conuass,conraiss ETC / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / Victor Ifeanyichukwu Ede, UNIPORT Graduate Who Drives Keke Napep For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.