Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo (4599 Views)

Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Nonaira1: 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
He's not the first to say it. Everyone that grew up in that era that's non-yoruba have said the same thing.

SLS said it
David Mark said it
Igho Natufe said it.

Unongo is not the first to say it and I highly doubt he'll be the last

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by CSTR2: 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Awolowo introduced tribal politics into Nigeria.

Zik was more popular even in yorubaland, until Awo stirred up tribal sentiments and his people fell for it.

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
zionmde:
awolowo.
the same man who said if Biafra secedes he will lead Yoruba's to secede too. only for him to join forces with Gowon. A bitter pill we will never forget. Anyway the past is past. Everybody has learnt his lessons, thanks to Fulani guys for making the middle beltans realize how sweet one Nigeria tastes

Oh lawd! sad They have started their propaganda again...! Chukwu biko! shocked

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Sprumbabafather: 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Unongo is slapping your people from the north and you are turning east to cry? grin

8 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Unongo is slapping your people from the north and you are turning east to cry? grin

Whose people is Unongo slapping? Tell us. And why da heck do you chaps believe in recycling propaganda, at every little chance you get??

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Sprumbabafather: 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Whose people is Unongo slapping? Tell us. And why da heck do you chaps believe in recycling propaganda, at every little chance you get??

Reply Paul Unongo, face the north where they are raining slaps on you from, Olu Falae farm is also on fire now, you got fire extinguishers? grin

9 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Reply Paul Unongo, face the north where they are raining slaps on you from, Olu Falae farm is also on fire now, you got fire extinguishers? grin

Unongo has been given a befitting reply by various people, especially those from his constituency in Benue. If you have been following the news reports you would have realised it. Now back to my previous comment which was actually NOT addressed to you in the first place, but to the respondent who made the remark: "Oh lawd! They have started their propaganda again...! Chukwu biko!' shocked

If that comment hurts you too much, hug the nearest transformer. Your choice!

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Sprumbabafather: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

Unongo has been given a befitting reply by various people, especially those from his constituency in Benue. If you have been following the news reports you would have realised it. Now back to my previous comment which was actually NOT addressed to you in the first place, but to the respondent who made the remark: "Oh lawd! They have started their propaganda again...! Chukwu biko!' shocked

If that comment hurts you too much, hug the nearest transformer. Your choice!

What do you think about what Unongo said, is Awolowo the cause of all the troubles in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Sprumbabafather: 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
imam07:
Hope you realise fulani are also killing u and raping your mothers in the east.

This topic is about what Unongo said about Awolowo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Nonaira1: 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

grin grin

And he wants us to believe that he is "non yoruba". Why is the "non yoruba" crying and wailing about east that a middle belter stated awolowo is the problem of Nigeria.

Desperate to be non yoruba but that DNA of his just can't help push out a complusion to act like his typical Afonja tribe even when he's anonymously trying to fake non afonja.

That laudate is indeed a clownish joke grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by zionmde: 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

sadly I got that information from a Yoruba man. do ur research before u expose ur ignorance
Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:
sadly I got that information from a Yoruba man. do ur research before u expose ur ignorance
Chimo! Must you lie to get your point across? shocked At your age? Are you talking about those same Yoruba people, that have come online countless times, to debunk that false claim? Why are you exposing your own ignorance like this?

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by zionmde: 12:19am On Jan 22, 2018
laudate:

Chimo! Must you lie to get your point across? shocked At your age? Are you talking about those same Yoruba people, that have come online countless times, to debunk that false claim? Why are you exposing your own ignorance like this?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/time-to-end-the-bad-blood-between-the-yorubas-and-ndigbo/
U started using derogatory words just note that. because wen I come for u, highest I will get is a ban

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 12:23am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/time-to-end-the-bad-blood-between-the-yorubas-and-ndigbo/
U started using derogatory words just note that. because wen I come for u, highest I will get is a ban
What derogatory words? You were the first to talk about ignorance being exposed. I merely used the same words on you, and now you are whining?

Should I provide you with newspaper articles of other people who denied that Awo ever said such a thing? Will that satisfy you?

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by zionmde: 12:25am On Jan 22, 2018
laudate:

What derogatory words? You were the first to talk about ignorance being exposed. I merely used the same words on you, and now you are whining?

Should I provide you with newspaper articles of other people who denied that Awo ever said such a thing? Will that satisfy you?
I don't care about those articles. If u know ur English very well I said before that I got the info from a Yoruba man. So does a million other Yoruba people debunking that make me a liar?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 12:29am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:
I don't care about those articles. If u know ur English very well I said before that I got the info from a Yoruba man. So does a million other Yoruba people debunking that make me a liar?
It means you are canvassing an erroneous position, which is untrue. If one man makes a statement, and others who know the full story say it is untrue, why would you keep repeating it?

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by zionmde: 12:34am On Jan 22, 2018
laudate:

It means you are canvassing an erroneous position, which is untrue. If one man makes a statement, and others who know the full story say it is untrue, why would you keep repeating it?
young man, I said I learn that from a Yoruba man, wat us my business whether its true or lie. U even went ahead to call me a liar for saying that I heard it from a Yoruba person. People like u are pitiable. u wrongly accused someone and the person proves u wrong and all u do is to shift post.
swerve abeg

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 12:43am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:
young man, I said I learn that from a Yoruba man, wat us my business whether its true or lie. U even went ahead to call me a liar for saying that I heard it from a Yoruba person. People like u are pitiable. u wrongly accused someone and the person proves u wrong and all u do is to shift post.
swerve abeg

Please paste the post, in which I called you a 'liar.' sad I am waiting. You heard something from a Yoruba man, and without cross-checking if it was true or not, you have been posting the same claim up and down on different threads. Even though other Yoruba people have come out to say it is not true. You still persist in doing so. Those of us who are not even Yoruba can understand where they are coming from, but you have refused to accept the points that have been put forward to debunk those claims. Oya, continue....

Sam Aluko who was close to Ojukwu, has even countered this narrative from Femi Aribisala that you keep peddling.

Aluko, who afterwards attained a reputation in the public area for his critical standpoint on the policies of several Nigerian governments, would later paraphrase Chief Awolowo’s frank and blunt encounter with Ojukwu in an interview titled What Ojukwu Told Me Before, During and After the War – Sam Aluko, (a most intimate account of Ojukwu’s thoughts and actions while the Nigerian civil war lasted) treated by the NVS of Saturday, 3rd December 2011:

“Look, governor, you cannot secede. You cannot go alone. Just as you fear the North, the West also fears the North. The soldiers in the North are occupying the West. So, we have the same common interest. But don’t let us secede. Let us do whatever we can do together to unite and confront the North, so that we can have a settlement on how we want to run this country.”

But Ojukwu, who had since 27th August, 1966, said among other things in a broadcast he made in Enugu following the spate of killings in the North that “One thing has come out very clearly from this, the preceding and subsequent events, that there is in fact no genuine basis for true unity in the country…..”, and had independently announced 29th August as a day of mourning for Easterners, rebuffs Awo’s view outright, and starts to brag about being battle-ready; something his critics describe as “Sheer emotional grandstanding”. Ojukwu announces immodestly:

“I started this struggle in July (1967) with only 120 rifles to defend the entire territory of the Eastern Region
…I am proud, and my officers are proud, that here in the East we possess the biggest army in Black Africa. I am no longer speaking as an underdog; I am speaking from a position of power.” https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/211253/bubbles-burst.html

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by zionmde: 12:50am On Jan 22, 2018
laudate:

maybe u forgot this. now kindly swerve

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 12:53am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:
maybe u forgot this. now kindly swerve
Oh now I remember. My bad. Forgot about that bit. Apologies....

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Ihatepork: 1:12am On Jan 22, 2018
Lol. Azikwe that held Igbo supremacist views suddenly wanted to rule the West because he understood Yoruba language. Barawo banza cheesy

If he had won, his people would have been telling us today how he was able to rule because he was better than all the Yorubas alive like Kenneth Dike in UI. It's only an ibo you'll give an opportunity and he'll think he has outsmarted you out of desperation to prove he's better. Ordinary councillor that they gave them in Lagos, they are already chatting rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by laudate: 2:22am On Jan 22, 2018
Ihatepork:
Lol. Azikwe that held Igbo supremacist views suddenly wanted to rule the West because he understood Yoruba language. Barawo cheesy

If he had won, his people would have been telling us today how he was able to rule because he was better than all the Yorubas alive like Kenneth Dike in UI. It's only an ibo you'll give an opportunity and he'll think he has outsmarted you out of desperation to prove he's better. Ordinary councillor that they gave them in Lagos, they are already chatting rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by IkpuMmadu: 7:03am On Jan 22, 2018
MasterKim:
If excuses and blame-game could be swapped for money, Igbos will be the richest tribe in the world.

Fool, the man that spoke this isn't an Igbo but middle belter

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2018
zionmde:
awolowo.
the same man who said if Biafra secedes he will lead Yoruba's to secede too. only for him to join forces with Gowon. A bitter pill we will never forget. Anyway the past is past. Everybody has learnt his lessons, thanks to Fulani guys for making the middle beltans realize how sweet one Nigeria tastes
Said to who?

Awo told the federal government that 'IF' Biafra are allowed to secede the west would secede.

That's a conditional statement my Wawa osu brother.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2018
horsepower101:
This statement was not made by an Igbo Man. But I am already seeing insults towards igbos.

But the statement is being recycled by iboe pigs and?

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by blazhykowskyi(m): 7:53am On Jan 22, 2018
chubbyswit:
you are a big fool for involving a tribe that has nothing to do with write up. Sorry to say. undecided

But the idiot that is recycling the news is an osu pig.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Sprumbabafather: 7:56am On Jan 22, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

Said to who?

Awo told the federal government that 'IF' Biafra are allowed to secede the west would secede.

That's a conditional statement my Wawa osu brother.

blazhykowskyi:

But the idiot that is recycling the news is an osu pig.
blazhykowskyi:

But the statement is being recycled by iboe pigs and?

In a thread Paul Unongo is blaming your patriarch for all the troubles in Nigeria, you are still busy insulting Igbos. Your redemption is still very far.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by Sprumbabafather: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2018
Ihatepork:
Lol. Azikwe that held Igbo supremacist views suddenly wanted to rule the West because he understood Yoruba language. Barawo banza cheesy

Yes he lost, and the whole southern Nigeria are being enslaved because of that.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Caused All The Problems In Nigeria - - Unongo by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

In a thread Paul Unongo is blaming your patriarch for all the troubles in Nigeria, you are still busy insulting Igbos. Your redemption is still very far.

Senseless pig! This news is over six months and you have to recycle it to spew hate. You think you are smart ode.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lockdown: Nigerians Begin Reporting That They Received N30k From The FG / Does Tinubu Need To Win The North In 2023? / Tinubu And His Cohorts In Trouble; Obidients Get In [pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.