Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! (1710 Views)

Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / Who Has Performed The Greatest Act Of Love? Yahweh Or Allah? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2010
I think you are just wallowing in your moral euphoria.

What are you talking about ?

If hate abortion, then don't do it.

I am man not a woman, so does not apply to me.

If you are so concerned about human death especially infant mortality, you should be more concerned about killer diseases like malaria. It is estimated that 1.5 to 2.7 million deaths is caused by malaria annually, with over 90% of deaths being children under 5. So you should open a thread venting your anger at poor and corrupt heath services  obtainable in developing countries like Nigeria.

That is more genocidal that abortion, and we are not even talking of abandoned children yet.

Factually incorrect.

Worldwide babies killed abortions annually - 30 Million

Worldwide malaria deaths annually - approximately 1.5 Million

So are you telling me that 30 million babies killed abortions is inconsequential ?

Agreed both cases are sad , but you cannot trivialise any one of them for the illogical reason which presumes that there is no God or if there is he does not care an iota.
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by mazaje(m): 2:13am On Apr 16, 2010
frosbel:

@ mazaje
Ignorance is a disease.

Shut up!!

Have you heard of death by natural causes which could be a result of infection , disease and a host of other reasons.

That is quite different from the incompatibility between the blood types of the mother and unborn child that makes life impossible, no?

Abortion is murder with intent, a calculated step taken in a bid to terminate a baby's life.

But really since you do not respect the author of life, it is pointless arguing with you.

More deluded talk. . .

'The FOOL says in his heart that there is no GOD.'

And I say that a crazy FOOL says that is a god even though he has never seen, felt, exchanged conversation, or heard from one. . . .

The ACTUAL FOOL/FOOLS are you and the person that wrote that verse in the bible. . .
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by Odunnu: 4:25am On Apr 16, 2010
U r so bold in ur foolishnes Sir
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by mazaje(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2010
^^

You are so meek in your s.t.u.p.d.i.t.y . . . . . .
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by Odunnu: 9:08am On Apr 16, 2010
**smiles=== and stepz over 2d next post***
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by wirinet(m): 9:41am On Apr 16, 2010
frosbel:

What are you talking about ?

I am man not a woman, so does not apply to me.

I did not imply that you were a woman. Most abortions are performed with the permission, prompting and sponsorship of the responsible man

frosbel:

Factually incorrect.

Worldwide [b]foeta[/b]l abortions annually - 30 Million

Worldwide malaria deaths annually - approximately 1.5 Million

So are you telling me that 30 million [b]foetal [/b]abortions is inconsequential ?

Agreed both cases are sad , but you cannot trivialise any one of them for the illogical reason which presumes that there is no God or if there is he does not care an iota.

I have helped you factually correct your post. Foetus have never been termed babies in any language and in any academic discipline.
How are you able to compile the world wide abortion statistics, as most abortions are carried our illegally behind dark alleys, because of religious fundamentalists like you. where is your source?

I think it would be more fruitful for you to expend your resources fighting real pressing problems like world hunger, deceases, ignorance than by taking the moral high ground by fighting women who privately had sex in the privacy of their bedroom and decided privately that they do not want to have babies, and so privately decides to abort the foetus in a private clinic.

It is their bodies, it is their foetus, so why are you so obsessed. even in religious countries, abortion is illegal for what it is - Abortion, and had never been equated with the murdering of a human being, not to talk of equating abortion to genocide.
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by ilosiwaju: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2010
From Sam Harris' Letter to a Christian Nation.
One of the most pernicious effects of religion is that it t[b]ends to divorce morality from the reality of human and animal suffering.[/b] Religion allows people to imagine that their concerns are moral when they are not—that is, when they have nothing to do with suffering or its alleviation. Indeed, religion allows people to imagine that their concerns are moral when they are highly immoral—that is, when pressing these concerns inflicts unnecessary and appalling suffering on innocent human beings. This explains why Christians like yourself expend more "moral" energy opposing abortion than fighting genocide. It explains why you are more concerned about human embryos than about the lifesaving promise of stem-cell research. And it explains why you can preach against condom use in sub-Saharan Africa while millions die from AIDS there each year. You believe that your religious concerns about sex, in all their tiresome immensity, have something to do with morality. And yet, your efforts to constrain the sexual behavior of consenting adults—and even to discourage your own sons and daughters from having premarital sex—are almost never geared toward the relief of human suffering. In fact, relieving suffering seems to rank rather low on your list of priorities. Your principal concern appears to be that the creator of the universe will take offense at something people do while naked. This prudery of yours contributes daily to the surplus of human misery.

While abortion is an ugly reality, and we should all hope for breakthroughs in contraception that reduce the need for it, one can reasonably wonder whether most aborted fetuses suffer their destruction on any level. One cannot reasonably wonder this about the millions of men, women, and children who must endure the torments of war, famine, political torture, or mental illness. At this very moment, millions of sentient people are suffering unimaginable physical and mental afflictions, in circumstances where the compassion of God is nowhere to be seen, and the compassion of human beings is often hobbled by preposterous ideas about sin and salvation. If you are worried about human suffering, abortion should rank very low on your list of concerns.

It has been estimated that 50 percent of all human conceptions end in spontaneous abortion, usually without a woman even realizing that she was pregnant. In fact, 20 percent of all recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. There is an obvious truth here that cries out for acknowledgment: if God exists, He is the most prolific abortionist of all.

I dont know what else to say sha.

Odunnu:

U r so bold in your foolishnes Sir
^ ^ ^by their posts, ye shall know them. angry
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by princessde: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2010
in the end times perilous times shall come men shall be lovers of their souls,
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by ilosiwaju: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
princessde:

in the end times perilous times shall come men shall be lovers of their souls,
What are you saying?
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by princessde: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2010
men would forget God and do their own wish what is right in their own eyes. BETTER STILL read a bible to get more depth,
Re: The Greatest Act Of Worldwide Terror - ABORTION ! by Zodiac61(m): 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
princessde:

men would forget God and do their own wish what is right in their own eyes. BETTER STILL read a bible to get more depth,

How do you know what is right in the eyes of god?
princessde:

in the end times perilous times shall  come men shall be lovers of their souls,
What the hell does this mean?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ciniraj Mohamed - Indian Muslim Meets Jesus Christ / Prayer For Nigeria In Distress / 10 Most Influencing Men In Christian History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.