Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise (777 Views)

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Quit Notice To A Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hi guys, my landlord just served me a 7 day notice to quit... I am a yearly tenant and my rent expired on the 31st of Dec. 2017... Barristers in the house, please advise me...
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
I am trying to upload the notice but it's not loading
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nobody is talking
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by MetroBaba1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
Wait, They Are Coming
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Advise please
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by MrMcJay(m): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
marshalldgreat:
Hi guys, my landlord just served me a 7 day notice to quit... I am a yearly tenant and my rent expired on the 31st of Dec. 2017... Barristers in the house, please advise me...

Is the property in Lagos?
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
MrMcJay:

Is the property in Lagos?
no sir, it's in Port Harcourt
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by MrMcJay(m): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
marshalldgreat:
no sir, it's in Port Harcourt

Bro, the actions of the Landlord are in line with Section 8 of the Rivers State Recovery of Premises Law.

At the expiration of your rent, you are entitled to 7 days Notice of Owner's Intention to Apply for Recovery of Premises. Thereafter, he'll take you to court to retrieve possession of the property.
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
MrMcJay:

Bro, the actions of the Landlord are in line with Section (cool of the Rivers State Recovery of Premises Law.

At the expiration of your rent, you are entitled to 7 days Notice of Owner's Intention to Apply for Recovery of Premises. Thereafter, he'll take you to court to retrieve possession of the property.
okay so what do you advise i do because right now i am a bit down financially and I've pleaded with him to give me at least one month but he refused... Is there anyway i can delay the process a bit?
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by MrMcJay(m): 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2018
marshalldgreat:
okay so what do you advise i do because right now i am a bit down financially and I've pleaded with him to give me at least one month... Is there anyway i can delay the process a bit?

Plead with him. Tell him you're a bit down financially but you're willing to pay for every extra time spent there once you're a bit financially stable.

In the alternative, talk to his lawyer and ask him to speak to his client. Litigation would take longer than the extra one month you want to spend there.

He should oblige you.
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by marshalldgreat(m): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
MrMcJay:

Plead with him. Tell him you're a bit down financially but you're willing to pay for every extra time spent there once you're a bit financially stable.

In the alternative, talk to his lawyer and ask him to speak to his client. Litigation would take longer than the extra one month you want to spend there.

He should oblige you.
okay bro, thank you very much your word of advice... I'll still meet him and plead with him...
Re: 7 Days Notice To Quit, Please Advise by MrMcJay(m): 12:08am On Jan 23, 2018
marshalldgreat:
okay bro, thank you very much your word of advice... I'll still meet him and plead with him...

You're welcome sir.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

2 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin For Sale. Call 08052857066 / Atrium Estate Abijo GRA, Lekki Lagos. Special Ember Promo!!! / VERY AFFORDABLE ONE BEDROOM FLAT AND SELF CONTAIN AVAILABLE IN IMO STATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.