Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice (61099 Views)

Ghanaian Man Excited At Mansion His Brother Built For Him While He Was Abroad / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Banana Island In Lagos Is A Billionaire’s Paradise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by VaselineCrew: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
This Beautiful Mansion Has Been Marked For Demolition By The Lagos State Government.

They been given just 2 hours to pack their belongings. Is this not bad? I seriously feel sad seeing what this people in government houses are doing to people they never supported in anyway.

I haven't seen any country where they demolish their finest structures. This Pure attack on the Igbos. Lagos will soon become a shadow of its own.

Source: Tobi Akinbo J.

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by illicit(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2023
🥴

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hybrid77: 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
This is disheartening.

167 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Jerk1: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
Seriously, I was sad after watching it. Time shall tell because what am seeing before 2027 will be a birth of a new nation.

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
How did someone build such a massive structure without doing due investigation and verification?

If verifications were done and owner has legitimate papers to back up case, then owner needs to sue the Lagos state government.

The Omo-onile that sold those lands would have absconded now.

305 Likes 21 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Raskimonojendor: 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
How did someone build such a massive structure without doing due investigation and verification?

If verifications were done and owner has legitimate papers to back up case, then owner needs to sue the Lagos state government.

The Omo-onile that sold those lands would have absconded now.
There are reports that the current demolition was actually done by the Federal Housing Authority. The land belongs to them, but Omo oniles sold the lands to dummies.

Just like OBJ demolished houses built on his lands in the Ojodi area around 2001 when Omo oniles sold those lands thinking baba would die in Abacha's Gulag.

228 Likes 18 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by huptin(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Danger of a single story...i wont be quick to judge until all details are out there.

Its not about beauty really, it is about safety, particularly of the environment

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by LikeAking: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nawa I

Lagos don Dey swallow people money.

Omo oniles!

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Antoeni(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2023
“The Devil's Mission is to Steal, to Kill & to Destroy.

Is Babajide Sanwo-Olu &
Bola Ahmed Tinubu Doing Anything Different ?”

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by bigiyaro(m): 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nigerians and doing things anyhow are like 5&6. You get money buy 500 million car, you no fit put 100k tracker for the car. Go buy another land and build another mansion, if you like, no use lawyer buy the land and no authenticate your property from the right source.

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

There are reports that the current demolition was actually done by the Federal Housing Authority. The land belongs to them, but Omo oniles sold the lands to dummies
Real reason below 👇

You said it all!

Less than 1 million Naira could have been used for investigation and verification, which would have saved the day.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by optionalY09: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
built in the wrong place without appropriate documentations.

I blame the government for letting people build in the wrong place and latter come back to demolish a completed property. People should apply for permits before any kind of construction work. Who gave the permission to build that structure in the first place should go to jail

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigiyaro:
Nigerians and doing things anyhow are like 5&6. You get money buy 500 million car, you no fit put 100k tracker for the car . Go buy another land and build another mansion, if you like, no use lawyer buy the land and no authenticate your property from the right source.

grin grin grin grin

Funny but true! Some cannot even buy quality lubricants and filters after buying those cars.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by viyon02: 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
I guess I have seen this building in one of our local movie, Oga ooooo where will kanayo kanayo use for his ritual movie?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
DEMOLISHING IGBO PEOPLE HOUSES IN LAGOS, THAT THEY HAVE LITTERED IN THEIR VILLAGES WILL NOT IMPOVERISH THEM.

FOR ANY IGBO MAN TO BUILD HOUSE IN LAGOS, HE HAS FIRST BUILT SIMILAR STRUCTURE OR BETTER IN HIS VILLAGE.

THE QUESTION THAT SHOULD BE IN THE MIND OF YORUBA PEOPLE IS, WHAT WILL BE THE CONSEQUENCES OF DESTROYING THE HOMES OF PEOPLE THAT BUILT AND DEVELOP LAGOS.

TINUBU MAY BE DESTROYING THEIR PROPERTIES AND EXPECTING ONE NIGERIA TO CONTINUE FOREVER OR PERHAPS TO LIVE FOREVER, BUT THAT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND PURE FANTASY BECAUSE TINUBU WILL NOT LIVE FOREVER AND THIS NIGERIA AS IT IS WILL ALSO NOT BE FOREVER.

U DESTROY THE HOUSES, WAR START, ALL OTHER STRUCTURES IN LAGOS DESTROYED AND NIGERIA DIVIDED, WILL TINUBU FAMILY MONEY THEN ERECT ALL THE STRUCTURES WE ALL CAME TOGETHER TO BUILD?

THIS IS JUST ONE SCENARIO AS WE CANNOT SEE THE FUTURE, BUT AGREE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

WE HEAR HE ALSO WANT TO EXTEND HIS HATE TO ABUJA AND DESTROY IGBO PEOPLE PROPERTIES.

THAT MAN IS DIGGING HIS GRAVE AND ONCE ALL THIS RICH AND WEALTHY PEOPLE UNITE WITH BIAFRA FORCES, IT IS ALL OVER FOR NIGERIA.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IGBO PROPERTY OWNERS IN LAGOS ARE THE ONLY SET BACK TO THE BIAFRA MOVING TRAIN. THEY ARE NORMALLY ONE NIGERIA SUPPORTERS.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Artscollection: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2023
Lessons should be learnt!!! Lagos of today is not the Lagos of pre civil war, demons have taken control from fg to the state level. There dick rises and falls on anything that has to do with igbos and i blame igbo peeps that Couldnt see the handwriting on the wall especially my anambra peeps,importers can control the market from anywhere.textile,provisions,stockfish are controlled from aba, spare PARTS and machinery from nnewi despite the fact those goods are cleared in Lagos.
My abiriba peeps will never make that kind of mistake, wasting millions in a place you are perceived as an enemy. Go to aba, they are buying houses in millions and building warehouses.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
Ibos should choose between deportation or demolition in Lagos

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2023
Artscollection:
Lessons should be learnt!!! Lagos of today is not the Lagos of pre civil war, demons have taken control from fg to the state level. There dick rises and falls on anything that has to do with igbos and i blame igbo peeps that Couldnt see the handwriting on the wall especially my anambra peeps,importers can control the market from anywhere.textile,provisions,shocking are controlled from aba, spare PARTS and machinery from knew despite the fact those goods are cleared in Lagos.
My abiriba peeps will never make that kind of mistake, wasting millions in a place you are perceived as an enemy. Go to aba, they are buying houses in millions and building warehouses.

IT DOESNT MATTER.

LAGOS IS A GLORIFIED SLUM.

LEKKI IS A SHIT HOLE.

EKO ATLANTIC WILL BE FLOODED AND SINK.

ONE MOVE BY IGBO PEOPLE WILL CUT LAGOS DOWN TO SIZE AND THAT THIRD ECONOMY CLAIM WILL EVAPORATE.

THE MINUTE NIGERIA ENDS, LAGOS DIES, ALL OIL COMPANIES HEADQUATERES THERE AS OF PRESENT WILL LEAVE.

IGBO CARGO HELD IN LAGOS PORT WILL RELOCATE TO RIVERS STATE AND OTHER SS WILL BUILD SEAPORT.

MANY PEOPLE WILL THEN RELOCATE TO THEIR LOCALITY AND VILLAGES AND DEVELOP THEM MORE.

WHAT IS LAGOS THEN?

FIRST TO DO E NO THEY PAIN BUT DONT FINISH DOING AND START BEGGING, WHEN IT WILL BE OUR TURN AND SOON IT WILL BE OUR TURN, VERY SOON, WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CoronaVirusPro: 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2023
Artscollection:
Lessons should be learnt!!! Lagos of today is not the Lagos of pre civil war, demons have taken control from fg to the state level. There dick rises and falls on anything that has to do with igbos and i blame igbo peeps that Couldnt see the handwriting on the wall especially my anambra peeps,importers can control the market from anywhere.textile,provisions,shocking are controlled from aba, spare PARTS and machinery from knew despite the fact those goods are cleared in Lagos.

Everything to you lots is about tribalism!

Was it only houses of Igbo`s that were destroyed! Did they exempt some houses in their demolition path!

The victim mentality is getting out of hands!

Doesn't the government demolish houses in the East? Are they also anti-Igbo?

Instead of focusing on root cause of demolition, you here talking about tribalism!

111 Likes 16 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Prechgold1180(m): 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Truth2024: 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nnamdi kanu is Right after all

5 Likes

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Evolutionism: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
I'm the last person on Planet Earth that will PITY Nigerians.

No one should PITY me too because i don't need anyone's PITY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by ecolime(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
So houses built on drainages and without approvals shouldn't be demolished because they are beautiful?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by hammerFC: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
TINUBU IS DEMOLISHING OUR PROPERTIES,AND AT THE SAMETIME SELLING LAND WITH OIL AND GAS IN OUR VILLAGES.

HE IS DOING BIDDING FOR OUR LAND AND RESOURCES.

I ONLY PITY THOSE THAT JOIN HIS BIDDING, BECAUSE NOBODY CAN STOP WHAT IS COMING, NOT EVEN NNAMDI KANU.

U BID AT YOUR OWN RISK

I'M SURE HE MUST THINK WE ARE ALL FOOL.

HIS SMALL YANSH DEY SHAKE AND SMALL ERECTION.

THINGS WILL GET OVER AND BEYOND HIS CONTROL VERY FAST AND NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO CONTAIN THE DISASTERS.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by RecentHistory: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Igbos are actually very foolish.

Let me tell you something. In Lagos, you take a SS or Yoruba or Northerner to a land, he will call a Surveyor to come chart it. Then, he will go to Surveyor General to check again if the land is truly free. Thereafter, he will call lawyer to do Deed. All these before paying. An Igbo man will see this and call the Yoruba person a coward.

An Igbo man will just pay cash. Even if you tell him the land is under government acquisition, he won't worry. He will tell you that shebi it is money they will collect.

This particular place, it is Omonile that scammed land buyers. They took government to court and lost. But they won't tell you, they prefer to cry victimization.

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nothing fit make me invest in real estate in lagos

1 Like

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by CEOKmotors: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by OlujobaSamuel: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You said it all!

Less than 1 million Naira could have been used for investigation and verification, which would have saved the day.

100k go do the investigation of any land. Na only when you wan run the document you go need huge sum.
Person wey wan buy land of 10m should not have issues parting with 50/100k to just find out the source of the land and potential risk as to title.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by TANID(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
embarassed
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by zinaunreal(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by phemmie06(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2023
Where was the house built , was the building and the land fully certified?

Thank God Lagos is only governed by a party so no one can come to tell us it is partisan politics.

But where is the ministry in charge of building and LASBCA when this building was built?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fine Mansion Lagos Is Demolishing With "2 Days" Notice by kingthreat(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
Painful but hiring a good realtor and performing due diligence would have saved the builder this massive loss.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Native Doctor Places Juju On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection - Photo / The Technology Of Block Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.