Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals (3410 Views)

Youths Demand For Guns To Fight Herdsmen In Delta State / Herdsmen Attack : We Will Fight Herdsmen With Our Charms : Yoruba Elders Boasts! / Mambilla Crisis:NAF Situate Base In Sadauna LGA,Taraba,To Fight Herdsmen(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2018
mysticwarrior:
that is not a solution but rather it will increase the problem, those Fulani herdsmen don't forgive and their cows are more important to them than human lives, they will come back and slaughter people living in the surrounding territory, the best solution is to make a law preventing them from entering farmers land, just like Fayose is doing.

you sound like a girl. Fulani herdsmen don't forgive but you think we do? lol ok

2 Likes

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
ivandragon:
spray too much, crops get contaminated...

contaminated crop gets consumed by humans...

humans get sick, develop cancer & other crazy genetic defects...

foreign countries reject farm produce from Nigeria citing over use of chemicals...

Nigeria loses foreign income from agriculture...

Fulani herdsmen learn new trick, burns entire farms... if their cows won't eat, then crops won't grow...

violence between farmers & herdsmen continue...

poisoning crops will just increase the cycle of violence. the way forward is still ranching but the herdsmen should run it as private business just as every other business person in the agric sector...

then education is key...

You eat the fruit of a plant, the cow eats the leaves and stems. These are parts you otherwise throw away. The cycle of violence has increased without your input.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2018
ckmayoca:
if you kill herdsmen cow wit poison and they gets to know , just don't go to ur farm with ur family again because everyone seen on the farm will be slaughtered to get revenge.

RIP to you. The rest of us have already started.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ivandragon: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

You eat the fruit of a plant, the cow eats the leaves and stems. These are parts you otherwise throw away. The cycle of violence has increased without your input.

lol...

OK, because the chemical that will percolate through the soil & from which the roots & leaves get nutrients does not also 'nourish' the fruit right?

https://www.naija.ng/503990-european-union-bans-agricultural-food-exports-nigeria.html

do not let hatred blind your ability to reason 'safely'...
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ckmayoca: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

RIP to you. The rest of us have already started.

who is holding u back? you are the one loving in the rural I have no deal with herdsmen
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ckmayoca: 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2018
ivandragon:

lol...

OK, because the chemical that will percolate through the soil & from which the roots & leaves get nutrients does not also 'nourish' the fruit right?

https://www.naija.ng/503990-european-union-bans-agricultural-food-exports-nigeria.html

why arguing with that mumu?
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ckmayoca: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

you sound like a girl. Fulani herdsmen don't forgive but you think we do? lol ok

you know the meaning of ur monika abi name?

ofo- means wasted in yoruba
diri- unto you in igbo
nwa- child in igbo.

you are a wasted child so no need arguing with u.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ckmayoca: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
africangirl000:

Nonsense!! U have every right to sue the government if such happens. If I buy a plot of land, what I do on or with it is not the business of anybody. I can choose to plant maize, beans or leave it empty. It is my property. I can choose to plant cactus or poison the crops there for personal reasons. It is still no one's business. If the government cannot sanction tresspassers who think they can invade someone else's land without permission then the government has NO right to sanction me for doing as I please on a land I bought with my money.
I am honestly tired of nigerians not knowing their rights.

If I surround my building with electric wires and a thief while trying to break in gets electrocuted, will I be sanctioned?

lol very funny. I am not in support of the herdsmen and I hate them with passion to the extent that if they beg me for alms I spit at them. but the move of poisoning.... forget it..
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by pedrilo: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
make sure they dnt find out sha, cos they will so slaughter u and ur lineage
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
ckmayoca:

you know the meaning of ur monika abi name?

ofo- means wasted in yoruba
diri- unto you in igbo
nwa- child in igbo.

you are a wasted child so no need arguing with u.
If you're igbo making this post I pity you, if you're yoruba, than this post is ofo.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
ivandragon:

lol...

The herdsmen come and go. When they're in town, spray your crops (which is what we'll be doing in my community). they're all in communication with each other and if one's herd drops the rest will stay away. It's not by force. They'll need someone safe to go if it doesn't work in my place. At that time they can migrate to your mother's home village

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by ivandragon: 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

The herdsmen come and go. When they're in town, spray your crops (which is what we'll be doing in my community). they're all in communication with each other and if one's herd drops the rest will stay away. It's not by force. They'll need someone safe to go if it doesn't work in my place. At that time they can migrate to your mother's home village

lol...

may God deliver nigerians from all these 'village' id!ots that think life starts & stops in their in their microscopic communities...
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
pedrilo:
They'll be flattened in a 5 state radius. let them try
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 24, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
INFO

Don't fight fulani herdsmen. Combine & spray the following chemicals on your farm:

Atrazine,
Chlorpyrifos,
Metolachlor,

This chemicals controls pest, insect & weeds. When sprayed on stem & leaves, any cow that eats ur crops dies. No veterinary doctor can save such cow

[img]https://2.bp..com/-11_6ebTX0kU/V_97gaQ6IJI/AAAAAAAAYxg/fIRj9NNJBgwT6rpXuQTjj7JRIUtT2AatwCLcB/s1600/dead%2Bcows.jpg[/img]

What is happening is not about cows.

1 Like

Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Alexgeneration(m): 4:42am On Jan 24, 2018
ckmayoca:

with such idea, the revenge attack go bloody and govt go sanction u also.
Are you a herdsman? How many herdsmen have been sanctioned for destroying and killing people by your useless government?
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Alexgeneration(m): 4:45am On Jan 24, 2018
pedrilo:
And you think they have the monopoly of violence? Everybody is not a coward like you
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Alexgeneration(m): 4:48am On Jan 24, 2018
HsLBroker:
truth and wise words spotted here
Only fear and cowardice is spotted in that effeminate write up
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by deomelllo: 4:48am On Jan 24, 2018
Why poison yourself and destroy your own fertile land with poison.?

Must you Igbos always prove to us how dumb, thoughtless and foolish you are?
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by weownlagos: 6:08am On Jan 24, 2018
deomelllo:
Why poison yourself and destroy your own fertile land with poison.?

Must you Igbos always prove to us how dumb, thoughtless and foolish you are?
Is ipob still taunting you in your dream?
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by deomelllo: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2018
weownlagos:

Is ipob still taunting you in your dream?

Are you ipob? Or yours is just a sad case of a guilty conscience?

Abeg shut up.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by UncleJudax(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
Mynd44:
I can think of a couple of reasons why this is a silly idea. Top been

You are the person that will buy the same poisoned cow in the beef market and kill yourself eventually. If you dont, your uncle, aunt, parents, siblings, children, neighbor, pastor, church members will.

When you spray too much of this on the plants and the rain washes them into the soil and it kills off the nutrients in the soil, you will kuku join the next truck to the city to look for job cos your farm will become barren.

If your soil is not infected, the chemicals go down into the water table or the nearest drainage, canala and stream/river which you drink or swim, undergoes chemical changes and you start catching all sorts of new strains of illness and your pregnant women give birth to children with birth defects.

But these are just minor, I am totally sure it is worth it
Most Pest and insect Control chemicals have unique properties. I dont know for the listed three but they are mostly designed to kill by attacking metabolic pathways of the target plant/animal..and in Most cases, the enzymes targeted (in These pathways) are Not found in humans.

Unless Quality Control and/or regulations were compromised, I dont See any issue here.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by UncleJudax(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
mysticwarrior:
that is not a solution but rather it will increase the problem, those Fulani herdsmen don't forgive and their cows are more important to them than human lives, they will come back and slaughter people living in the surrounding territory, the best solution is to make a law preventing them from entering farmers land, just like Fayose is doing.
Since they can come Back and kill, how would a law Stop them from entering a Farm...If they want to?
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
jusRadical:

What is happening is not about cows.

absolutely, but the cows are their power base. If you're going to win a war, and that's what this is, you have to take away the power base of your opponent and the Fulani have made it abundantly clear. Their cultural institutions tie back to Islam and cows (lol). You're not going to win a fight against Islam, and it's foolish since in truth, they're traditionalists, not Muslims.

Their investment is their cows. Cows to them are land, as they're not into buying land if they can't own it militarily (when the request for cattle colonies). They fundamentally don't believe in the safety of owning land because they themselves know how easily they violate property rights. They don't see it as a sensible investment and have built an advantage not being attached to any specific location (until it's, again, militarily convenient).

If you take away the cows, you take away the threat, trust me. If they're losing on their investment, they'll rethink their behavior. They can raze 100 villages but if they don't know whether or not their cows will leave Kogi state or Osun state alive, they're not coming because investment-wise, it's not worth it.

treat your crops and they'll stay in their lane. Spread the word to farmers in your area. Most Africans from out regions are peaceful in nature and don't understand aggressive prolonged warfare. But we do understand business, farming, chemicals and science. They don't and can't. So fight them in the field you know.
Re: From Twitter: Don't Fight Herdsmen, Spray Crops With These Chemicals by Ofodirinwa: 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2018
mysticwarrior:
I just pity u, those fulani warriors come when u don't expect them, it might take a whole year, they mobilize their fighters from guinea, Mali, bokina Faso,Niger and Sudan, their fierce attack is usually carried out between 3:30 to 4:30am, their warriors are equipped with charms that makes them to appear invisible, believe me it is better to experience a boko haram attack than to witness a fulani attack, am not saying all these to glorify their condemnable deeds, am only trying to correct your impression of attacking them first as the circle will keep repeating itself, u can only succeed in killing some of their cattles but u don't stand a chance against their vicious fighters who disappears into tin air after fighting.

LMFAO. You really believe as someone educated enough to type that human beings are disappearing into thin air when they fight? Look at this level of reasoning.

If they're in you village fire guns in the air repeatedly. treat your crops. When the cows die, I will be my own life that they don't return. They attack when you don't expect because they're cowards and don't want you to fight back. If there's a risk of them getting shot, they won't fight you. This is biblical fact. Many villages in the middle belt, and places like Enugu don't have a single gun owner and these are the villages that get attacked. They monitor who they can use to make a statement and who they can't.

A women in Awka Ibom killed cows by lacing her field. They never returned till this day and that was 4 years ago. Why? Because that same community in Awka Ibom manufactures local guns.

If you believe in disappearing people and magic this conversation isn't for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: I Was Live On My Parent’s Burial Only Few Knew About It / Iskilu Wakili: OPC Made 4 Costly Mistakes And They Will Regret It / Taraba State Governor Looses Polling Unit To Obi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.