Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Cac Living Water Daily Dev. 23 Jan.2018 : Topic - Satan Takes To Heights - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Dev. 23 Jan.2018 : Topic - Satan Takes To Heights (395 Views)

Open Heavens 28th Jan 2018 / Day 7. Wednesday 17th Jan 2018. 2018 RCCG 50 Days Fasting & Prayers. / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. Jan. 2018) Thank You Father! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Dev. 23 Jan.2018 : Topic - Satan Takes To Heights by DailyDevotion1: 6:38am On Jan 23, 2018
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE For Tuesday, January 23, 2018 : Topic - SATAN TAKES TO HEIGHTS
by Adegbola Akanni on January 23, 2018 in CAC Living Water, Daily Devotion

Read more Devotional @ www.muyilight.com

LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

SATAN TAKES TO HEIGHTS

� READ Matthew 4:1--11
1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry.
3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "
5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple,
6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: 'He shall give His angels charge over you,' and, 'In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.' "
7 Jesus said to him, "It is written again, 'You shall not tempt the Lord your God.' "
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "
11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

MEMORISE:
Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. (Matthew 4:cool

EXPOSITION

The temptation of Jesus after the 40-day-40-night marathon fasting and prayer, is a perfect model to help us overcome the temptations the devil brings our ways, today (Heb.4: 15--16).

Satan took Jesus to a height, in the second temptation, and challenged Him to unduly put His divine power to test. He wanted Him to demonstrate pride, as opposed to His humble and sacrificial lifestyle. Jesus crushed Satan's craftiness by the true Power of His Word( Matt. 4:5--7).

Satan wouldn't just give up like that, knowing that it would be the greatest opportunity he would have to bring down the physically emaciated Jesus due to the long fasting period. He took Him again to an exceedingly high mountain. To do what? After showing Him the apparent beauties of this world, he asked Him to bow to him (Satan) to have all of them (v 8--9). He tempted Jesus to win the world, not by the way of the shame-laden Cross. What a great temptation.

Had Jesus fallen for the deceitful advances, it would have amounted to Him crashing from those great heights, and that would have foreshadowed grave danger for Himself and the entire universe. But He couldn't, wouldn't and didn't fail or fall for that.

When the devil takes a man to a height as high as the man's height, the crash might be ignorable. But when it happens from some-where as high as Mount Everest in spiritual comparison, the individual would crash loud, with a deafening noise. Satan hasn't quit his nefarious business of tempting God's people, like He did to Jesus. Thank God, temptation is no sin. Above all,we have His provision in His Son,to overcome ALL temptations (1Cor. 10:13; Heb.4:15,16). Do you visit Him regularly for His sanctifying and sustaining Power?

PRAYER POINTS
1. Lord, I come to You for Your cleansing Power. Purge me of every tendency that can lead to my falling away from You.
2. Lord, help me, so that when the devil takes me to the heights of temptation, his tactics would always fail over my life.
3. Pray for sisters who are being tempted to give in to fornication because of the challenges of marital and job delays.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:Genesis 47--48 & Matthew 23

Read more Devotional @ www.muyilight.com

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tony Kemp Visits Heaven And See's Jesus / #50 Before You Are Allowed To Study In A Church Hall / Why Is It Not Advisable To Attend Church Service With Short

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.