Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer (27313 Views)

Don't Sleep On This Laptop Corei5 500gb Hdd 8gb Ram For 110k / Tips On How To Set PC Power Button To Perform Hibernate Action / I Need A Computer Engineer In Lekki Or Ajah Area To Help Me Check My System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by PotatoSalad(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2018
femarse:
people that says hibernation or sleep is not good for a system are those that just like to say things for the fancy of it
as a matter of fact it's more better to leave ur system in either hibernation or sleep than shutting down that is if u have constant power supply be systems that never shutdown 247 just sleep when done and resume when I am back (system is not my own) however did same thing for my system and the only reason I shutdown is because I am running down on battery and no power supply
u can leave ur system on 365 days a year and only sleeping when u are off it and the system will still be just fine
Hibernation is bad for SSDs. It wears them out overtime. If your pc is running on ssds, why hibernate when a boot up takes less than 6 seconds?
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by imhere: 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
Maybe it is the reason I am having hard disk problem. When I on my laptop it now tells me hard disk starter error.
To continue I have to press enter, I don't know how long this will continue.
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by Phi001(m): 11:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
iamdapsyj:

It will slow down your computer in the long run.....its better to shut down to refresh the system... smiley smiley
The never might have been an exaggeration...

I shut down when it's completely necessary, like after I update my drivers..
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by SirBunky85(m): 2:08am On Jan 24, 2018
Albert0011:
Actually I did not read the post, but I think the girl has no right to beat up her boyfriend in public maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but If the neighbor refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car
stale
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by nelsonebby(m): 5:00am On Jan 24, 2018
iamdapsyj:

The OP is right if you take time to observe your system....oya go do some assignments if u have a laptop.
mtchewww.
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2018
Q12:
Good explanation but I dont have Hibernate mode
change battery settings
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 5:03am On Jan 24, 2018
nelsonebby:
its the same as sleep. don't mind this op
its not
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 5:08am On Jan 24, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Good job.Dear op I can't see hibernate on my PC,is it because am on windows 10?
change it in battery setting mode
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 5:09am On Jan 24, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Hibernate is hidden in windows 10 cos it's not good for computers running on solid state drives. It spoils it over time
its there, if you need it, change your battery settings mode
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by anyicash(m): 7:41am On Jan 24, 2018
PotatoSalad:

It is hidden my friend. Not that you can't enable it.
I use a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop and I only have the sleep, shut down and restart enabled.
Hibernation isn't good for SSDs
oook you might be right.
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by PotatoSalad(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2018
phemmyfour:
its there, if you need it, change your battery settings mode
Oh I see. I don't need it though.
My pc boots in 6 seconds.
Intel core i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 ram, 256gb ssd + 2tb hdd
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by PotatoSalad(m): 9:33am On Jan 24, 2018
anyicash:
oook you might be right.
Not might. I'm always right cool
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Oh I see. I don't need it though.
My pc boots in 6 seconds.
Intel core i7 7700HQ, 16GB DDR4 ram, 256gb ssd + 2tb hdd
Its not about PC config, its about the nature of job you do on the system. You need hibernation for some jobs that can't be save until task is completed

Also, if you are gamer like me, you ll appreciate hibernation mode
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by anyicash(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
PotatoSalad:

Not might. I'm always right cool
you are always right how?
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by PotatoSalad(m): 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
phemmyfour:
Its not about PC config, its about the nature of job you do on the system. You need hibernation for some jobs that can't be save until task is completed

Also, if you are gamer like me, you ll appreciate hibernation mode
I do complex tasks and a shutdown is always better
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
PotatoSalad:

I do complex tasks and a shutdown is always better
Stop arguing without brain. I m referring to task that once you shut down you ll have to start all over again.
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by PotatoSalad(m): 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
phemmyfour:
Stop arguing without brain. I m referring to task that once you shut down you ll have to start all over again.
You fool, if you use a fast pc, you don't have to hibernate. What happened to Saving your stuff?
Mumu
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by Kenkeye: 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2018
PotatoSalad:

You fool, if you use a fast pc, you don't have to hibernate. What happened to Saving your stuff?
Mumu

One may not have the luxury of time to save current works. Just imagine working with several webpages and PDF files concurrently and you need to attend to urgent situation which requires that you put your PC off or leave your present location. Hibernation can save you from starting afresh: locating the websites, webpages and PDF files the next time you put the computer on
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by PotatoSalad(m): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kenkeye:

One may not have the luxury of time to save current works. Just imagine working with several webpages and PDF files concurrently and you need to attend to urgent situation which requires that you put your PC off or leave your present location. Hibernation can save you from starting afresh: locating the websites, webpages and PDF files the next time you put the computer on
Because it's Nigeria.
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by Alli9k(m): 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
phemmyfour:

Abeg jex ignore d guy grin
Re: Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer by phemmyfour: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
Alli9k:

Abeg jex ignore d guy grin
I don ignore am tey tey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Most Popular Methods For Cracking Passwords And Their Countermeasures / How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.