Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC (28485 Views)

Reject N-power, Trader-moni For Jobs In NNPC, CBN - Sowore / Appointments In NNPC: Ohanaeze, Afenifere, PANDEF, Senators, Others Kick / Capital Oil Sold Missing Fuel Worth N11bn, Senate Calls For Massive Sack In NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by MisterGrace: 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
SENATOR DINO MELAIYE UNCOVERS MASSIVE FRAUD IN THE NNPC
NNPC operates a secret account used for siphoning monies,currently has a balance of $137mllion,$4million has previously been withdrawn – Sen. Malaye

Lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District, Senator Dino Melaye, has raised the alarm over alleged operation of a secret account by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and other joint venture companies.

Melaye, who raised a point of order at the plenary on Tuesday, alleged that the account, which was supposed to be domiciled with the Central Bank of Nigeria, was with Keystone Bank, had no Bank Verification Number and had a balance of $137m as of today (Tuesday).

He said, “While some individuals and government appointees will continue to steal, we have decided to continue to expose corruption in public life.

“This morning, I call the attention of the Nigerian Senate to a suspected, colossal, monumental corruption in NNPC.

“A company was registered with the name ‘Brass LNG Limited’ with the Federal Government having controlling shares.

“We have some Italians, Belgians and French as shareholders, with the Federal Government with a controlling share of about 50 per cent.

“It is a known fact that once you have a joint venture, the account of such joint venture will be domiciled with the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“But in this case, that was not what happened. In private, the account was opened with Keystone Bank; this account has no BVN and there has been periodic withdrawals (from it).

“The last withdrawal from the account was to the tune of $4m. As I speak to you, the balance of that account as of today is $137m.”

President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, sought the permission of the lawmakers to allow Melaye to bring the matter up as a motion at the next legislative day, which was unanimously granted.

Melaye was asked to move the motion on Wednesday (tomorrow).

http://www.thetowncrier.ng/2018/01/23/senator-dino-melaiye-uncovered-massive-fra

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by abokibuhari: 5:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
grin This is what we call change in corruption. May it not be well with yusuf wherever he is now.

At picture, the yorubas keep making mistakes, may we never be a product of use and dump

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by HOLYDICK(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
My nigga Dino grin

37 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by Biggie225(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
Another job for bmc now,,oya defend ur master
Bubu supporters and all their media crews right now..

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by SOFTENGR: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
Dino should be appointed Chairman EFCC.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by uwa1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2018
This Government is finished...

10 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by 1nigeriamyfoot: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2018
Saint Muhammadu Buhari

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by dangermouse(m): 6:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
The level of impunity and corruption being recorded in this present government is disheartening.
But more disheartening is the fact that the presidency does not seem to care and has refused to take actions in bringing the perpetrators to book.
As long as you are a supporter and member of the ruling party,you can never do wrong.
I see a day of reckoning fast approaching.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by MisterGrace: 7:45am On Jan 24, 2018
Sometimes I feel a little life in my faith in this country and most times, I totally lose hope.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by royalamour(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2018
Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 pls let the world see this.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by muyibaba222(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Hope this will not end the same way you claimed Fashola looted money and nothing has come out of it?

13 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:50am On Jan 24, 2018
God help us!
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by sotall(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2018
grin grin
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 24, 2018
the horse rider feeling the heat, nothing seems to be working , even his wife is against him, oma se o.....omo wa se ori se ,ori ko le se.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by tuoyoojo(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2018
this is just the tip of the "ice block " like my friend would say

by the time this APC govt leaves power, the corruption charges against the last administration would be child's play

four million dollars withdrawn just like that

almost 1.5 billion

just sit down and soak in that amount

10 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by maxiuc(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 24, 2018
INTERESTING
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by Pubichairs(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2018
OK nah
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by shortgun(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2018
Buhari is a thief

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by Realdeals(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2018
Lol! after reading Sen. Melaye statement especially the bolded, I felt he just wanted to make noise, anyway goodluck to him.

“A company was registered with the name ‘Brass LNG Limited’ with the Federal Government having controlling shares.

We have some Italians, Belgians and French as shareholders, with the Federal Government with a controlling share of about 50 per cent.

“It is a known fact that once you have a joint venture, the account of such joint venture will be domiciled with the Central Bank of Nigeria

“But in this case, that was not what happened. In private, the account was opened with Keystone Bank; this account has no BVN and there has been periodic withdrawals (from it).

“The last withdrawal from the account was to the tune of $4m. As I speak to you, the balance of that account as of today is $137m.”

2 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by frank202012: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2018
when Gej was in aso rock....
I remember how this stock fish that calls himself buhari ran his mouth abt fuel subsidy......

now it has become a normal thing buying fuel @145......

I wonder under whose watch is this frauds going on......

bastards......

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by slawomir: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2018
ok
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by gurunlocker: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2018
Minister of petroleum is totally clueless about all the happenings...

5 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by okerekeikpo: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2018
Funny country, is Dino now less corrupt? Shot hole

2 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by imstrong1: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2018
Fraud in that sector is not a new thing wonder why the government have kept mute about it over the years

2 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by scholes23(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2018
DINO DINO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by UnknownT: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2018
Dino, Abba Kyari and Mamman Daura are both aware of the account cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2018
Lol by 4pm dem don move the moni...wetin dem dey use Ghana must go do for Ghana?
Re: Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC by GavelSlam: 11:57am On Jan 24, 2018
The boy who cried wolf.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dele Momodu, Lauretta Onochie In War Of Words On Twitter / Amaechi, Buni Pay Courtesy Calls On The APC National Chairman (Photos) / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Frank Ajobena Quits APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.