Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

15 Year Old Boy Went On Shooting Spree In A Kentucky High School - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15 Year Old Boy Went On Shooting Spree In A Kentucky High School (542 Views)

African Who Went On A Shooting Spree In The US- “I Don’t Like Black People” / Cultists Go On Killing Spree In Kogi State University / Police Release Statement On Shooting Of Niger Delta University Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Year Old Boy Went On Shooting Spree In A Kentucky High School by aybabz101: 8:56am On Jan 24, 2018
A 15-year-old boy opened fire with a handgun just before classes started at his high school in rural western Kentucky on Tuesday, killing two fellow
students and wounding 13 other youths before
he was arrested, the state’s governor and police
said. The shooter, who has not been officially
identified, entered a common area at Marshall
County High School in Benton shortly before 8
a.m. (1400 GMT), pulled out a pistol and began
firing at students, witnesses told Kentucky
media.

The suspect will be charged with two counts of
murder and multiple counts of attempted
murder, the Kentucky State Police said. Police
have not released a motive for the shooting but
said they believed the gunman acted alone.
The bloodshed at the school of nearly 1,150
students in a small farming town was the latest
outbreak of gun violence that has become a
regular occurrence at schools and college
campuses across the United States over the past
several years.

The students killed were Bailey Hope, a 15-year-
old girl, and Preston Cope, a 15-year-old boy,
state police said. Five of the victims were in
critical condition, police said, but hospital
officials said they expected all those wounded in
the incident to survive. “I see this guy draw from his side and he pulls out a pistol. I didn’t even know what was going on. And then it registered. About the time it
registered, this guy was sitting here pulling the
trigger into all of us,” student Bryson Conkwright told TV station WKRN. “I can hear the gunshots. He was shooting in our group,” said Conkwright, showing where a bullet grazed his hand.

Kentucky State Police previously reported that
14 people were shot, including the two who
died, but changed that number to 15 late on
Tuesday. Apart from those who were shot, five
other people were also injured in the chaos,
police said. All 20 of the victims were between
14 and 18 years old.

At least one hospitalized student suffered a
broken jaw from falling and being trampled
while trying to escape, Marshall County
prosecutor Jeff Edwards said in a phone
interview. Edwards toured the school, from which he, his
wife and their children all graduated, describing signs of the scramble to flee from the gunfire.
Backpacks, cellphones and clothes were strewn
in the main area where the shooting occurred,
he said. “When it happened, apparently everyone left
everything laying,” Edwards said. “It made it
real, seeing the disarray.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-kentucky-shooting/kentucky-school-shooting-kills-2-wounds-13-teen-arrested-idUSKBN1FC209
Re: 15 Year Old Boy Went On Shooting Spree In A Kentucky High School by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 24, 2018
I am flabbergasted
This is madness
Re: 15 Year Old Boy Went On Shooting Spree In A Kentucky High School by aybabz101: 9:05am On Jan 24, 2018
I think the republicans need to shun political differences right nw and tackle this gun issue. They should revisit the idea of gun control initiated during the Obama administration, if they are not satisfied with obamas, they should provide a better one to tackle this menace.

(1) (Reply)

Militia Group Kill Two Policemen In Benue / Fake And Detrimental Products / Woman Narrowly Escaped Death As Fulani Herdsmen Brutally Injured Her In FCT.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.