Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? (54647 Views)

What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University / If Lockdown Persists, What Will Happen To Our Education System? / Meet Lucy Akwawa, Nigeria's Most Beautiful Student, Who Sold Indomie & Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Demmtek(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
Why Not boil it in �rijin beer, and see what happen #science student
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Anijay1212(m): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2018
desreek9:

Yes it is, thanks
You are welcome dear.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Anijay1212(m): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2018
desreek9:

Yes it is, thanks
You are welcome dear.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by AreaFada2: 3:10am On Jan 25, 2018
Na vaseline you go take fry live wall gecko next time. grin cheesy shocked
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by jerflakes(m): 3:51am On Jan 25, 2018
agabaI23:
Just curious, the boiling point of Hexane is 68C. Hexane is anything but water soluble. Why should it have a boiling point?

Dfavouredone:

Sorry, don't mislead people. Anything physical substance can boil if heated to the right temperature. Water boils at 100°c while other liquid like oil, petrol, methanol etc have their different boiling points at normal atmospheric pressure.
So the term boiling is not just reserved for water or water soluble liquid alone.

JastSiryin:
The word *boil* had been used in place of fry in the olden days though. Just pointing that out

saintneo:

You can boil in any liquid - oil, water, etc

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-we-fry-food-in-oil-and-not-in-water

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Protocall: 4:32am On Jan 25, 2018
Won ti po chemical poo, awon omo science student
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by agabaI23(m): 5:31am On Jan 25, 2018
jerflakes:

I hope you read through the link you sent. Meanwhile that's a forum not an authority.

I just gave you an example to explain that your statement is wrong and I think you should modify it so that you mislead.

Oil boils just like most liquids. The difference is, oil boils at higher temperature.

Soy bean oil boils at 300 C, paraffin oil at around the same range though higher.

If he wants to boil egg on oil, he just needs to heat the oil to the boiling point.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 5:39am On Jan 25, 2018
Follygunners:

The shell would melt off and all you'll have is just the boiled egg without shell.. wink. Just imagine what powerful chemicals we put into our system..
This is serious!
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by blackface123: 6:27am On Jan 25, 2018
Wow, u go just hear puuuuuummmmm,Abi u wan form ur own bumb?hahahahahahahaha
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Reenoch(m): 6:42am On Jan 25, 2018
jerflakes:
Good work!

You have a scientists' curiousity

But you don't boil something inside oil though

The term, boiling, is reserved for water or water-soluble liquid

Abeg no vex for that correction, I like your experiment though

You sound like an account or a public administrator or even a bus conductor that is trying to explain the physical properties a matter.

Oga all matter that has a liquid state has a boiling point and can be boiled if it's boiling point can be reached. Don't correct what you don't know next time Mr. Accountant
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Reenoch(m): 6:54am On Jan 25, 2018
jerflakes:
Good work!

Oga, are you a carpenter? The term "boiling " is used for all matter the has a liquid state , because they all have a boilling point.

Kerosine can be boiled and frozen if you don't know .
So also any oil.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by PierreDeFermath(m): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2018
RemedyLab:
Discovered by you
discover ke? I'm sure some scientists have tried this 1000 years ago. its too elementary to be new
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by saintneo(m): 7:13am On Jan 25, 2018
jerflakes:

you are viewing it from food perspective alone. We fry foods in oil, we roast food heated airspace, etc.

I looked at it from the basic science. All liquids have boiling points.

Furthermore, in ages past, Europe and Asia killed people by boiling people in oil.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Raskasal(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2018
OpsMoniker:
Don't try this at home

Awon Omo Science Student
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by thirdi(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2018
You want explosion? Fry boiled egg in deep hot oil. Did this when I was like 10 and still have the scares on my face till date. The thing Jst goes pooom ra ta ta ta ta
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by DedeNkem: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2018
OpsMoniker:
Don't try this at home

If you explosion, boil with water until the water dries up. The egg will explode after water in the egg dries up too.

But if you want to see a real bang, place an egg in the microwave, turn the heat rate high then sit back and watch.
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Philadelphia: 10:22am On Jan 25, 2018
OpsMoniker:
Don't try this at home

In your mind now, you'd be feeling like a scientist.
So how does boiling egg in oil help fight corruption in Nigeria? undecided
What is the economic importance of that? angry
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by Liams24(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2018
Ablyz:
only fry will oil.
Fry will or with Mr.Man?
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by sylvez(m): 11:30am On Jan 25, 2018
so, you've not heard of boiling oil

jerflakes:
Good work!
Re: What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? by obonaija234: 4:40am On Jan 28, 2018
OpsMoniker:
Don't try this at home

If an explosion is what you want put the egg on a plate and put it in a microwave. Note am not responsible for what happens to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Female Student Goes Blind After Slap By Principal’s Secretary [see Photos] / Amou Haji, The World's Dirtiest Man Who Hasn't Bathed For 60Years(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.