Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? (1436 Views)

Tinubu Demands Apology From Saraki, Dogara On National Dailies - Vanguard / PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by bussyankee(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2007
did you read yar adua's letter in the dailies?the guy seems to have some appeal. what do you think?
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by ugodaniel(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2007
bussyankee:

did you read yar adua's letter in the dailies?the guy seems to have some appeal. what do you think?

How are you sure he's da one that wrote it and please state your SOURCE! sad
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by McKren(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2007
I have personally heard his interview on BBC, he may not have the greatest accent or be the greatest orator but his sense of diplomacy while answering questions is great. When you hear him talk you just accept his genuineness, at least he is not promising to build bridges where there are no rivers. He does recognise the present concept of leadership as a means to amerse wealth is Irrational and has so far demonstrated appreciable genuine desire for a change.

Though they say power corrupts, he might change when he gets there but I think no Government can succeed without the support of the people and he does understand this to start with. So he deserves a chance.

Maybe going by the records the party PDP is not anything to be desired but I think it still makes more sense to vote them. The bulk of people who perpetrated the highest amount of fraud in the last two elections and who prefer bussiness as usual to change have moved to the AC.
The PDP are not even too desperate to retain power otherwise they will not be risking a Yarudua in the interest of Generational change and to demilitarise our democracy over bigwigs like IBB, Gusau or Marwa. The PDP may not be in our good books but they offer a better choice compared to ANPP or AC.

For me I think if we know what we want as a nation the election should be a 2-horse race between Yaradua and Utomi.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by ugodaniel(m): 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2007
McKren:

For me I think if we know what we want as a nation the election should be a 2-horse race between Yaradua and Utomi.

You're ok to be expressing your own view or opinion.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by CrudeOil2(m): 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2007
The man is a bloody stooge.He should go bac to the classroom.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by fyi(m): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2007
nice point mckren,
Yar'adua is truly the most sincere of all,
i really feel he wld make a decent president
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by lewa(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2007
u
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by lewa(m): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2007
Umaru Musa Ya'adua is a stooge.His nomination or should i say adoption by OBJ on behalf of PDP to be foisted on Nigeria was undemocratic.Now would a principled man, a man with integrity,above board be subject to the sham of a congress PDP arranged to make him their flag bearer?
Don't be fooled,the man would be worse than OBJ
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by McKren(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2007
lewa:

Umaru Musa Ya'adua is a stooge.His nomination or should i say adoption by OBJ on behalf of PDP to be foisted on Nigeria was undemocratic.Now would a principled man, a man with integrity,above board be subject to the sham of a congress PDP arranged to make him their flag bearer?

How parties choose their party leader is entirely up to them, it could be elective, selective or by inheritance. It is up to the Nigerian people to choose which party offers the best deal. At a time in our history when our utmost priority should be generational change and to break free from a past which the average Nigeria will be so glad to easily forget, I think PDP has a better deal compared to AC or ANPP.

Talking about the PDP congress being a sham and the process undermining the integrity of the man Yaradua. I will not like to speculate on what you are trying to potray by the word "sham" but going by the dictionary definition of the word as "something that is not what it purports to be; a spurious imitation; fraud or hoax"

I now ask, how is the AC congress not a spurious immitation? The AC was formed to pursue the Presidential ambition of Atiku Abubarkar. Why pretend to have a Presidential primaries during party congress when you have a predetermined Presidential candidate. Is'nt that a sham??
Parties are formed based on political and nationalistic ideologies, non of these are the motivation behind the alliance called AC, they have no values all they have is a goal formed
by the ambition of the man called Atiku Abubakar (Nigeria's symbol of corruption). The total existence of the Party called AC (Alliance for Corruption) is the true definition of the word SHAM.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by omon(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2007
McKren:

How parties choose their party leader is entirely up to them, it could be elective, selective or by inheritance. It is up to the Nigerian people to choose which party offers the best deal. At a time in our history when our utmost priority should be generational change and to break free from a past which the average Nigeria will be so glad to easily forget, I think PDP has a better deal compared to AC or ANPP.

Talking about the PDP congress being a sham and the process undermining the integrity of the man Yaradua. I will not like to speculate on what you are trying to potray by the word "sham" but going by the dictionary definition of the word as "something that is not what it purports to be; a spurious imitation; fraud or hoax"

I now ask, how is the AC congress not a spurious immitation? The AC was formed to pursue the Presidential ambition of Atiku Abubarkar. Why pretend to have a Presidential primaries during party congress when you have a predetermined Presidential candidate. Is'nt that a sham??
Parties are formed based on political and nationalistic ideologies, non of these are the motivation behind the alliance called AC, they have no values all they have is a goal formed
by the ambition of the man called Atiku Abubakar (Nigeria's symbol of corruption). The total existence of the Party called AC (Alliance for Corruption) is the true definition of the word SHAM.

You have spoken my mind McKren. Those sick men in AC are the bitter men of Nigerian politics. All they say in their rallies are only on how OBJ has done so much evil iin the country why they - the saints, have no part in it. They haver no value, policies, nothing to offer Nigerians!
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by lewa(m): 4:15am On Mar 04, 2007
How parties choose their party leader is entirely up to them, it could be elective, selective or by inheritance.

Preposterous!Which democracy does not allow for primaries?Which democracy does not have open primaries?So we are allowed to go along with a promise that is flawed from the onset!
I
will not like to speculate on what you are trying to potray by the word "sham" but going by the dictionary definition of the word as "something that is not what it purports to be; a spurious imitation; fraud or hoax"

Your guess is as good as mine!
Did you see me endorse AC in any post?Please keep to specifics. No undue unwarranted digression
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by BigB11(m): 4:50am On Mar 04, 2007
Yaradua to me stands for sincerity and honesty; and this is why I admire the man.
"what you see is what you get" absolutely, there is no hidden agenda.

You can never, never compare the man to OBJ.
Yaradua is an incredible human being, a real man who understands the roles of a leader and embraces unity.

If he becomes the next Nigerian president, I think he will do well.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by donnymikky(m): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2007

whatever happens within a political party should not be the yard stick to judge anybody. Come to think of it, was Buhary not forced on the ANPP members?, was AC not registered just because of Atiku?, If you have any good reason against YAr'adua's candidacy just as we stated against Atiku please say it.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by donnymikky(m): 8:57am On Mar 04, 2007
I have personally heard his interview on BBC, he may not have the greatest accent or be the greatest orator but his sense of diplomacy while answering questions is great. When you hear him talk you just accept his genuineness, at least he is not promising to build bridges where there are no rivers. He does recognise the present concept of leadership as a means to amerse wealth is Irrational and has so far demonstrated appreciable genuine desire for a change.

Though they say power corrupts, he might change when he gets there but I think no Government can succeed without the support of the people and he does understand this to start with. So he deserves a chance.

Maybe going by the records the party PDP is not anything to be desired but I think it still makes more sense to vote them. The bulk of people who perpetrated the highest amount of fraud in the last two elections and who prefer bussiness as usual to change have moved to the AC.
The PDP are not even too desperate to retain power otherwise they will not be risking a Yarudua in the interest of Generational change and to demilitarise our democracy over bigwigs like IBB, Gusau or Marwa. The PDP may not be in our good books but they offer a better choice compared to ANPP or AC.

@Mckren,
You have spoken well brother!
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by McKren(m): 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2007
Preposterous!Which democracy does not allow for primaries?Which democracy does not have open primaries?So we are allowed to go along with a promise that is flawed from the onset!

Man get your facts right before you get verbal with people, in Britain one of such countries who we are borrowing this concept of democracy from.

The conservatives had a very rigorous election process in which David Cameron emerged the the winner defeating old horses like David Davids (elected).

While the Liberal Democrats saw the emergence of Sir Minzies Campbel in what could be described as a coup of some sought. The previous party learder Charles Kenedy was ousted for reasons of being an Alchoholic, while 2 front runners to the party election where blackmailed into resigning as a result of scandals involving sexual relation with men, one of such persons is Mark Oaten. The whole dramma was pointing somewhere, someone could actually be behind this plot and the Liberal Democrats had no choice but to adopt Old man Sir Minzies Campbell who was then the party deputy leader as its new Party leader (selected).

The Labour Party, on the otherhand, are on a crucial debate whether after the exit of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown should be an automatic leader (inheritance) or whether there should actually be a contest. some of such names totuted to engage Brown in a contest is David Miliband who himself has publicly proclaimed he is happy to serve under the leadership of Gordon Brown.

THE MORAL OF THE WHOLE STORY IS EVEN IN THE WEST WHERE THE PRACTICE OF DEMOCRACY ORIGINATED, PARTIES HAVE THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE THEIR PARTY LEADER AS THEY SO WISH SO I DONT KNOW WHO BETWEEN US IS MAKING A PREPOSTEROUS ASSERTION. I WILL LEAVE THAT DECISION TO YOU.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by Afam(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2007
lewa:

So very wrong. Any political party can handpick, elect, select or do anything it likes to get its flag bearer.

It is the duty of the electorate to reject the flag bearer at the polls.
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by lewa(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2007
Man get your facts right before you get verbal with people, in Britain one of such countries who we are borrowing this concept of democracy from
Hmm!Ok!I hope you have a grasp of what you are about to say!
The conservatives had a very rigorous election process in which David Cameron emerged the the winner defeating old horses like David Davids (elected).
Well?

While the Liberal Democrats saw the emergence of Sir Menzies Campbell in what could be described as a coup of some sought. The previous party learder Charles Kenedy was ousted for reasons of being an Alchoholic, while 2 front runners to the party election where blackmailed into resigning as a result of scandals involving sexual relation with men, one of such persons is Mark Oaten. The whole dramma was pointing somewhere, someone could actually be behind this plot and the Liberal Democrats had no choice but to adopt Old man Sir Minzies Campbell who was then the party deputy leader as its new Party leader (selected).
I did follow those events and can't recall anyone saying that there was some innvisible hand guiding the leakage of people's past indiscretions.In politics your life comes under scrutiny,especially for high office.Whatever happened to the Lib Dems,Menzies had no opposition period.People were angling for an election,it did not take place since no one was able to step to the plate so to say and the Old Man emerged.There's no add and fast rule in politics.Certain steps must take place and my premise is that in Nigeria it's all faulty!Or are you saying that Menzies was imposed on the party?
The Labour Party, on the otherhand, are on a crucial debate whether after the exit of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown should be an automatic leader (inheritance) or whether there should actually be a contest. some of such names totuted to engage Brown in a contest is David Miliband who himself has publicly proclaimed he is happy to serve under the leadership of Gordon Brown.
Brown has been often refered to as PM in waiting.Whatever leads to his emergence would be open and transparent not what happens in our backyard!
THE MORAL OF THE WHOLE STORY IS EVEN IN THE WEST WHERE THE PRACTICE OF DEMOCRACY ORIGINATED, PARTIES HAVE THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE THEIR PARTY LEADER AS THEY SO WISH SO I DONT KNOW WHO BETWEEN US IS MAKING A PREPOSTEROUS ASSERTION. I WILL LEAVE THAT DECISION TO YOU.
Apart from GB,what other arsenal is there to deploy?The practise of democracy does not involve cloak and dagger mysteries,it's open,fair,transparent and ultimately sincere to the benefit of party faithfuls and the general society at large!That is my premise.Primaries does not mean that a single candidate cannot emerge,but must conform to the very tenets of democracy the party hopes to defend at some point.
Over to you!
Re: Yar Adua's Letter In The Dailies.did U See It?wats Ur Impression Of The Guy? by McKren(m): 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2007
There is nothing more to say because you only corroborated my argument, thought you would been courteous enough to appologise for calling my earlier comment preposterous. grin

(1) (Reply)

Slaves In Sudan / Ekiti , A Haven For Killers? / Breaking News To All Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.